RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +



Author's Chapter Notes:
A little crossover in this section with those defenders of love and justice the Sailor Scouts. I don’t care much for the girls so there will be a little bit of bashing here.



*~*~*~*~*


“No!”

“Now, Miss Tendo”.”

“Shut up you idiot!!”

“Miss Tendo, please calm down!”

“I said SHUT UP!!!”

The secretary whose desk was adjacent to the door where all the screaming was coming from sadly shook her head and reached for the phone. It was time to call the department head and, most likely, the ambulance too if one were to judge by the sounds of escalating violence and previous sessions.

“Miss Ten”no! That’s an--.”

SMASH!

“Authentic antique vase.”

“You’re just another pervert!!”

“What are you…put down that desk!!”

“Just like every boy!! PERVERTS!!!”

“AAAaahhhhh!!”

CCCRRAAASSSHHH!!!

The entire wall shook with the impact of something very heavy colliding with it. Seconds later a very shaky and disheveled man in torn clothes scrambled out of the room like all the hounds of hell were baying at his heels. Slamming the door shut he slapped the control which triggered a series of locks to engage. Not satisfied with that protective measure he took it step further by grabbing the nearest large piece of furniture, namely a nearby cabinet, and began desperately dragging it to the door in hopes of sealing the terror held inside.

“What on earth are you doing Atsu?”

Whirling around the man took a few steps towards his gray haired superior, one shaking hand pointed towards the barricaded door from behind which they could hear Akane Tendo ranting about the evil of all males while she went about destroying everything in sight.

“I AM NOT GOING BACK IN THERE WITHOUT A STEEL NET, A TRANQUILZER GUN, AND A FULLY CHARGED CATTLE PROD!!!” He screamed, almost hyperventilating in his fear.

Dr. Kurisaka sighed. Atsu had been the seventh therapist to try his hand with the Tendo girl. He was luckier than his ill fated predecessors; he’d managed to escape without any serious injuries. And seven was supposed to be such a lucky number too. Sadly his failure left her no other recourse but to turn to Clyde.

“Don’t worry Atsu; you don’t have to back in. I’m removing you from the case.”

Atsu breathed a huge sigh, relieved beyond measure. For a few scary moments there he seriously believed he was going to die at the hands of one of his patients.

“Are you going to take her on yourself Ma’am?” He asked when he finally got his nerves back in a semblance of order.

“No,” Dr. Kurisaka said as she flipped open her cell phone. “I’m handing her over to Clyde.”

Clyde.

The mere mention of that name sent a tremor of fear through everyone present. One secretary dropped the files she was carrying and scrambled back to her desk for her purse; she’d suddenly developed a case of the flu and needed to go home right away. Other therapists, who’d been drawn out of their offices by the commotion, disappeared back into the relative safety of their rooms with frightening speed. Locks clicked and lights were quickly extinguished. Atsu struggled to regain his both his breath and his fragile hold on his activated flight reflex.

“C-C-Clyde?? You’re really giving her…to Clyde??” He gulped nervously, eyeing the door where the violent girl could still be heard ranting.

“Clyde has never failed before, even with the most impossible seeming cases.”

“But…Clyde?”

Kurisaka just smiled as she dialed the special access code to Clyde’s phone. Clyde was her secret weapon, her absolute measure of last recourse. Only the most violent and unreachable patients ended up with Clyde.

“May Kami have mercy on her poor soul.” One secretary intoned in a solemn voice.

“May he have mercy on us all.” Atsu said before staggering away to find the staff gym; he needed a change of clothes and sweats would just have to do for now.

&&&

Akane was beyond the fuming stage and had entered the seriously pissed off phase. This whole anger management therapy stuff was an utter waste of time. She wasn’t violent; she had complete control over her emotions. If only all these idiots and perverts would leave her alone and not try her patience she’d be fine. Dr. Kurisaka seemed a nice enough woman when they’d first met but after being subjected to a string of detestable women and lecherous old men who were supposed to ‘help’ her she was starting to doubt the older woman’s competency.

