RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ Somewhere in Tartarus The Underworld ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Wes?" Angel called into the inky blackness that they seemed to have landed in.

"Here, Angel" Wes answered.

"Well it's not often that my children come for a visit before they die…" Bacchus said as he watched a group of people trying to see through the darkness of Tartarus. With a snap of his fingers, several torches lit throughout the room revealing the dark god on his thrown.

Angel stared at the man for a couple of seconds before looking around for his childe. "Spike?"

"Yeah, mate" came a very quiet and sad sounding response.

"What's wrong?" Angel walked towards Spike.

"You do know that, that is the god Bacchus… right? And that he's been dead and in Tartarus for thousands of years. Which makes us officially dead and I am still a ghost down here and you all still have some kind of corporeal form?" Spike attempted to lean against his sire and of course slid right through him. And of course despite everyone knowing that he was a ghost Angel tried to catch him.

With a deep roaring laugh Bacchus decided to put their minds at ease. "No one's dead. Not even the ghost is truly dead."

"What do you mean I am not truly dead? I died… sunlight and all… but ok let's forget all about the whole vampire thing… there's the whole Hellmouth collapsing on me thing." Spike responded as sarcastically as he dared to his god.

"Vampires are not truly dead. If you were then you would all be here. The only god with dominion over the dead is Hades. Therefore, I couldn't truly create a dead creature. If I did it would be Hades to command, not mine. I'm assuming that things have changed wherever you come from. However, in the godling's case, his god spark combined with my amulet and the fact that someone loves him enough to call his soul and demon back out of the amulet means that he is still technically alive."

"I was there when he came out of the amulet. No one called him out of the amulet. He just came out," Wesley said.

"Listen here, mortal. Who do you think created that amulet? I am telling you someone called him forth from the amulet! It wouldn't be some big spectacle. Some one who loved him unconditionally and wanted him in the physical world touched that amulet and felt pain at his loss." The god growled at Wesley before mumbling to himself "Stupid know-it-all humans. Think they know more then the gods. Just like Herc the Jerk running around and ruining things with out asking why we're doing them."

There was a loud boom and a swirling black smoke in the center of the room.

"Hades" Bacchus nodded his head in greeting.

"There are living people down here. I came to see what was going on!" Hades informed his cousin.

Bacchus looked at his children and the other people with them and asked what they were doing there.

"Not a clue," Spike said cheerfully. Bacchus explanation of his ghost like form made his day. He new that Angel was the one who had been holding the amulet before he came out of it. That meant that his sire loved him and he was a very happy childe.

Angel was staring at Spike. He was really surprised that Spike seemed so happy about the explanation of amulet and his form. He couldn't help giving an amused smile as Spike answered the gods.

"Well there will be nothing that Bacchus will be able to do for you. Since he is dead his powers do not extend beyond the underworld." Hades informed them rather coolly

"I'd like to know how to give Spike his body back if at all possible and since my Lord Bacchus is the one who created the amulet…" Angel trailed off letting everyone finish the sentence in their own mind, `There were still things that only Bacchus could do.' Angel wasn't sure why the slight Hades had made against his god had bothered him so much but he couldn't just let it go without some kind of response.

Bacchus once again gave a roaring laugh before grinning at Hades. "They are my children. Dead or not, I can still grant them gifts and powers. I can still free them or condemn them. I am still their god my dear cousin. They are still my creation and mine to control. I maybe trapped here in Tartarus but what I have already sowed is mine for eternity. You know that."

"You may have one day. Then I will return to send them to Olympus. From what I can tell not only do they not know how they got here, they have no clue how to get back and they are not from our time." Hades growled before disappearing in a cloud of black smoke.