RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Xander and Dawn sat in Sarah¹s office. After a good night sleep and a reading from Lorne, the empath demon had suggested the couple should visit Sarah, Spike and Angel¹s doctor. They were now waiting for the doctor to arrive.

³Good morning. My name is Sarah Hunter,² Sarah introduced herself to the young couple. She looked at Xander and saw he still had teary eyes. ³Lorne explained to me what happened yesterday, could you tell me what caused your hysteria?² she asked gently, not wanting to cause Xander to cry again.

Xander was afraid she was going to ask that. How could he tell about his father? He looked at Dawn and saw she was curious, but didn¹t ask because of his pain.

³My dad made sure I couldn¹t make children,² Xander finally whispered. Dawn had the right to know.

Dawn gasped, she hadn¹t expected to hear anything like this. Her boyfriend¹s broken voice made her want to hold him, but she refrained from doing so. She knew if she did, he wouldn¹t tell her and the doctor what had happened in his past.

³Willow knew something was wrong. She somehow found out that my dad was hurting me, but she was too scared of him of what he might do to her. We were only 10 years old then. By the time we went to high school, she was thinking of calling Social Services but I knew he would be able to make them believe everything was alright and beat me up after they left. So I decided to lie to her and told her my dad had stopped hurting me,² Xander continued.

³How old were you when he started hurting you?² Sarah softly asked.

³I was 8 years old when he started touching me. I didn¹t know any better, I was convinced that my dad loved me,² Xander cried. ³Guess I was wrong, he never loved me.²

Dawn took his hands into hers and squeezed them, giving comfort through her touch.

³When Willow, Buffy and I were 16, our assignment from school was to take care of an egg and pretend it was our child. My dad found out and made sure I would never give him grandchildren.²

³What did he do?² Sarah pressed.

³He beat me up, raped me several times and cut my balls with a sharp knife,² Xander told the doctor in a small voice. ³Willow found me unconscious in the basement the same night and she called an ambulance. The personnel in the hospital stitched me back up, but afterwards told me that I wouldn¹t be able to make children. They never questioned how this had happened. In Sunnydale, most people tried to survive by not asking too many questions,² Xander told his tale, tears rolling down his tanned face.

³What about your friends? Didn¹t they help you?² Sarah asked gently.

³They couldn¹t know, they all had other things on their minds than worry about me. I made Willow swear she would never tell them what had happened,² Xander whispered. ³Besides he stopped when I ended up in the hospital. Maybe he was afraid people found out about his abuse.²

Dawn couldn¹t stop her own tears and hugged her boyfriend.

³Dawn, what bout you?² Sarah asked the young woman.

³What do you know about the Key?² Dawn questioned.

³The Key is to open portals between this world and other worlds. It was made into a human. I know that you¹re that human, Dawn,² Sarah answered.

³Yes, that is correct. I¹ve also been told by Giles that all powerful mystical energy inside me that would kill our baby if I ever got pregnant,² Dawn whispered and hugged her boyfriend tightly.

³May I examine you both? Perhaps I can find a solution?² Sarah suggested.

The young couple nodded and Sarah took Xander with her to the examination room. 10 minutes, Xander came back and told Dawn it was her turn.

***15 minutes later***

Dawn and Xander were waiting in Sarah¹s office for the doctor to come back from the lab with their test results. Suddenly, they heard hushed noises coming from the hallway. Before they could identify who was whispering, the doctor entered the office.

³Dawn, Xander, the tests might take all afternoon to be processed. I suggest you take a walk or do something fun together today, okay?² Sarah explained.

Disappointed, they agreed and left the room. They had hoped the results would be there sooner. When they opened the door, they could see Angel and Spike walking away, talking to each other.

*****

Angel and Spike had been outside the doctor¹s office, eavesdropping on their conversation. They were curious about what had triggered Xander¹s panic attack. Both vampires gasped at Xander¹s description of his father¹s abuse. Furious at themselves for never having suspected a thing and amazed at Xander¹s capacity to deal with such torture for so long, Spike and Angel forgot to keep their voices low while calling Xander¹s father every nasty name they knew in English, Gaelic and several demonic languages.