So now she waited in this strange room which was virtually bare of any furniture and decorations for her new therapist. Dr. Kurisaka had told her that this was to be her last therapist and this made Akane extremely glad. Once she’d convinced this one of her obvious iron control over her temper she’d be free to leave this place and search for that stupid pervert. Thinking of Ranma made her mind drift back to all the horrible damage she was going to inflict on the bastard once she had him in her grasp. So wrapped in her sadistic daydreams Akane failed to notice the door opening.

“Greetings Miss Tendo, I’m your new therapist.” A woman’s voice called out.

Blinking, pulling herself back to reality, Akane turned to greet the woman…and had her jaw drop in astonishment.

Standing there, framed by the light coming from the hall, was a woman unlike any the youngest Tendo daughter had ever seen.

She was about seven feet tall give or take an inch, possessing a bosom which would’ve sent Happosai into a fit of perverted ecstasy, narrow waist, and hips sure to sway seductively when she walked. Her hair was strait, black, and hung down past buttocks and held back from her aristocratic face with a pair of silver dragon clips. What shocked Akane so badly was the new therapist’s attire. Black and red skin tight leather seemed to be her preferred clothing. A black spiked studded collar circled her slim neck, just matching her knee high stiletto heel leather boots. In her leather gloved hand she held a long wicked looking riding crop which she lazily tapped against the other palm. Her porcelain fine skin stood out in stark contrast to her dark clothes, blood red lips, and coal black eyeliner around her frigid blue eyes. At her hips, clipped to a looped belt, was a collection of whips, chains, handcuffs, and a tazer.

“Hello Akane,” she smiled, fangs glittering in the light as she walked closer. “My name’s Clyde. We’re going to be such good friends.”

And from outside Dr. Kurisaka could just be glimpsed as she closed and locked the door and left the poor girl to her fate.

&&&

Happy sounds filled the evening air at the new Ono compound. Tonight’s gala celebration was being held to welcome the newest member of the Ono clan. Finally, after many grueling hours of paperwork and days filled with talking to lawyers and government officials, Ranma was officially now Tofu’s son and the good doctor couldn’t be happier. The young man was everything one could possibly want in their child; he was brave, handsome, talented, intelligent, compassionate, honorable, and skilled in a large number of fields. Not to mention those ears and flexing tail added a touch of the exotic that had succeeded in driving every girl, not to mention quite a number of boys, within a three block radius into a mound of ecstatic goo if he even so much as smiled at them.

How Ranma turned out so well after being raised by such bilge scum as Genma Saotome was far beyond Tofu’s understanding. Hmmm, come to think of it Ranma looked absolutely nothing like Genma. Maybe he should check these things out; little inconsistencies like these tended to eat at Tofu’s soul till he took time away from his practice to investigate them. He still had a few samples of Genma’s blood and tissue and Hito down at the testing lab still owed him a favor…

Well, enough of such things. Kasumi’s exceptional cooking was calling to him and Tofu didn’t have the will to resist such a succulent temptation.

Mere seconds after hearing the good news Kasumi had headed strait towards the kitchen to begin preparing the steaming goodies laid out before them, each dish a visual and culinary delight to the senses. A momentary pang of regret filled his heart. If he’d only gotten over his nervousness a few months earlier it could’ve been him Kasumi was smiling at, him she was feeding a delicately sliced bit of sushi. But the regret only lasted a moment before fading away. He was genuinely happy that Kasumi and Mousse had found each other and hoped that someday, with Kami’s blessing, he’d find someone equally as wonderful as Kasumi for himself.

“Well Ranma, how does it feel to be my son?” Tofu asked as he took a sip of sake.

“Better than I ever imagined it.” The young man grinned back at his new father. “I’d love to have a camera on hand for when Nodoka and the panda hear about this.”

“That would indeed be a moment to capture.”

