RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Spike mumbled before helping the doctor again.

"I know. Let's see...the water is the right temperature. Spike, could you change the sheets on the bed, so that after Angel gives birth, he can rest in a clean bed," Sarah instructed the nervous vampire.

"Fred, do you remember what I told you?" Sarah reminded the young woman of her lessons.

"Yes, I remember everything," Fred answered while supporting Angel, who kept on breathing through his nose. "The contractions are three minutes apart."

Sarah had already used the spell to lessen the pain, but Angel believed one hundred percent that the spell didn't work. The pain was horrible. He was finally allowed to half lie and half sit in the tub with his legs spread. The water was a relief for his back. He suddenly groaned loudly when he felt like he should push.

"Sarah, is he ready?" Fred nervously asked as she waited for instructions.

Sarah sensed the nervousness and sat behind Fred. Spike who was sitting in his boxers next to Angel was watching the ordeal with frightened eyes. He was going to have to do this too and it looked really, really painful.

Angel kept breathing until he couldn't stop his pushing and told the women that.

"Okay, Angel push!" Sarah ordered as she instructed Fred what to do.

Angel pressed his legs as close to his body as his belly would allow and kept on pushing until he needed to breathe.

"Stop!" Sarah ordered. She noticed that Angel wasn't using his back properly and quickly ordered Spike to get Lorne.

After Lorne entered the room, he understood the problem and undressed himself until he wore nothing but his shirt and his boxers. He knelt behind Angel, supporting his back.

Angel continued pushing when Lorne took his position and he screamed when he felt something push against the outer rim of his anus.

Spike, who was still holding Angel's hand, focused on the baby's heartbeat even though he was distracted by several other heartbeats.

Fred saw the baby's head begin to show and together with Sarah she kept encouraging Angel to keep pushing until he collapsed exhausted against Lorne's chest. The baby's head was almost there. She made sure the child stayed under water.

"I need one more push, Angel," Fred instructed firmly, while inside she was shaking with fear that Angel wouldn't be able to pull this off.

Angel nodded and pushed once more, screaming loudly when he felt the head protruding from his ass. He balanced by placing his hands on Lorne's upper legs. Spike and Sarah pushed his legs back.

While he lay back against Lorne, he felt Fred touching the baby's head and his legs. He waited and he felt another contraction starting before pushing again. He howled as he felt the shoulders leaving his body and felt empty when his child left his body completely.

Spike kept looking into the water, focusing on the baby's birth.

"We have a son," Fred said tearfully when she witnessed the baby slipping from her lover's body. Fred kept the baby under water until Angel was able to place his hands on his child and slowly brought the face first into the air. They had a baby boy.

Lorne watched the family moment with a smile. The human Angel was holding his boy against his chest and was surprised to see the baby latch onto Angel's nipple.

Sarah took Fred's place and after they cut the umbilical cord. She helped Angel with the last few contractions as the placenta was expelled and helped clean him up. She instructed Lorne to pick up Angel and let Fred dry him while Spike held their son.

"Angel, what's his name?" Lorne asked curiously. The threesome had always been secretive about the name.

"Ace," Angel answered softly, not wanting to disturb the little boy.

*****

The entire AI family stood in their bedroom looking at the small miracle lying in Angel's arms. The girls were ooh-ing and aww-ing continuously.

"It's time for Angel and Ace to rest. You can visit tomorrow or the day.

After Fred ushered everyone out, including the doctor, she laid down next to the father of their first child.

Angel watched his son suckle from his breast while Spike and Fred snuggled against his side watching their first-born child.

Suddenly Spike sat up and listened carefully to all heartbeats. Six heartbeats. Six? "Angel? I'm hearing six heartbeats."

"What?" Angel replied; he knew one of them would have to be from Spike, but where did the other heartbeat coming from? He listened carefully and confirmed Spike's statement. "You're right, I hear it too."

"Huh? Where are the other heartbeats coming from then?" Spike questioned.

"From you!" Fred answered softly, watching how recognition dawned on Spike's face. She reached out and touched his face and felt the warmth. She placed her hand on his neck and she clearly felt the heartbeat.

"I'm human too?" Spike whispered as he placed his own hand on the spot where Fred's hand had been. "That explains one of the heartbeats. Now where's the sixth heartbeat coming from?" Angel asked again, still puzzled.

"Oh god, what if I'm having twins?" Spike whispered, not noticing Fred leaving their room and returning with Sarah after a few moments. He snapped out of his reverie when Sarah started examining him.

"You're only having one child, Spike," Sarah explained after concluding her examination. "I think Fred is having the other one."

"I'm having what?" Fred asked shocked. She placed her hands on her belly, finally noticing the slight bump. "I'm pregnant? For how long?"

"I will have to examine you before answering that," Sarah said.

*****

"Fred, did it ever occur to you that you might get pregnant now that your partners are human? Their semen is fertile now, didn't you use any contraceptive method?" Sarah said the moment they had entered the office after she examined the young woman.

"No," Fred answered, still a bit stunned after realizing that she was three months pregnant.

"Hello?" Sarah answered when the phone rang. "That was Angel, apparently Spike's water broke," she said.

"But it's just the beginning of the ninth month," Fred objected. Nevertheless, she ran from Sarah's office back to their apartment.

Sarah quickly followed with her bag. Seeing Fred and the doctor running towards the elevator alarmed the others who were returning to their rooms and soon the entire family was running back to Fred, Angel and Spike's apartment.