RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Cordelia was smiling at the sight of two vampires running for the bathroom, she had seen the process in her vision.

Lorne had been worried about Spike. He knew that, on some occasions, the younger vampire was very insecure. He watched Fred walking back and smiled. She would take good care of her lovers.

The vampires returned and saw the group watching them carefully. Spike sat on the couch and looked anywhere but at them. Fred walked to him, sat next to him and took one of his hands between hers. He looked at her and gave her a tiny smile. Fred let go of his hand and placed her hands on his face. She kissed him softly, trying to reassure him she would do her best to take care of him and Angel as well she could no matter what.

The kiss ended when Angel started growling out of jealousy no amused with being ignored. Fred pushed Spike down so he was lying with his head on her lap.

³So, now what? We have to wait for the next tests?² Angel asked Lorne and Cordelia.

³No, you have to continue your life like you always have, the tests will show up soon enough. If you are worried about a test you can always visit Doctor Sarah Hunter. The PTB let her work here in order to check you guys every time you pass a test or perhaps during a test. She even checked the rest of the personnel,² Cordelia explained.

³Okay, guys. We¹ve got a job to do. There¹s a werewolf on the loose with several attacks on humans,² Gunn said, turning off his cellphone.

³Spike and I will go on the hunt at sunset,² Angel said. ³But first we are going to clean up and get some sleep,² he added. He glared at his laughing co-workers as he stood.

The two tired men walked into their apartment above the office. They undressed themselves slowly and Spike immediately fell into bed, fast asleep. Angel, however, went to the bathroom first to relieve himself, afraid that, if he didn¹t he would pee his the bed. When he stepped out, he was pushed aside by Spike who ran to the toilet, just making it in the nick of time. Angel lay on the bed and waited for his lover to join him. Soon, Spike returned, curled into the fetal position, and fell back asleep.

Fred walked to their rooms and watched her lovers sleeping. Spike was curled up in a ball; he still had nightmares of his actions before he received the soul as well as what the initiative had done to him. Angel was curled around the younger vampire. She smiled proudly thinking they were hers. They had gotten together on Valentine¹s Day, when she had finally had the guts to tell them what she thought of them. She had been surprised when both of them had given her roses and candy and the three words she hoped to hear. The others had found out when they had walked in on them in a compromising position on Angel¹s desk. Fred was relieved that the guys accepted her relationship with Spike and Angel quiet easily. Cordelia who had the hots for Angel, had been the only one to have trouble with their relationship. Fred had worked hard to let Cordelia accept it too. Fred had been happy when Cordelia had told her that she now had her eyes on Wesley.

She undressed herself and went to lie against Spike¹s back, just being there for both of them . She had seen the men¹s reflection in the mirror when she walked out of the bathroom. She wanted to be there for them when the tests came.

Angel woke up, and noticed Fred holding Spike. They were both worried about their lover. During the last few weeks he had been insecure and emotional. All of this was caused by his nightmares, which seemed very real to Spike. Any time he caught sight of someone who reminded him of one of the soldiers he would begin to shake, cry and finally, collapse with Angel having to carry him home. Angel and Fred made sure Spike was never alone in case it happened again.

Spike felt a warm body holding him and someone watching him.

³Brooding again?² Spike murmured, eyes opening to look at Angel.

³No...Just thinking,² Angel answered.

They both stood up, making sure not to wake Fred. They each leaned down to give her kiss, got dressed and left. Since it was after sunset, they were going to hunt the werewolf.

Angel and Spike ran out of the office and took the Viper to the park where the last attack had taken place. When they arrived they heard screaming and growling.

They ran towards the noises and saw a werewolf chasing some teenagers. They split up. Angel got the teenagers to safety while Spike went after the creature. When Angel returned he spotted his lover on the ground bleeding from a large slash on his chest.

Spike had ran after the wolf only to be caught off guard when it turned and attacked him, too surprised to defend himself. He went down fast. Spike opened his eyes when he didn¹t feel the werewolf attacking him further. He watched as the wolf stood above him, just staring.

Angel was furious. He attacked the wolf, killing it instantly. The creature didn¹t know what happened until it was too late.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Fred woke up alone, knowing that her men were hunting for the wolf. She showered, dressed and went to the office. She spotted Gunn running to the doctor¹s office, yelling to her that Spike was hurt. She ran after him.

Angel saw Fred waiting for them and smiled a ther to show that he was thankful for her support. He laid their lover across the bed, waiting for the doctor and the miracles he hoped she could work. Angel frowned at the sounds of pain emitting from Spike¹s mouth, usually a wound like this one would heal at least enough for the vampire to be coherent. He gently gathered Fred, who was as scared for Spike¹s safety as he was, into his arms. After a moment she broke free and went to hold Spike, kissing him lightly across his face.

The doctor came when she received an emergency call from Gunn. She saw Spike lying on the bed in her office. She grabbed her things and started to examine the wound. The slash was large and had left enough damage to end up in a nasty scar. She cleaned it and stitched the wound.

³He needs to stay in bed while this heals and you need to clean the wound every three or so hours that it won¹t get infected. If it does, give me a call,² she explained to Angel.

Angel nodded and walked towards Spike. He picked him up gently, ending the kiss, and walked to their apartment. Fred followed with the medication.

Inside their apartment Angel had Spike laid out on their bed and began undressing him. Fred saw that Spike had fallen unconscious from the pain.