“What are you’re plans for tomorrow Ranma?” Kasumi asked as she set more soy sauce on the table.

“I plan to go hunting,” he savored the taste of the tempura. “I have a panda to catch.”

If Genma Saotome hadn’t been such a complete bastard Kasumi, Mousse, and Tofu might’ve felt sorry for him.

“Be very careful Ranma.” Kasumi cautioned her new future brother-in-law.

“You don’t think that old slob can hurt me do you Kasumi?”

The young woman shook her head. “Not at all; remember not to rough him up too badly otherwise the police won’t recognize him when you turn him in.”

Everyone stared at Kasumi for a second before breaking out in decidedly wicked laughter.

&&&

Setsuna shook her head, rigidly holding her anger and deep sense of loss in check. After all this time, all the effort she and the other Scouts had put into this dream of the perfect future, and it was all for nothing.

Crystal Tokyo was no more. It had ceased to exist in every future that she looked through.

Previously when something or someone threatened Crystal Tokyo’s future existence Pluto would alert Uranus and Neptune and between the three of them they’d discreetly ‘take care’ of the problem. She normally didn’t tell the inner Scouts about what the younger girls might consider their less than honorable deeds. No doubt the Princess would order them to stop; after all cold blooded murder wasn’t something that was condoned even in the Silver Millennium. But this time, this time it was different. This time there wasn’t a damn thing they could do.

Needless to say upon hearing this news Michiru and Haruka didn’t take it too well. Haruka was all set and ready to go right out and kill this new obstacle just like in previous times. It took almost a whole hour of patient talking, actually yelling, and the threat of being banned from Michiru’s bedroom for a month to finally calm the blonde down.

When Setsuna was finally able to explain matters the two women both paled and vowed to keep as far away from this Ranma fellow as humanly possible. Neither Scout wanted to risk the terrible punishment they would incur should they break one of the most ancient and powerful covenants of the Moon Kingdom.

&&&

Ducking into a dark alley Genma paused to get control of his wheezing breath. After living off bamboo for a week Genma couldn’t stand it any longer; he absolutely had to have real food! He knew from a discarded newspaper that the police had indeed identified him. Contained within the article was his photo and general list of what the authorities considered were his crimes.

Bah! What did the police know; many of those supposed ‘crimes’ were really training exercises. Anything necessary to advance the boy’s training in the martial arts was perfectly legal in his oh so humble opinion.

Under the cover of night Genma had slunk back into the city when his hunger finally became unbearable. His first order of business was returning to his human form. That proved easier than he’d anticipated. Thank Kami for those western Jacuzzis. Not only had he reverted to his proper body he got to clean up a bit too. Leaving the now filthy spa behind Genma stole several pieces of clothing from the clothesline next door; the owner’s forgetfulness was now his fortune. Now feeling a bit more human the older martial artist headed for the restaurants.

Genma longed for buckets of hot spicy ramen, succulent pieces of sushi, bowls of steaming rice, tempura, yakitori, grilled miso chicken, and bottle upon bottle of sake but knew the minute he stepped into any eatery he’d be instantly recognized. So Genma took to breaking into and raiding the kitchens of restaurants that had closed for the night. Two nights of heavy eating and Genma was beginning to feel like his old self again. Unfortunately on the sixth night his luck ran out. Evidently several restaurant owners on hearing of the repeated break-ins had banded together to fight this threat to their financial well being. Armed with guns, bats, tazers, and walkie talkies owners hid in their restaurant’s kitchens and waited. Sure enough, one of them caught Genma breaking through the roof access hatch. The elder Saotome barely made it out of there without getting his head bashed in.

This setback of Genma’s proved to be worse than he had originally thought. The owner had seen and recognized his face and reported this sighting to the authorities. Once the news reached the reporters they began broadcasting the confirmed sighting to everyone thus laying the foundation to Genma’s current state of misery. Drawn by the substantial reward for his capture countless bounty hunters, martial artists, and so called heroes had descended on the area; he was like a mouse surrounded by dozens of hungry eager cats.

