RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


For the next few days, Chance tried to see Uly only to find the female still near him. Finally, he stopped trying. He began to snub Feral whenever he saw him. Feral was confused by the cold look T-Bone began giving him those times he saw him during altercations with criminals. He thought T-Bone had seen his cousin and was just staying away so as not to give away their relationship but when his cousin finally left two weeks later T-Bone never returned.

His confusion began to turn to anger. He tried repeatedly to get T-Bone's attention even at the risk of Razor seeing him attempt it but the tabby tom always made sure he was never alone and ignored him.

Pain stabbed him in the heart. What had he done to deserve this. Had T-Bone finally gotten tired of him. The doubts began to overwhelm him. He stopped eating, just picked at his food. The nightmares began to reappear then the final straw struck.

He'd been feeling unusually tired and nauseated of late. He thought the tiredness was just due to his lack of appetite but other symptoms began to appear. Fearful, he found himself once more discretely picking up another pregnancy kit.

For two days he couldn't bring himself to use the test. By Saturday, he couldn't stand the suspense. Ripping the box open he grabbed the little stick in a death grip and peed on it. Counting to ten slowly, he stared at the far wall tautly then brought it up to look at it. He sat there in horror unable to move. His heart hammered in his chest and he thought he would faint instead a wail of anguish burst from his mouth and he couldn't stop the sobs that threatened to tear him apart. "Nooooooo..." He wailed.

It was a pale and depressed Commander who walked quickly through the doors of Enforcer Headquarters on Monday morning. There were many concerned looks as he kept his eyes glued forward and got onto the elevator. His Sergeant wasn't happy to see that haunted look back in his Commander's eyes. He'd thought his boss had found a companion since until these past few weeks he'd been happy and easy to work with but now that earlier demon was back and he didn't think it boded well for the enforcers.

Another week passed, Pastmaster, who had escaped Alkatraz Prison and got back his watch, roared into town in his usual style atop a ptrydactyl.

"Aw crud, Razor it just hasn't been a good week." T-Bone groused as he avoided the sorcerer's watch for the fourth time only to have the Pastmaster manage to nail them on the fifth attempt. They popped out over Megalith Castle.

"Well look on the bright side T-Bone at least Callista can get us back home again." Razor said in disgust.

"Oh yeah, we should have such good luck all the time." The tabby snorted taking them down.

In a matter of hours, Queen Callista managed to spell them back home. They reappeared just as Pastmaster was changing the clock tower to his old dark ages one. They got the drop on his ptrydactyl leaving Pastmaster on foot. Razor got ready to net him when the Pastmaster grabbed Callie, who had been watching from inside the clock tower, and started to drag her back into city hall.

"Aw crud." T-Bone muttered as he quickly landed the Turbokat on the tower. They leaped out and raced down the stairs chasing after the encumbered sorcerer. He didn't like the elevators so was running, pulling Briggs along, down the stairs. As he reached a landing, Feral jumped out and slammed the door into his face. It knocked Pastmaster and Briggs to the floor. The SWAT Kats arrived to snatch the watch from his paw and hog tied him up. Feral helped Briggs to her feet.

Getting ready to leave, T-Bone looked at Feral for a moment. In the light of the stairwell he saw something that made him unhappy. Feral looked thin and that haunted look was back in his eyes. It gave him a twinge but not enough to forgive Feral.

"Hey Commander, your girlfriend obviously isn't taking care of you properly. Better dump her ass and put weight back on." He said harshly then turned and ran up the stairs followed by a puzzled Razor for the Turbokat.

Feral gaped at his retreating back, his mind going... 'Girlfriend...what girlfriend?..." He shook his head in confusion then fury took its place and he was running to catch up with the SWAT Kats leaving a thoroughly confused Ms. Briggs and enforcers who had arrived to take Pastmaster into custody.

He caught them before they jumped aboard their jet, violently pulling T-Bone to the ground. Snarling in fury he bite, scratched and punched his lover. They rolled around in a flurry of arms and legs as a shocked T-Bone tried to get him to calm down. Due to Feral's weakened condition, T-Bone finally gets the upper hand by pinning down the big tom's paws and laying on his body while Razor held down the legs.

