RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Things that don't need explainning

Two weeks had passed and still Toby had not heard whether or not Keller would be put on death row or not. He had a bad feeling but kept hope alive. McManus, for some reason or another, kept close watch on Keller so there would be no chance encounters between Toby and Chris. Beecher felt lost without Chris. On the other side of the prison, Keller was sitting on his old bed, miserable without Toby.

"Glynn, I am so pleased you've taken an interest in our new experiment. I promise you will see a huge pay off if this baby takes off. All you will have to do is find an inmate that fits our criteria and the rest will happen on it's own, so to speak." Dr. Lorriten smiled to himself.

"So, your telling me that Em city will see a profit if we allow you to proceed with this experiment?"

"Signed, sealed and, well of course, soon to be delivered, Leo. All we need you to do is get us a candidate."

Warden Glynn looked over at McManus who was still reading the information to make sure he had read everything correctly.

"This is never going to work man! How are you going to make a guy pregnant? And have you forgotten this is a prison? These aren't your top of the line boy scouts here. We have murderers and drug lords and, god Leo, this is never going to work!" McManus threw the paper on the desk.

Leo smiled at McManus. "Tim, I have a feeling this is going to work."

Sister Peter Marie sat smiling as the boys continued to fight.

"If you will shut up for one-second, Tim!" Peter Marie spoke up.

"Sorry, go ahead, Sister.

"Tim, Leo is right, this will work. And I know just the person for the job."

"Who?"

"Oh, someone who is about to be taken from his soul mate. He's about 6'2 and very handsome. Did I mention he's in the process of being transferred to death row? I think we could make some sort of deal with this someone I'm refering to that if the experiment were to be a success he would be allowed to walk."

"Are you out of your mind,woman? You must be because I know you didn't just suggest that we allow Chris Keller to leave Oz freely!" Tim was standing at this point.

"Oh, of course not,Tim. We would also let Beecher leave as well. Toby would, of course, be the father of this child. We couldn't let the kid be without a father, could we?" Sister looked sheepishly at Leo.

"Pete, your good, maybe a little too good. I think those two have brainwashed you."

"Leo, do you want money for your prison?"

"Of course I do, Pete. You know just as much as I that Oz needs this money for funding."

"Then please allow Keller and Beecher to be the candidates. Let them free. I know this sounds crazy but I have faith in them."

"We can't just let these people go with a slap on the wrist, Sister. I mean these are inmates who have been put in prison for a reason," Tim tried to reason.

"Tim, you know they aren't just ordinary prisoners."

"All right, I've heard enough. Doctor, I have made my decision."

"Please Leo!" Sister Peter begged.

"Not another word!" He snapped at her.

"I have decided that Chris Keller will be your candidate.," Leo said looking at Sister Pete.

"Leo, I love you! You will not regret this, I promise! Just think of the money that you will be making off of this." Sister hugged Glynn.

"Yeah, well I will finally get those two off my hands once and for all. I'm sick and tired of their lovers' quarrels. Although I guess couples everywhere would be a lot better if we could just throw them in the hole when a fight began." Leo smiled