Genma tried to get away, leave the city, but each time he ran into some out to get him and had to turn back.

Now he scuttled about the streets and dirty alley ways of Tokyo’s darker sections like a rat seeking a bolt hole.

Had he been a bit more observant and intelligent Genma might’ve noticed he had already been spotted by one of his pursuers.

###

High up on a nearby roof, silhouetted against the full moon a figure crouched, glowing blue eyes scanning the streets below, ears cupped forwards to catch the faintest sounds from his prey.

With his heightened senses and night vision Ranma found the task of hunting Genma ridiculously easy. The fat bastard was so utterly predictable. It was just impossible for a glutton like Genma to break his eating habits; it was only a matter of time before his hunger drove him out of whatever hiding place he’d scurried off to after the raid.

The only puzzling matter to his little adventure was the way every cat he came across acted towards him. Even the most haggard and human wary alley cat happily approached him and bowed, called him the honorable title of Lord. Some went so far as to offer him in cat speech their services should he require them. Five of the largest cats in the area even now were scattered around him, watching him and his prey, relaying information to Ranma through body language and soft throated meows.

This was really too easy. He had hoped this adventure would be a little more difficult.

So intent upon his target Ranma failed to notice that he too was being hunted.

###

“What do you mean the readings don’t match??”

Ami ignored the other scouts as she peered at the screen of her special computer. “Exactly what I said, this demon’s readings don’t match any previous ones we’ve ever battled. There’s absolutely no trace of negamoon energy in it.”

“So he’s different, so what?” Rei punched her balled fist into her other hand. “We know he’s up to no good. I say we nail him now!”

“But we promised to wait for Luna and Artemis.” Usagi tried to stem off her friend’s eagerness for battle. They didn’t even know if the strange boy was really an enemy.

Usagi had been the first to spot the young man as she walked back to her house from the arcade. At first Usagi believed she was hallucinating from all the sugar she’d ingested but after shaking her head and blinking several times the young girl had to believe what her eyes were telling her. There he was, an incredibly handsome young man with black cat ears and a long black tail waving behind him as he walked by. It was obvious that he was looking for something, or perhaps someone, by the way he kept peering down each alley he passed. Sprinting home she immediately called the other scouts so they could deal with this potential threat before any innocents were hurt.

The only things that were confusing to her was the way Luna had reacted when she had described the young man. The black moon cat had suddenly become highly agitated and literally ordered Serena to keep away from that young man and not attack him under any circumstances. She and the other scouts were to wait till she and Artemis arrived.

Usagi was all too willing to wait till the two moon cats showed up but the others didn’t have as much patience. Rei and Mitako especially were just itching for a fight after having nearly three weeks of peace and quiet. At least Minako and Ami were willing to hang back with her.

“I’m not gonna wait!!” Mitako ran and jumped over to the next roof with Rei hot on her heels.

“Jupiter! Mars! Wait!! C’mon! We gotta stop them!” Usagi said to her two remaining friends.

###

Just as he was about to pounce on his unsuspecting prey his danger sense went into hyper drive. His sideways leap saved him from a rather severe case of singed fur as the place he’d been standing mere seconds ago was blasted by a rolling ball of fire.

“You missed!!”

“It’s quicker than I thought!”

Whirling around towards the sound of the voices Ranma was confronted by a sight which might’ve come from some twisted pervert’s wet dream. Silly looking sailor fukus with incredibly short skirts and standing in what he supposed they thought were intimidating battle poses; these just had to be the famous Sailor Scouts he’d heard Nabiki rattle on so much about. Happosai would be in grope heaven if he were here.

Making no effort to hide his annoyance at their unprovoked attack Ranma crossed his arms and glared at the two girls closest to him. “Mind telling me why you attacked me?”

“Negamoon scum like you don’t deserve to live!” Growled the red skirted one with the long black hair.