Having calmed down again, the vampires continued their eavesdroping until it was clear that Xander and Dawn were about to leave the doctor¹s office. They quickly left their listening spot and walked away, determined to help Xander.

³We need to involve Xander and Dawn with our pregnancies,² Spike whispered. ³And maybe Fred will let us kill Xander¹s dad!²

³Maybe we should convince them to stay when the others go back to Italy!² Angel replied.

The vampires walked away, not noticing that Dawn and Xander were standing in the hallway. Listening to the end of their conversation made it perfectly clear that the vampires were the ones gasping and whispering outside the office.

³They aren¹t very good at eavesdropping, are they?² Dawn asked. ³You would expect that, being vampires, they would be more stealthy.²

³Maybe that has to do with the pregnancies or their human hormones,² Xander said smiling. The conversation with the doctor had helped to ease his pain. And now that Dawn knew about his past, perhaps his life would perhaps go a bit easier.

³Let¹s take that walk and come back at 4 p.m. like Sarah suggested,² Dawn stated while taking Xander by the arm and guiding him outside.

*****

³Hello Dawn, Xander,² Sarah greeted the couple when they came back.

³I have some good news and perhaps some bad news. But the bad news can be turned into good news,² Sarah started vaguely.

³I will start with the good news. You still can have children,² Sarah started.

³What? How? I mean, the doctors at the Sunnydale hospital said it would be impossible. They said I couldn¹t make children!² Xander called out upset.

³Mr. Harris, calm down,² Sarah advised. ³The other news is that Dawn¹s body can¹t carry the baby, because of the energy in her body. You, on the other hand, are strong enough to carry the baby for nine months.²

Xander gaped like a fish and Dawn was squealing. ³Xander, we can have children!² she said, jumping up and down.

Xander was shocked. Stunned. Dumbfounded. But then he looked at how happy Dawn was. She usually didn¹t show her pain at not being able to have children, but he knew her better than that. And he would do anything for them to have a little boy or girl running around, even if it meant carrying the baby for nine months himself.

³Are you sure? ButŠhow does that work? How does the baby grow, feed and those things?² Xander asked curious, having already decided that he would carry the baby.

³I will give Dawn the spell and potion to make you pregnant, just like I did with Fred,² Sarah started. ³But I have to tell you, I didn¹t know Fred would make two vampires pregnant.²

³Dawn and I have to go now,² Xander suddenly announced.

³Let me explain to Dawn what she will have to do. Xander, why don¹t you wait in the hall for Dawn,² Sarah told Xander and gently pushed him out of the room.

Xander watched in surprise as the door was abruptly closed in front of him. He didn¹t even notice that Angel and Spike were next to the office door, eavesdropping again.

³Are you okay, Xander?² Angel asked curiously.

Xander finally took notice of his friends. ³Yeah, I¹m fine, Angel. I¹m just feeling a bit confused and overwhelmed.²

³You look okay! Do you feel okay?² Spike asked cautiously.

³I feel great!² Xander suddenly squealed and took Spike in his arms and spun him around.

³Aaaahhhh!² Spike cried out when he was suddenly spinning. ³Put me down! I¹m getting nauseous.²

³Sorry,² Xander apologized sheepishly.

³Xander, lets go. Now!² Dawn ordered. She had just left the office and didn¹t understand why her boyfriend was acting like a fool instead of preparing himself for a night full of passion. The doctor had explained how the spell and the lotion had to be used and the consequences. She had blushed bright red when Sarah told her that she would be the one to penetrate Xander.

Xander found himself being dragged away to their room by a very determined girlfriend. ³Bye, guys. Bye babies,² Xander waved the vampires goodbye. Before entering the lift, Xander turned around to face Angel and Spike, grinning. ³Oh, by the way, I¹ve got an advice for the both of you. Next time don¹t make such a noise when you¹re eavesdropping. You¹re giving silent vampire skills a bad reputation.² Xander laughed. Both vampires had the decency to look ashamed.