RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +







Story Notes:
This is set after the end of the Ranma saga and nearing the end of Inuyasha. All the shards haven’t been found and Naraku is still alive. There will be some new attacks in this fic and I’ll leave definitions for them at the bottom of each part they appear in.



*~*~*~*~*


Growling, a lone figure in red robes paced along the roof tops, yellow eyes searching the horizon. Silver hair, finer than silk, flowed like water in the morning breeze as large canine ears twitched in agitation.
The Gods had certainly played fast and loose with his life this time.
Being momentarily stuck in modern day Tokyo, far away from the rolling stretches of demon-infested forests, left him with nothing to vent this rampant energy on, to deplete his vigor till he was too tired to move from his secured sanctuary.
Why, why of all times did his heat have to strike now??
He’d tried working it off on the local gangs of thugs but these pitiful humans couldn’t even offer a token resistance to his demon strength. The fever was rising steadily; sweat breaking out on his exposed skin. He had to find a mate and he had to find one NOW!! Below he could hear Kagome and her family preparing for the day ahead. This was all her fault, getting injured at that ‘school’ of hers, making him stay to help and protect her. He sneered, claws digging into the roof’s ceramic tiles. In spite of all that he shared with the girl who was the reincarnation of his first love he had no inclination to seek her out right now.
Kagome was too nice, too gentle, too…too…female. No, he wanted a strong mate.
A powerful MALE mate; one whose skills and power matched his own, who would be willing to use those strengths to dominate him. After all he wasn’t going to lift his tail for just any strutting male that came his way. Even in this state he did have his standards. Tenderness could come later after he’d been claimed. Gentle lovemaking wasn’t exactly what he craved right now; only raw, animalistic, screaming-till-your-throat-was-raw fucking would quell this raging fire that was burning him alive.
Off in the distance a flare of intense power caught his attention, temporarily highly sensitive ears picking up the sounds of battle.
Fangs glittered in the morning light as he smiled. With long gliding leaps Inuyasha bounded off towards the battle zone.
Strait towards Nerima.