Ranma’s annoyance now turned to anger as three more girls showed up. “You’re the Sailor Scouts right?”

“That’s right! And now we’re gonna kick you’re ass!!” The greed skirted one yelled and moved to attack, lightening crackling about her hands. Her companion joined in with her fire based moves. Ranma’s aura casually shrugged off both attacks, the martial artist noting in passing the scout’s weren’t nearly as powerful as he’d been led to believe from all the reports and Nabiki’s manga.

Jupiter and Mars did a high five as they watched their feline opponent disappear beneath the fury of their combined attacks.

“That was too easy”

“Think again.”

Before either girl knew what was happening Ranma burst from the smoke and was among them. Like swift running water he flowed through their ranks, batting aside their amazingly feeble defenses. Weren’t these girls supposed to be some fantastic fighting force? Weren’t they the ones that beat powerful monsters time and again? Kami! Akane on her worst day could’ve defeated them! Only one of them seemed to have any inkling of martial arts skills and that wasn’t saying much.

He sniffed in disgust, they weren’t real martial artists just another batch of brainless idiots who foolishly depended almost entirely on their magical attacks in battle. Damn sloppy if you asked him.

A few selective pressure points later and he had all five supposed super heroines laid out in a row. Taking down the three late arrivals was a safety measure and besides he only wanted to explain things one time. Standing over their frozen forms he planted his hands firmly on his hips and glared at the horizontal heroines.

“All right now listen up you bimbos.” He got five deadly glares for the bimbo part but Ranma wasn’t fazed by it since he’d seen far worse. “I am NOT negamoon scum, whatever that is. I’m not out to do anything bad, in fact I’m doing Tokyo a huge favor. The piece of filth I’m after tonight is none other than Genma Saotome. Surely you’ve heard of him; that is assuming any of you twits can read?”

Five sets of eyes filled with anger but also recognition. Evidently they could indeed read or maybe they’d seen one of the many reports that had run on the news.

“That waste of human flesh made the majority of my life, and many others, so far an absolute living hell. He owes me, owes me far more than I’ll ever be able to collect but I intend to do the best I can on that front. There’s a big reward posted for him. It won’t bring back the years he’s stolen from me but it will make my new life a bit easier. Now those points are going to wear off in about five minutes and I suggest that when this happens you get up and go pester someone else!!”

Ranma started to walk away but just couldn’t leave without offering one more parting shot. “And while you’re at it find something more sensible, and a bit less revealing, to wear; you look like something out of a porno magazine.”

If looks could kill he’d be dead and buried a half a mile underground by now. The blonde with the bow in her hair looked especially murderous; evidently she liked dressing up like this. Maybe she liked having old perverts drooling over her. Girls, he was never going to understand them.

“My Lord!! My Lord!!” a sharp female voice called and Ranma spun towards to source. If it was more of these damned scouts he was going to strip them and cuff them to the wall of Happosai’s cell. Instead of girls however he was faced with two cats; one white and one black, both baring a golden crescent moon on their foreheads. Before the cats could come within five feet of Ranma they were bowled over and pinned to the roof by his feline hunting companions.

Artemis and Luna struggled beneath the heavy paws of their captors, panting to catch their breath from the long run here. Seeing neither animal had sufficient power to even injure him Ranma motioned for his cats to release these two newcomers.

“My Lord, please forgive these girls for their actions, they are very young and don’t understand how badly they’ve behaved.” Both cats begged as they prostrated themselves before Ranma.

For a split second the young martial artist was too stunned to move. Again with the Lord bit. What in hell were the cats, and these two talking cats, going on about? Well might as well go with the flow here. It might even be fun.

Pulling a mantle of regal arrogance and ill concealed annoyance around himself Ranma stared down at the white and black felines, who promptly began to tremble in fear. He chose his words very carefully; any use of his old speech patterns would spoil the entire illusion. “The task of teaching them fell to you both, why have they not been properly schooled? They interfered in my hunt! ” He snapped and had the satisfaction of seeing Luna and Artemis flinch.