He called Feral by his first name trying to reach him. "Uly...Uly...come on ...calm down...God! What's wrong with you?" He said annoyed, looking into the nearly crazed golden eyes.

Feral spits, "How dare you! You leave me and say nothing...what was I... a temporary fling? ...you couldn't tell me you didn't want me...I wasn't good enough for you?" He ranted turning red and panting, his fury unabated..

"What are you talking about? I thought that she-kat that was hanging around you had replaced me. I thought you tossed me for her!" T-Bone said angrily.

"What she-kat?" Feral said still furious but also confused, ceasing his struggles to glare at his lover.

"Almost two and half months ago. That stunning black haired she-kat that was with you every time I tried to see you!" T-Bone spat.

Feral's eyes blinked in shock for a moment then narrowed again in renewed fury and bucked his body, nearly throwing T-Bone off him. "That was my cousin" He shrieked in the tabby's face. "All you had to do was ask or even send me a note but noooo... all you did was snub me, ignore me...my life was falling apart... I couldn't sleep. I was furious with you. I can't do this again...I can't..." Frustrated and highly emotional his voice choked and he closed his eyes... unable to deal with this anymore. He struggled not to cry.

"Cousin?" T-Bone froze in horror. 'Oh shit...all this time I was punishing him for no reason. T-Bone you're an idiot!' He berated himself. "Oh god, Uly, I'm so sorry. I acted like an ass...I just thought you didn't want me around anymore...forgive me...!" He pleaded. He had to fix this.

"It's soo much more than you not being there...I needed you...I needed you badly...God... I'm so tired " He said thickly then his eyes widened and he turned green as a wave of nausea hit him. "...off...off...get off now!" He choked urgently.

T-Bone scrambled off quickly and Razor let go as Feral quickly rolled to his knees and began retching. After several minutes of dry heaving he leaned back on his heels and panted for breath. He felt lightheaded. T-Bone cautiously wrapped a solicitous arm around his waist in concern.

"Uly? Are you okay?" He asked worried.

"No!" He moaned hoarsely then his eyes rolled up and he collapsed fainting in his lover's arms.

"Uly!" T-Bone said frantically, patting Feral's face lightly. "Razor give me some water!" He demanded. Confused as to what was going on, his partner handed him his bottle of water. T-Bone poured a little over Feral's face. Feral sputtered and sat up suddenly then swayed, "...oh... ...dizzy..." He muttered fuzzily.

"Here put your head down" T-Bone urged him pushing Feral's head down gently to his lap. "Just hold still a minute and breathe deeply." He rubbed his lover's back. "Feeling a little better." He asked after some minutes.

"Uh a little...my throat burns...my head is throbbing...but I'm not dizzy anymore." Feral said tirededly. "Gods, all this over a misunderstanding...I don't think I can stand it" He said in exhausted disgust.

"I know...I know...I said I was sorry...what more can I do?" T-Bone asked anxiously willing to do anything to make up for his stupidity.

Raising his head slowly, he waited to see if the scenery would stay put, when it did, he stared at T-Bone balefully. "You're sorry! I'm the one in trouble and you're sorry!" His voice rising in anger again. "I can't handle being pregnant again...I just can't... and you weren't around to pick me up when I fell apart..." He started to say, but was interrupted by a shocked T-Bone.

"Pregnant! Oh crud...oh fuck...I'm...I really screwed up...I'm soo sorry I wasn't there when you found out" T-Bone stuttered, his stupidity now magnified by this new revelation. "I promise I won't leave you to handle this alone. It's your body...I'll abide by any decision you wish to make about this kitten...I swear it." T-Bone said with all his heart pulling Feral into a tight hug.

Relieved that T-Bone hadn't intended to dump him but still upset that he was pregnant again and fearful that it would end up like the last one he was torn by twin emotions...fury...or relieved tears...his pregnancy hormones made the decision for him and he burst into tears.

Uncomfortable and angry at himself, T-Bone pulled his lover's head to his chest and comforted him. His partner just stood there in complete shock staring at the pair of them.