RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


"What do you mean a fucking pardon?" Schillinger was freaking out over the news brought back from Robson.

"I'm telling you; somehow Keller is getting a pardon!"

"Is that all you have to tell me? What proof do you have of this?"

"I have the word of the security guard, who was actually in the room when some sort of deal was being made."

"He didn't tell you what the deal was?"

"He wouldn't say! He said that it was information he couldn't leak."

"Oh, we'll find out what this whole thing's about, Robson. You're going to find out why those jerks are out of Oz."

"What's the point, Vern?"

"What's the point? What's the point? Robson, we are going to find out where the hell those fags are and kill both of them."

"And how are we going to do that?"

"Robson, I have connections throughout the country. I can have them killed!"

"I know you're still pissed about your boy, Vern. But, you did have Toby's son killed."

Schillinger looked at Robson in disbelief.

"You have got to be kidding me, right?" He asked with a wicked eye.

"Yes, of course I'm just pulling your leg, man! I can't wait to see those guys burn for the shit they've put you through!" Robson said trying to cover up his concern.

"Good, that's what I want to hear. Now get on it, Robson. I want everyone in search of information."

****************************************************************************** ****

Back at the institution things had not gotten any better. Toby stood pacing in front of Chris.

"Toby, stop it! You're making me dizzy!"

"Chris, it's been three weeks and I still haven't heard a single word from my parents. I'm starting to really miss Holly. I know this isn't good for her! She needs to be with me, Chris!"

Just then their door was knocked on, and Toby's answer had arrived.

"Hey, Toby, you got a letter." The guard threw the envelope at Toby. The staff hadn't had not been getting along very well with them since Chris and Toby had arrived and the tension was rising.

"God, I hate them!"

"Just ignore them," Toby told Keller.

"Who's the letter from?"

"My parents," Toby said sighing as he opened it.

Toby,

Honey, McManus explained the whole situation to us. Don't you think this is a bit absurd! Keller is a suspected killer. Your father and I are having a very difficult time understanding this whole thing.

We think that it is best for everyone if we stay away for awhile. It's not healthy for Holly to be around you while you're around Mr. Keller. She is young and should not be exposed to those things, Toby! If you promise to leave that man and go back to Oz, we will be more then happy to let you and Holly see each other.

We are the legal guardians of your children, Toby. We only want to do what's best for them. I hope that you understand this. We love you dearly and don't want to see you hurt.

Sincerely,

Mom

"I don't believe this!" Toby was almost shouting.

"What?"

"Read the letter, Chris!"

"They can't do this!"

"Gee, suspected killer. You're parents have sure warmed up to me."

"They are being stupid! They can't keep my children away from me! They can't do it!"

"Well, they said if you left they'd bring them back to you."

Toby looked at Chris and rolled his eyes.

"You know I wouldn't do that. I am just going to have to talk to them. Once we talk I'm sure I can get this whole thing cleared up."

"Hey, I need to make a phone call!" Toby said, yelling at the guard.

The guard entered the cell and grabbed Toby's arm.

"Hey get the fuck off him!" Keller was beginning to get angry.

"Back off Keller this isn't day care!"

Toby tugged his arm away from the guard and followed him to the phone.

Toby looked at the phone with great fear. He didn't have a clue as to what he would say once he got on the phone.

Slowly Toby dialed the number.

"Hello?"

It was Toby's father.

"Hi dad, it's me, it's Toby."

"Hi son, how are you doing?"

"Dad, you know how I'm doing. Why won't mom accept this? I love Chris and he's the only one I want to be with. God gave us a chance to be together. This is our chance dad. Isn't that obvious enough?"

"Your mother is just very upset right now. She doesn't understand your relationship with him."

"Can't you talk to her? Can't you make her understand?"

"She's trying to protect her grandchild."

"Doesn't she realize? Chris is carrying her grandchild! This baby is part of me which makes it part of you guys."

"Toby..."

It was his mother. Toby's heart began racing.

"Mom."

"I'll let you two have some privacy. I love you son."

"I love you too, dad."

"Toby, are you positive you know what you're doing?"

"Mom, I have never been so sure in my life. Mom, you can't keep Holly from seeing me."

"I know, baby. I'm sorry for getting you so upset. I thought I was doing the best thing at the time I wrote that. If you love Chris then I will try my best to respect your wishes. I just worry that he might try to kill you or something awful, Toby. I've heard so many horror stories about that man."

"Mom, forget everything you know about Chris. Please, just try and have a sit down conversation with him. I promise you, he's changed."

"What about the baby?"

"So far everything is going along fine. But I don't want him under a lot of stress. He feels very guilty about Holly. He wants you two to like him. He needs your acceptance."

"Sweetheart, I can't sit here and say I completely trust that man. I will promise that I will try and understand him. Your father and I will bring the children this weekend."

Toby let out a sigh of relief as he hung the phone up.

"Aw, are we the happy Brady Bunch family again?"

Toby ignored him and walked back to his room.

"Everything okay now?" Chris asked concerned.

Toby walked over and kissed Chris.

"Everything is perfect! They are bringing the kids this weekend."

"Good" Chris said and laid back on the bed.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," Chris said.

Chris wasn't completely fine. Things had been changing so quickly! His body felt completely different. He didn't have such a strong appetite for violence and sex. He was actually feeling quite sad about Toby's parents. Usually, he'd just blow it off but now he was truly hurt that Toby's parents had even considered keeping the children away from them. He was in the process of becoming a parent and that scared the crap out of him.

"Talk to me." Toby looked into Chris eyes pleading for him to talk.

"Alright, I'm just feeling, I don't know, okay, I'm feeling really emotional!"

"Chris, that's very normal! God, I know this is so hard for you. But you know you can talk to me! I've been through three pregnancies! Don't be embarrassed."

"This is all just so crazy. I have never been responsible for someone before. I have a person growing inside me. I thought I was poisoned. I felt deep in my heart that no one could ever love me and that I could never love them. Toby, I love you more then anyone in my entire life. You have saved me. I love you so much!"

Toby caressed Chris's face and kissed him passionately