If only he could see his reflection now Ranma would be astonished to see a silver crescent moon appear on his forehead; the mark of the Lord of Cats.

(Man, this Lord act is fun; maybe I should do it more often.) But not too often, he didn’t want to end up with an over inflated ego like Kunos.

“With the repeated attacks from the negamoon there hasn’t been any time,” Luna ventured to lift her gaze only to return to staring at the black rooftop. Even a glimpse of those fierce blue feline eyes was enough to strike true fear into the ancient moon cat.

“See that it doesn’t happen again. Now get them out of my sight, I have hunting to do.” And without further word He hopped across the alley to the roof beyond closely followed by his loyal feline guards.

Artemis and Luna remained in their humble position till they were sure Ranma was out of sight before rising and rounding on the still prone girls.

“You idiots!!” Luna spat, pacing furiously, back fur raised in her agitation. “Do you have any idea what could’ve have happened tonight?? At the beginning of the Silver Millennium Queen Serenity entered into a covenant with the Lord of Cats; the ruler of the Northern Lands of Earth, one of the four noble Demon Lords who were known for their bravery and honor. Yes, even demons can be good.” She hissed at Rei’s disbelieving look.

“The Cat Lord rules over all felines and I do mean all! Even we moon cats! We were the Lord of Cat’s gift to Queen Serenity upon the covenant’s completion. The covenant states that no one of the Moon Kingdom would interfere with Earth or any member of the four Demon Lords, their descendants or their courts. If you had succeeded in killing the Cat Lord the ancient magic of the covenant would’ve stripped away your powers and your immortality!!” Artemis swiped at Minako’s ribbon. She hated it when he messed with her hair ribbons.

“Idiots!” He shook his white head in anger. “Act first; think later, if there is a later.”

“Lets’ just get them back to the temple where we can properly talk.” Luna said as she watched the girls beginning to regain their ability to move.

&&&

Sounds of battle shattered the night’s calm air…

Witnesses later reported to the investigating police that they saw two fighters engaged in a very heated battle. This baffled the investigating officers; just two people did all this damage? After further questioning it was confirmed that this wasn’t one of those attacks involving the Sailor Scouts rather it was two men. One was described as being a rather fat bald man with glasses which immediately got the officers to thinking he might be the infamous Genma Saotome. Visions of money danced through their heads as each man dreamed about getting the reward offered for such a capture. The other fighter was by all witnesses accounts not entirely human. He was a young man, rather handsome, with black cat ears and a long black tail. He was also said to have several very large mean looking cats accompanying him. The battle was absolutely brutal and a bit one sided since the younger man beat his opponent around like a cat playing with a captured mouse. The last time any of the witnesses saw of the two it was of the younger man dragging the fat man’s unconscious body off down the streets.

&&&

Ranma walked proudly up the Police Station’s steps completely ignoring the frozen in their tracks people who were staring at him in open mouthed shock. It wasn’t everyday that one saw a cat boy dragging the battered, filthy, and unconscious body of one of Japan’s most wanted criminals behind him like an old sack of potatoes. The trip here had been relatively easy; Ranma only had to stop once to knock Genma out again. For good measure he hit several rather special points on his body that the old bastard would find very interesting when he woke up. The Police would also thank him for it.

He walked up the steps; not bothering with the fact his captive’s head was hitting every one of the stone steps he passed over. Just as he reached the last flat level before the entrance the double doors swung open and out spilled at least a dozen reporters and the top three officers of the Special Investigations unit.

By sheer luck, and perhaps the favor of a few Kami, Ranma had arrived just minutes after the Unit’s latest press conference had ended. The reporters blinked in confusion till one recognized the young man’s unconscious captive.

“It Saotome! He’s captured Genma Saotome!!”

Her cry sent her fellow reporters into a frenzy as they converged on the martial artist. Questions spilled out of their lips like water as they crowded around Ranma who was blinking in pain from all the photo flashes. It was only after Captain Misato’s sternly barked order that the men and women from the media pulled back.

