RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Chris lay looking up at the ceiling. All he could think about was the last time he saw Toby. His pod mate had walked in with a load of mail. He eyed Keller and walked straight towards him. They immediately grasped hands and kissed. Nothing had to be said. No apologies were needed. That's what he wanted. He wanted Toby and he would do anything to get back to him.

"Are you really sure we should do this?" Tim questioned.

"Tim, I'm telling you this will work," Leo assured him.

"How are we ever going to get Chris Keller to agree to this?"

"Easy, we're not going to tell him." Leo said simply.

"Isn't that against his rights or something? I mean, that's a law suit waiting to happen!"

"Tim, after he learns of the rewards of having this miracle child, he's going to be thanking us. We will bring Toby and Keller both in for a discussion. We will explain everything but after it's completed. "

"Then how are we going to... I mean how are we going to get his...?" McManus stumbled with words.

"Oh, we'll tell him it's for a check up."

"He'll be suspicious when the rest of the inmates don't have this so called "check up."

"Well, would you like to inform the rest of them that they too will have a check up?"

"Good point! Let him be suspicious!"

"All right, gentlemen, please get Chris Keller. I need to get him sedated.," Dr. Lorriten ordered.

"McManus, you go get Toby and I will send Gloria to get Keller."

"Why do I always get stuck with the dirty work?" He groaned. Tim walked back to retrieve Beecher.

"Tobias, I need for you to come with me. Gloria says that it's time for your check up."

Beecher didn't argue. He slowly followed McManus into the conservatory. "Gloria will tell you what to do," He quickly said and bolted.

Gloria walked over to Beecher.

"What the heck was that about?" Beecher said.

"McManus has been under a lot of stress lately."

"Oh, well what is it that you need.?"

"Well, we need to take your vitals and we also need to get a sperm sample."

"Um, why?"

"Well, Leo wants to keep a record of the inmates sperm." She blurted out not really knowing what to say. Beecher raised a brow and sighed.

"Whatever you want, Gloria." Beecher laughed.

Fifteen minutes later Beecher came out.

"Here you go."

"Thanks, I think?" Gloria laughed.

"Hey, Gloria, have you seen Chris?"

"Yes, Beecher, he's doing okay."

"Well, I mean, do you think he misses me?"

"I know he misses you."

Beecher smiled and went back to Em City.

Gloria sighed and walked over to Doctor Lorriten and handed him the specimen.

"How am I going to get Keller to agree with this, Leo?! He wont even go to the dentist!" Gloria panicked.

"Tell him that I'm having implanted trackers put in all the inmates."

Gloria nodded and went to get Keller.

"To what do I owe this honor?" Chris asked, looking up from the bed.

"Chris, Leo has ordered that all inmates have tracking devices implanted."

"Why?" Keller looked suspicious.

"Oz has had too many prisoners escape and he wants to put an end to it."

"Okay, well what do I have to do?"

"Well, you will be sedated. They are going to implant the device in your stomach."

"Why my stomach?"

"Because you cannot remove it there."

"Wonderful!?" Keller sarcastically responded.

"All right, let's get going. The sooner we get in there the sooner this will all be finished."

Keller and Gloria walked into the small operating room. Gloria injected the sedative into one of Keller's veins and he was soon asleep.

"Gloria, you are part of the most ground breaking events in history! When Keller becomes a mommy, you will be swimming in cash!" Dr. Lorriten exclaimed with joy.

"No, I never signed up to do this for the money. I did this because I happen to care about Keller and Beecher and I have a feeling I will be the only one he trusts in the medical center," Gloria stated firmly.

"Well, nevertheless, you are participating in what will make medical history," Dr. Lorriten stated.

"I have injected a large dose of female hormones into Chris. This is so that his body will be receptive to the pregnancy." Dr. Lorriten informed Gloria.

"Wont Chris have a lot of side effects from that?" Gloria asked.

"Well, of course he will have side effects. He's going to be pregnant! I think that's a pretty big side effect. We will just explain to him what he might experience. It wont be anything terribly hard to handle."

"Now, please locate the peritoneum (the surrounding lining of the abdominal cavity,) Gloria. We are going to implant the embryo and placenta just under the peritoneum."

Two hours later, Dr. Lorriten finished with a huge sigh.

"All right, now we need to wake Keller up and get him to urinate."

"Well, you don't waste any time,) do you, doctor!"

"Not with something like this Gloria."

Minutes later Chris awakened.

"Well, hello!" Gloria smiled.

"Hey, Gloria, is it over?"

"Well, not quite." Gloria handed him the small container.

Chris laughed and, seconds later, handed the cup back to Gloria. She just shook her head and left.

"Here, the rest is up to you." Gloria shoved the cup at Dr. Lorriten

Dr. Lorriten quickly performed the lab tests and came back chuckling.

"Well, would you like to go inform Keller of the good news?" Dr. Lorriten sheepishly asked.