Angel noticed that Fred didn¹t seem to know what to do. He walked towards her and undressed her. She stood naked in front of him as he undressed himself. Together they joined Spike in the bed and fell asleep wrapped around their injured lover.

In the middle of the night Spike became feverish. He kept kicking and hitting Fred and Angel, trying to fight off demons. Fred was the first to wake up and tried to calm her lover down. She straddled his legs, leaning forward carefully so as not to disturb the wound and placed her hands on his face. ³Spike, you¹re safe,² Fred said, repeating the words until Spike woke up.

Spike had been fighting several demons, he couldn¹t stop, and he couldn¹t kill them. Then, suddenly, he heard a soft voice telling him to wake up. He walked towards the voice and opened his eyes. He looked at Fred, seeing her crying. He wanted to embrace her but his arms hurt when he tried to move them.

³What happened?² he asked, his eyes searching for Angel.

³You got hurt. Remember the werewolf? He slashed you good,² Angel explained.

³I¹m bloody cold,² Spike whispered. He remembered the werewolf¹s claw slashing his chest. It had hurt a lot more than it was supposed to, and then he had passed out.

Fred noticed that Spike was sweating. She placed her hand on his forehead and his skin felt warm. ³I have to get something, I will be right back.² she said, kissing Spike before leaving the bed.

She searched in her drawer for the thing. She cried out in triumph when she found the old fashion thermometer. She walked back to the bed and told Angel to carefully place Spike on his side. Angel did so and lay down in front of Spike as Fred sat behind him.

³What are you doing?² Spike asked Fred when he felt her parting his ass cheeks.

Fred parted Spike¹s ass and gently pushed the thermometer inside of his asshole. ³I¹m measuring your temperature, sweetheart.² Fred answered.

³I don¹t have a sodding temperature,² Spike said with a cough.

³Yes, you do,² Fred replied while rubbing his back in hopes that it would sooth away his cough.

After the regular time had passed, she pulled the thermometer out and her eyes went wide when she saw just how high Spike¹s temperature was. She saw Angel looking at her and she showed him the temperature. Spike grabbed it from her hand and looked at it himself.

³I have a temperature?² he whispered.

³Yes, ² Fred stated.

But little did they know. The entire night Spike dreamed, kicked, screamed and hit Angel and Fred. They cleaned the wound many times, and finally they called the doctor. Sarah visited them and with one look at Spike she knew this was also a test - only the lovers seemed not to have realized this.

Sarah checked the wound, and was disappointed to see that it hadn¹t healed. With his tossing, Spike had managed to pull out some of the stitches. She grabbed her bag and began to stitch the places when it had broken. Fred and Angel managed to hold their lover still while Sarah worked.

Restrained, Spike began to whimper and then keen. He felt kisses peppering his eyelids, nose, cheeks and mouth and tried to move so that he could return the kisses.

Fred smiled when she felt Spike trying to kiss her back. The doctor had left them with instructions to bath him every three hours with an antiseptic medicine. So Angel was now preparing the bath while Fred stayed with Spike.

³I love youŠ..Fred,² Spike whispered.

³I love you too, sweetheart,² Fred whispered in his ear.

Angel walked back to his lovers just in time to hear their words. He smiled and picked up Spike. Together they walked to the bathroom. Spike was laid gently into the tub, the milky warm water embracing him and the wound.

³It¹s tickling, Angel,² Spike giggled.

Fred and Angel looked at each other, and then back at Spike, who was giggling and playing with the water like a small child. She grabbed the rubber ducky she had bought on a dare. She gave it to Spike who grabbed it and started playing with it. After a while he had enough of the duck and began splashing the water.

Fred ran out of the bedroom and grabbed her camera. She hoped that since both of them had reflection that they would show up on film. So now she stood in the doorway, taking photos of Spike, who was acting like a three-year old child.

Angel noticed Spike crunching up his face and looking down. Angel followed his gaze and saw the water turning yellow.

³Angel, get him out of the bath, he is peeing in the water,² Fred said.

Angel quickly but gently lifted Spike out of the water. He saw that the boy was still peeing. Angel waited calmly, holding Spike over the water until he was finished. When Spike was done Fred cleaned him and Angel dried and dressed him into his pajamas.

³No, I can walk by myself,² Spike said, raising his voice when he noticed that Angel and Fred weren¹t letting him go once he was out of the bathtub. Finally they let him stand on his own feet, but stayed close just in case he fell.

Together they walked the sick vampire to the bed. Spike sat down and began begging for a story.

³Please Fred, Can I have a bedtime story?² Spike asked, looking innocently at Angel and Fred.

³Wow, he is acting like a child!² Cordelia said from the doorway. She was worried when she had heard Spike was ill, but that he was acting like a small child because of the fever.

³I am NOT a child!² Spike yelled at the dark haired lady. ³Who is she?² he whispered to Fred.

³She is a friend of ours,² Fred whispered back.

³Is he going to be okay?² Cordelia asked.

³Yes. He is going to be okay, it might take a while for the fever to break, but we¹re doing all we can,² Angel stated.

Spike was getting tired of the adult talk and closed his eyes. He was asleep in no time. Fred curled around him on his left side, while Angel took the right side.

Sarah visited the vampire the following morning to see Spike still asleep between his lovers. She checked the medication, left a note and walked out of the room.

Spike woke up when he felt a cool hand on his forehead. Fred was looking at him, seeing if he still acted like a child. But his eyes were clear, and when she checked the wound she saw it had finally healed.