“Congratulations Mister…”

“Ono, Ranma Ono.”

One of the Captain’s eyebrows shot up at the sound of Ranma’s name but he kept from asking about it till later. “Well congratulations Mr. Ono on your capture of this dangerous criminal. I expect you’re here to turn him in and collect the reward?”

“Yes sir.”

“Then come inside. I want to hear all the details.” He began to usher the boy in while his two subordinates took possession of Saotome’s still unconscious body.

“Ranma? RANMA!!” A woman’s voice rose above the din and the crowd split to allow her to move forwards.

Captain Misato watched as the young man besides him tensed and glared at the approaching woman, eyes warily watching her every move.

“Ranma, you’ve come to your senses at last!” She moved as if to hug him but he stepped away a second before she could touch him. “You’ve found your father--”

“That piece of dirt isn’t my father, and you’re not my mother.” He hissed, ears narrowed back tightly against his skull, tail thrashing. “I am part of the Ono clan, my name is Ono Ranma.” This was said with a great deal of love and pride.

“Ono? Ono? Nonsense! And what are those things on your head? Cat ears? Wearing such things isn’t very manly son.” Nodoka scoffed, by now she was so engrossed with talking to her son that she’d totally forgotten where they were or who the people were surrounding them. It was a moment of forgetfulness that she’d regret for decades to come. “You’re a Saotome. Now stop this foolishness and come home with me. We have a great deal of planning to do.”

She made a move to grab his arm which he easily sidestepped. All around them the reporters were either writing furiously or recording the whole event on their cameras.

“I don’t have to listen to you. You’re not my parent!” He hissed, hair now bristling on his lashing tail.

“You’ll do as I say or I’ll have you commit seppuku right here!! Your father has stained the Saotome name, but all is not totally lost. Our honor will be restored as soon as you marry one girl and keep the others as mistresses! The Tendos are entirely unsuitable but that restaurant girl is nice and very self sufficient. She’ll do for your wife. The Amazon and the gymnast should be content with being your mistresses so long as you keep them satisfied. We’ll see to the other fiancées as they arrive.”

By now the reporters all thought they’d died and gone to heaven. This business with the Saotome and Tendo families was turning out to be an endless goldmine of stories. Now here was another storyline for them to delve into. This woman wanted the young man before her, he who used to be her son, to marry one girl and use the others like concubines in some desert harem? And she thought this was honorable?

“I said no.”

Rage filled Nodoka’s eyes, hands automatically unwrapping the family’s honor blade from its travel cloth. Gripping the hilt she pulled it free of its sheaf and charged her disobedient son. Only she didn’t get very as several burly policemen immediately tackled her to the ground. Struggling to get free Nodoka lost grip on her sword which was picked up by her son.

Making sure that his former mother’s eyes were on him Ranma lifted the blade high before bringing it down on his knee. Nodoka screamed in outrage as the sword which had been in the Saotome family for generations was broken and tossed down on the ground like a piece of trash.

“Nodoka Saotome you are under arrest for assault with a deadly weapon and attempted murder. Take her and that piece of filth she calls a husband inside and book them.” Captain Misato’s orders were immediately followed. His men were very eager to get the two Saotomes out of their hands since they felt dirty from just touching the pair.

Ranma ignored the screams of his former mother as she was dragged kicking and screaming into the station followed by her still unconscious husband. As the doors closed Ranma felt another great weight lift from his soul. The Tendos were gone and his parents were both heading to jail. He just had to deal with the amazons, the Kunos, and Ukyo and he’d finally be free of his former life. Turning to the Captain he was about to ask the older man how long filling out the paperwork would take when his ears picked up something.

“RANMA!!!!”

The voice was familiar, the cry filled with pain, fear, and desperation.

“INUYASHA!!” He screamed and forgetting everything and everyone around him Ranma raced back towards the temple at full speed.