RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


***One week later***

"Gil? I have brought some clothes and several books and other items for you. Catherine has met my dad at a meeting to exchange information about the attacker," Greg announced when he stepped into their bedroom.

It turned into 'their' bedroom when the others found out that Gil couldn't sleep alone without having terrible nightmares. Plus it became final when Gil had kissed him softly and fast on the lips before almost running back upstairs, leaving Greg gazing at his retreating form while touching his lips with his fingers.

Sam and Lars had laughed loudly and his parents just shook their heads and told me that separate rooms weren't necessary any longer. He had blushed big time.

"What have they found out? Did they find the woman?" Gil asked curiously. He had finally began to talk more in those seven days they were staying in the cabin. The family had been very protective and that had made him safe. He was never alone anywhere except the bathroom.

"Yes, but it's not good news. They still haven't found the woman you saw being assaulted. Everyone is having their suspicions about a set-up," Greg said as he sat next to Gil on the bed.

"Oh," Gil answered dejected. "But do they know where he is?"

Greg shook his head. "Oh, I brought some stuff," he said, distracting his lover from the subject.

Gil looked at his clothes, books before his face lit up to see some of his collections of butterflies and cockroaches. "When is Sam coming?"

"Sam is picking up Simon and Papa Olaf," Greg answered. "He'll be back within an hour."

*****

"Why do I need to be careful with Greg's boyfriend?" Papa Olaf questioned when his grandson warned him before his arrival at the cabin.

"Let's just say that you will recognize the haunted look on Gil's face when you see him," Sam warned his grandfather and brother.

"Did they hurt him like they hurt my little scientist?" Papa Olaf asked worried and he received his answer when his grandson didn't respond.

Simon had listened to the conversation and was curious to know who Greg's boyfriend was. He hoped it wouldn't be like the last one that had the whole family send into a tissy after his mother's jewelry went missing, especially after Greg's 'boyfriend' tried to shove the blame on Greg. That boy should have known not to mess with a family full of cops and detectives.

*****

Greg watched as three men left the car and walk towards the cabin. He noticed that his lover anxiously stood next to him and tried to hold his smile. His sweet wanted to discuss bugs with his brother and the man was standing next to him like a kid in a candy store. Greg watched his parents share his smile.

Sam was surprised to see Gil waiting for him with his collection. "They brought your collection too?"

"Yes, I thought maybe we could compare?" Gil asked softly, being intimidated by the large man behind Sam.

"Gil, I want you to meet my grandfather, Papa Olaf," Greg introduced as his grandfather stepped closer and his smile left when Gil started shivering.

Gil was back in the alley; his attacker towering over him, smiling at him, touching him. He whimpered as he stumbled back, dropping his items as he tried to move away from his attacker.

"Shit!" Greg cursed. He never saw this coming as he held Gil in his arms while he rode out his flashback.

Papa Olaf was shocked at how the man reacted to him and stepped back, allowing his youngest grandson to handle the older man. The haunted look in the pale blue eyes shocked him to the core, they were so traumatised, Olaf was surprised that Gil almost jumped in Greg's arms, while Sam retrieved his collection of butterflies.

"Do I look like the attacker?" Papa Olaf asked worriedly.

"No, but I think it's the way you towered over him that send him back in time," Greg responded, reassuring his grandfather. It looked like Gil was back as his lover rubbed his eyes.

"Gil, do you still want to discuss butterflies or do you want to take a nap?" Marck suggested in a soft soothing tone. He was pleased to see it worked.

Gil watched his new family gather around him, worried, and he immediately felt safe again. He stared at the large man before clearing his throat. "Nice to meet you," he finally managed to say.

Papa Olaf laughed loud, gaining several smiles at the polite greeting like Gil hadn't been in a flashback before. "I'm ready to go over the butterflies. I have several species that are rare."

The moment the subject was on, Gil and Sam were examining their collections loudly while the rest of the family watched. The two men never heard the cell phone ring or saw the worried faces of Marck and Greg as they listened to the conversation their father had with Greg's colleagues.

