RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~
Small Temple
Somewhere in ancient Greece
~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

Ares was incredibly bored. He was listening to petitions in a little village that was almost too small to honestly even support a full temple. They probably should have had a shrine or something. In fact Ares himself had only been here once before when it was dedicated to him. And the only reason he had come today, if he were honest, was because Joxer would be passing through this town and he never missed a temple or shrine. Xena thought he had a horrid sense of direction when in truth he got 'lost' every time he was near a temple, for which Ares was extremely grateful. It was always nice to see the man he loved without the I-hate-gods-especially-Ares group he traveled with. Now if he could just figure out how to convince Joxer to love him instead of the blonde mouth.

Ares was startled out of his introspection when a sudden burst of light ended with someone landing on top of him, followed by the thumps of several other people landing on the marble floor of the temple. The man in his lap scrambled up and began to apologize for landing on him. Chaos reigned in the temple as priests, worshipers, and the strangers all began yelling to be heard over the others.

"Silence!" Ares bellowed. Everyone stilled and stared at the God. Ares ordered his high priestess to clear the temple of all save the strangers.

"Who are you?" Ares asked looking at the boy who had landed in his lap. There was something strange about the boy, something familiar.

"*Me*?" Xander asked, swallowing hard and staring at the very tall dangerous looking man in front of him. At the nod he received he began to babble "I'm Xander.Sorry I landed on you, I mean, it wasn't really my fault. Its not like I could control where I landed what with the spell and all but all the same I am sorry. I hope you weren't hurt. No? Well that's good, um, you wouldn't happen to know any magic would you? Or maybe where we could find some spells or anything really, that might help us go home cause I really can't miss work. I really love my job, and this wasn't exactly a planned trip and -" (I know its Xander Babble. But as long as you mention that he didn't stop to breath I think it will be ok to use correct punctuation)

"Xander! Breathe!" Giles barked at the boy noticing the rather amused look the stranger was wearing as he listened to Xander's un-ending speech.

"I'm Rupert Giles. This is Buffy Summers and her sister Dawn. You've met Xander Harris and there was another, but he doesn't seem to have landed with us." Giles introduced everyone.

"So does someone want to explain how *my* key ended up human and what it, excuse me, she's doing with a slayer, a chaos mage, and a godling?" He had finally figured out why the boy had seemed familiar but he couldn't for the life of him understand why anyone would have bound his god spark. " How did you get here anyway?" Ares inquired.

"*Your* key?" Buffy asked.

"Godling?" Dawn questioned.

"Chaos mage!" Xander squeaked looking around for Ethan.

"Oh dear," Giles murmured as he polished his glasses.

Taking a deep breath Giles told the man in the throne about Willow and the spell she cast. He was assisted in his story by the various members of the Scoobies whenever they felt he'd left out some important detail.

"Well I suppose I'll have to take you to Olympus. In the future witches maybe able to create time portals but in the here and now it takes at least six gods to create a stable portal." Ares said with a sigh.

"Olympus?" Giles asked in awe.

"Which god are you?" Xander asked with a grin.

"God of War," was the reply.

"But not all evil ending the world god of War? Right?" Buffy asked as she sent him a pleading looking. She didn't think she could survive another battle with a god. She was just so tired. She had barely survived Glory. And if it hadn't been for Spike catching her in the last moments before she hit the ground she would have died.

With an amused snort Ares answered her. "Right no ending of the world."

"Excuse me what did you mean *your* key?" Dawn asked she really didn't want to be taken from her sister.

"I created the key to open and close dimensional doors. Basically, you are what I used to lock Dahok from our dimension."

"Then why did Glory say the key belonged to her?" Buffy question still unsure of what was going on.

"I don't know this Glory you're speaking of," Ares answered.

As Ares finished speaking there was a commotion in the outer temple and the heavy doors to the audience chamber began to open.

"I'll be real quiet I just want to leave my offering. I'm sure Ares wouldn't mind," Joxer told the priest plucking at his sleeve.

"Let him in," Ares said to his priest as the man he had come here to see in the first place tried pulling away from the man holding onto him. In true Joxer fashion, ended up face down on the temple floor when the priest obeyed his lord.

With a soft chuckle Ares stepped forward to help Joxer to his feet.

"Ares!" Joxer said happily

"Daddy?" Xander whispered.

Everyone turned to look at Xander.

"Xander?" Giles questioned.

"I was 4 when I was adopted. My dad had to leave me. I don't remember why. Just that he was crying, he told me he loved me and promised that I'd see him again. Somehow this isn't what I thought he meant." Xander replied not taking his eyes off of Joxer.

"Xander be reasonable we're at least 2000 years in the past. That man can't possibly be your father," Giles told him.

"Actually," Ares said "Xander is a godling. Although his god spark is bound…"

"Bound?" Xander interrupted.

"Asleep," Ares supplied before continuing. "As I was saying Xander is a godling which means that if Joxer *is* his father, at some point in the future Joxer will most likely take a god or goddess as a lover and they will produce Xander."

"You keep saying Xander is a godling. That Joxer who is, I assume, not a god will take a godly lover and produce Xander. But Zeus was Hercules father and Hercules was a Demigod not a god," Giles said.

"If Zeus had given birth to Hercules he would have been a god. Any Child fathered by a god or goddess and carried by a mortal would be a Demigod and any child carried by a god or goddess would be a god or goddess themselves."

"Umm. You keep including both sexes in your statements. How can god's carry children and a goddess father them?" Buffy asked.

"Oh I know!" Joxer said enthusiastically. "gods and goddess are neither male nor female actually, they are, umm. Well I am not sure what they are but they take whatever corporal form they please. That's how Zeus could be that bull that time and can we just say that was gross even just hearing about it," Joxer trailed off as he saw that everyone, except Ares, was staring at him in shock.

"The Xander babble! Buffy said in a rush "Giles, he has the Xander babble," she said again swinging around to face her watcher.

"Yes it would appear that he does," Giles replied.

"Well Hercules is on his way to the temple shall we move this conversation to Olympus? I'd really rather not hear what evil plan I've come up with this week and how it involves all you innocents." Ares said rolling his eyes. "Coming with Joxer?"

"Yes! I mean, sure. Ok. If you think I can help," Joxer answered.

Ares smiled and the room filled with a deep maroon light as he transported everyone to Olympus.