RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Keller woke with a jerk. He quickly glanced over to make sure Toby was okay. Then quickly felt his stomach and sighed with relief.

"What's the matter?" Toby asked with concern.

"Nothing, I just had a bad dream. Everything's fine," Keller tried to assure Toby and himself.

Toby sighed and laid his head on Chris's shoulder. He gently stroked his lover's stomach. Chris settled as Toby seemed to calm him.

"Our child is in there, Chris." Toby kissed Chris passionately. He moved down to Chris's neck and planted many sensuous kisses.

"I dreamed that Schillinger cut the baby out of me and had you killed." Chris blurted out, bringing Toby's romantic moment to a halting stop.

"Chris, it was only a dream! We are in the middle of nowhere! Schillinger has no clue where we are! You know very few people know where we are Chris."

"Toby, he can still find us."

"What brought all of this about?"

"I just have a feeling."

"We are safe, Chris. They will keep us safe."

"They cut the baby out of me. Toby, you were dead! The baby was just lying on top of me! He was screaming! I had no idea what to do! I had no fucking clue what I was supposed to do!"

"Chris, calm down. That will not happen. I'm right here and I'm not going to leave you. You and this baby are going to be okay. Just stop thinking about that terrible stuff. Schillinger will not kill me and he isn't going to touch either one us."

Chris sighed and ran his fingers though Toby's hair. Toby relaxed into Chris's embrace.

"I hope you're right. I swear I will never let him touch you again, Toby. He'll have to kill me before he lays one hand on you. No one will ever touch you."

Toby kissed Chris on the forehead.

"Go back to sleep. We can talk about anything you want tomorrow. You need your sleep."

The next morning Toby's eyes slightly opened as he noticed the light shining though from the window. He realized that Chris wasn't in bed. He then heard him retching in the bathroom.

"Great!" he thought to himself. "The morning sickness is already starting. He's going to be a bitch to deal with."

"Chris, are you okay?"

"Yeah, just leave me alone right now," Chris snapped as he puked again.

Toby knew from experience that Chris really didn't want to be alone and quickly went in to be with his not so happy lover.

Toby placed a wet cloth on the back of Chris's neck.

"It's going to be okay! This is very common. It passes…"

"Spare me the details," Chris growled and puked again.

Toby kept quiet and continued wiping Chris with the wet cloth. Finally, Chris sighed and stood up.

"I think I'm okay now," Chris said, then brushed his teeth.

"Of course you are. Just eat some crackers and you'll be fine."

"Thanks Doctor!" Chris said sarcastically.

"Hey, you'll really be thanking me later."

Chris looked at himself in the mirror. He took his shirt off and studied himself closely.

"Can you tell?" Chris asked Toby.

"Tell what?"

"That I'm pregnant!"

"No, you're not that far along yet, Chris. It's going to take a few months before you'll notice anything."

"Well, it's only been a few weeks and I'm noticing things already."

"Of course you are. They injected you with hormones and not to mention the fact you're pregnant. I'm not at all surprised that you're already having effects."

Chris glanced again in the mirror and turned to get in the shower. Toby was sitting on the bed writing a letter to his parents.

Mom and Dad,

I guess you've probably learned by now that I have changed locations. McManus assured me that he would give you the directions to get here.

I would really like to see Holly and Harry soon. I've been thinking very hard about my children's future and I honestly see it including Chris. You both know how much I care about him and I really hope that you can accept this. Chris has done many things that he's not proud of but so have I. I know you don't approve of him, especially because of the fact that he's a man. But please accept the fact that I love him and he loves me.

We have something very important that we have to address the next time you come and I just want you to be ready for what you're going to hear. I promise it's something that will change our lives for the better. Just please have an open heart about Chris, or at least try to open you're heart to him. He's done more for me than you'll ever know.

I love you both and I can't wait to see you. Tell Holly and Harry that I love them both very much and I'll see them soon.

Love,

Toby

Toby read over the letter and quickly sealed it so Chris wouldn't read it and get upset. Toby tried to assure Chris that his parents liked him but they both knew it wasn't the case.

Toby had always been the upstanding citizen. He had the wife, the kids, the lawyer job, and the great big house. All of that changed because of that one night. But that was the past and this is now. Chris was Toby's now and his parents would just have to learn to like it.