Gil stopped talking and searched for Greg. He worriedly watched the young scientist listen in on a conversation his father had. Now he and Sam were staring at the two blond men. "What's wrong?" Gil asked when the conversation was ended.

"That was the doctor who examined your rape kit, I had sent in. You're fine. You don't have any STD's and you're not pregnant," Greg whispered.

"Pregnant?" Lill asked curiously.

Gil was startled and hadn't realized that they weren't alone when Greg told him the news. He had been so fixated on the results that he had blocked out the rest of the family.

"Only tell them when you're ready," Greg said softly.

"They need to know. They are family," Gil replied, while he stared at the floor missing all the proud looks on the family's faces.

"Okay, let's go to the living room and get comfortable," Greg said and stood up taking his lover with him.

When they were all seated in the living room, Greg and Gil snuggled on the love seat; Gil sitting between Greg's legs holding on to his hands as they rested on Gil's stomach.

"I was born a hermaphrodite with female organs," Gil told them his secret in one soft sentence.

"When you were attacked, there was a possibility that you might get pregnant?" Lill asked worriedly, even though they had the good news that it wasn't.

"Yes," Gil answered and twisted his body to be able to hide his face in his lover's neck.

"Does this mean, you have periods as well?" Lill softly continued her questions.

"Yes," Gil replied although it was slightly muffled though his hiding.

"Gil, would come with me please? We need to talk privately without these men around," Lill gently instructed and guided the man towards the Master bedroom.

Gil looked back at Greg, who was sitting shocked like the rest of the Sanders' family, watching Lill drag the older man into the master bedroom.

******

Gil left the bedroom blushing brightly and with several items in his hands he stepped into Greg's embrace. "Could we go the bedroom?"

"Sure," Greg answered worriedly. He had been hovering near his parents' bedroom ever since his mother took Gil with her.

Entering their bedroom, Gil closed and locked the door before turning towards Greg. After hearing the explanation of the embarrassing conversation, it came to Greg's conclusion, that when they decided to go further into their relationship, he really had to be careful.

Greg leaned forward and captured the soft lips. He moaned loudly when Gil responded enthusiastically. Hands began wandering over their bodies, touching small patches of skin they could reach before the kiss deepened.

Their kiss was interrupted by a loud cough. Neither man had heard the knocking or the door opening and had been focused completely on the other.

"Sorry to interrupt," Lars said, chuckling at the red faces. "But Dad received more information from your friend Ms. Willows."

"Yeah, thanks Lars," Greg mumbled irritated. "We continue this tonight, Sweet."

"Okay," Gil answered eagerly and scared at the same time and stood up with Greg before making their way downstairs.

"Let me guess, you interrupted a make-out session," Papa Olaf deadpanned.

"Yes, I did," Lars replied, causing Greg and Gil to blush even brighter.

"Papa Olaf!" Greg whined before sitting down on the love seat, pulling Gil between his legs.

"This morning a friend of mine went back to Las Vegas to collect someone, who we think would be safer here, than there. They should be arriving soon," Marck explained before standing up when he heard his friend's car coming in the small parking lot.

He watched from the window, how the elderly lady stepped out of the car when she was guided towards the cabin. Marck opened the door and let her in. He was surprised when she signed a greeting. He signed back before guiding her towards the living room, where Gil had stood up in surprise to see his mother.

"Mom?" he questioned out loud as well as signed. "Why is my mother here?" Gil asked Marck as he hugged her and made her sit on the couch.

"We have reason to believe that if your attacker won't find you, he'll go after your family. From your files, we have extracted the names of your families living nearby Las Vegas and so far that's only your mother. Therefore we collected her and she will stay here as well as long as it will take," Marck said as well as signed.

Mrs. Grissom signed worriedly.

Gil groaned at hearing his mother's nickname for him again. He liked Greg's nickname better. "Gil, you need to tell her. She has to know," Lill said, hoping to encourage the man into telling his mother. The woman couldn't stay in the cabin while not knowing what happened to her son.

Gil nodded and sat next to her, while the others left the living room, giving mother and son the space they need. Greg however, stayed close, so Mrs. Grissom knew that her son would be all right.