Nerima was a virtual war zone.
Ever since the marriage ceremony held at the Saotome residence ended in disaster tensions among the areas martial artists had risen to an all time high. Battles, more intense and violent than ever, broke out frequently. Damage costs were running up into astronomical numbers. Hazardous as this was for Nerima’s non-fighting residents life had to go on; people going about their business while trying to refrain from landing in the crossfire.
And the cause of this mayhem? The usual of course. Ranma Saotome.
The young martial artist, who’d endured untold hardships and overcame impossible odds, was deeply mired in the center of all this madness. After the wedding relations between Ranma and the people linked to his bizarre life was more than a little strained. Actually, to be perfectly honest, it wouldn’t be far fetched to say their relationships had taken a warp-speed nose dive strait into the deepest burning pits of hell.
No longer content with attempting to coerce/blackmail Ranma into retuning with them to China Cologne and Shampoo now waged an all out campaign to kidnap the young man by sheer force. Only his superior skills and power kept the two Amazons from achieving their goal. Ranma shuddered to even think of what would happen should he fall into their hands. A life of slavery, being treated as an object, used to breed more women warriors, repeatedly drugged and beaten to remind of his lowly status. No, Ranma would kill himself before he’d become that purple-headed bitch’s ‘husband’. The Kunos, Kodachi and Tatewaki, too brain damaged to realize Ranma and his red-haired alternate body were one in the same, still attempted to either kill one body while trying to molest the other. Ranma wasn’t especially worried about them since neither one could ever hope to come close to his new level. He’d almost welcome their attack; at least he’d have the satisfaction of pounding their thick, useless, skulls through the pavement for all his past pain at their hands.
Happosai was thankfully out of the picture. The old lecher finally went up against someone he couldn’t handle. He’d broken into the house of some newcomers to the area, intent on stealing panties and molesting the two well endowed teenage girls who lived there with their mother. He hadn’t counted on the older woman being a semi-retired bounty hunter from the United States.
The Grandmaster of the Anything Goes style had just wormed one hand into the screaming youngest girl’s bra when a hand ripped him away and slammed him against the wall. Momentarily stunned by this move, and the older woman’s magnificent breasts, Happosai didn’t see the bowie knife leave its sheath under her jacket. He did however feel when she used the razor-sharp blade to pin his withered carcass to the wall. The police rushed the heavily bleeding old man to the hospital where it was later discovered the blade had completely severed his spinal cord paralyzing him from the waist down. Happosai would be spending the rest of his life confined not only to prison but to a wheelchair as well. Genma and Soun, upon receiving the news of their master’s crippled state, had celebrated for days afterwards.
Ryoga was being an even bigger pain in the ass than usual, attacking whenever his cursed sense of direction led him to the pigtailed martial artist. Just that morning Ranma had to unveil one of his new moves when the umbrella wielding fighter appeared yelling his regular death threat. It’d been supremely satisfying watching Ryoga fly through the air, his hair and clothes smoldering from Ranma’s latest chi attack; the fireball was really quite spectacular but could be improved with a little more practice. This was only a short reprieve however; Ryoga, just like a phony yen piece, would show up again sooner or later. When his thoughts turned to Ukyo a terrible pain welled up in his heart. There was so much he missed about the okonomiyaki chef he used to call friend. At first she seemed ashamed of her actions and avoided her so called fiancée. But after this brief cooling down period the spatula wielding girl began chasing Ranma again with a vengeance. She was determined to get her man even if she had to kill to do it. Ranma was hard pressed to keep the girl from committing murder. The worst of the lot sadly were his so-called family and the Tendos.
Genma and Soun hadn’t given up on marrying Ranma and Akane. Relentlessly they pursued the two, never letting up, always hounding them with demands and threats. The pressuring didn’t set well with the youngest Tendo daughter. The tenuous truce between Ranma and Akane fell apart shortly after the men renewed their plotting. The more they pressed the more aggressive and short-tempered Akane got. Several dozen letters demanding the girl’s expulsion were received after Akane started doing serious damage to the boys at the morning gate, sending a handful to the hospital with broken bones and internal injuries each morning. And when there were no other boys around she took her anger out on him.
Akane’s mind spawned a brand new arsenal of foul perverted insults to hurl in his face. It didn’t matter anymore that he’d rescued her time and again, that he’d endured one humiliation after another to pull her out of situations her ego, big mouth, and temper got her into, that he’d even killed for her. All she saw when she looked at him was a disgusting pervert who didn’t have the sense of a dung beetle. For Nabiki this time of troubles was a virtual Godsend. The middle daughter was making a killing off the betting pools and offering protection to boys who were afraid of her sister. Both Kunos were paying her a small fortune for photos of their supposed true loves which led to Nabiki following him around with that damned camera of hers, snapping off shots whenever he showed a bit of flesh. No time was safe from her paparazzi skills; in the bath, on the toilet, changing clothes. It was mainly her fault in the first place that the wedding failed; to her Ranma was a cash cow and she wasn’t about to let anything jeopardize it, not ever her own sister’s supposed happiness. As long as Ranma and Akane were single her profits remained high, married the pair wouldn’t have generated even a quarter of their current level. Therefore they had to stay single.
What perhaps hurt the most however was his Mother’s thoughts on the whole matter. Nodoka Saotome’s warped version of Bushido, a perversion of all the ancient way of the samurai stood for, led her to insist he marry Akane while retaining the other girls as his mistresses. He was also expected to go on panty raids, grope girls, and act like the pervert Akane believed him to be. She would brook no arguments on the matter since she still retained the seppuku contract Genma had signed before leaving on their training trip. There remained no doubt in Ranma’s mind that the woman would demand they fulfill the contract if he followed the true Bushido.
His one refuge during these times was oddly enough Mousse and Kasumi.
The eldest Tendo girl remained unfazed by everything and did her best to offer him good advice and comfort whenever she could. Ranma was truly grateful for her gentle friendship; she’d been more of a mother to him than his real one ever was.
Sometime during the last battle Mousse had experienced a revelation. Shampoo would never be allowed to marry him due to his poor eyesight. Even if he did win the old crone would kill him before he could sully her bloodline with his defective genes. It was with very little regret that he quit the Cat Café and went to work for Ukyo, renting out a room just next door to the restaurant.
Freed from his obsession with the purple-headed girl it was Kasumi Mousse ended up dating. It did Ranma good to see such true tender emotions displayed before him and he did everything possible to keep their relationship a secret. On their part the couple did their best to shield Ranma, give the young man some breathing space but those precious moments were few and far between. What time he did manage to find were spent thinking and training.
After hours of meditating and practicing Ranma had come to a decision.
Life in Nerima held no promise for him. If he remained someone would eventually be seriously hurt, perhaps even killed. Since his battles with Herb, the dragon-descended ruler of the Musk, and Saffron, the immortal Phoenix God, Ranma’s level of Chi had risen dramatically, far outdistancing his fellow martial artists. Without further training Ranma was a danger to everyone around him.
Therefore he would be leaving today, leaving for good.
With Kasumi’s help Ranma had managed to stash away a sizable amount of money. For the first few weeks he intended to spend time up in the mountains where he could train without fear of hurting anyone. Afterwards he’d head to Doctor Tofu’s new clinic. Before the good doctor had moved he’d offered Ranma a place to stay and an apprenticeship should he ever decide life in Nerima was too much for him. It was time to take Tofu up on that offer.
His bags were packed, Kasumi had his money ready, all that remained was to clean up and say goodbye.



Having arrived on the outskirts of the Nerima district Inuyasha was assaulted with a wide variety of power signatures. But which one should he choose? He wanted the best and only the best! No second placers for him!
So Inuyasha set out to investigate all of them, eliminating them one by one till he was left with the top fighter in the area.
Stopping at the place that smelled of good Chinese cooking Inuyasha spied two females; one younger than he the other old and withered.
“Bah! Women!” He spat in disgust and hurried off to the next power signature.

Cologne looked up from her works on the Café’s books. A power unlike any she’d felt before in her long life had just passed by them.
“Great-Grandmother what was that?” Shampoo asked as she came out of the kitchen.
“I do not know child but I believe we’ll find out soon enough.” The Amazon elder stated solemnly. “Come Shampoo, get cleaned up. It’s time we head over to Son-in-law’s and see what the boy wants to speak to us about.”
The young Amazon bounced for joy. “Aiyah! We go get husband now yes?”
“Perhaps child, perhaps. Now run along or we’ll be late.”

On his way to the next power source Inuyasha spotted a pair of humans walking below him that were just too weird even for him. Both were obviously insane; the girl’s laughter would’ve scared Naraku right out of that damned baboon robe of his, a dark demented light shining in her wide eyes. And the boy kept spouting off bad poetry and declaring his love for several women at once bringing the monk Miroku and his constant lechery to the half demon’s mind. Thankfully the boy’s level was far too small for Inuyasha’s needs so he was passed by. In one place that smelled like those rotten herbs Kaede used to heal wounds laid another power source. But since he was very old and obviously crippled now the half demon discarded him as a contender.

Happosai pulled himself up a little straighter in his wheelchair. If he didn’t know any better the old martial artist would swear he just felt a demon close by, one not making any moves to conceal his or her power. For a moment he thought about going after it before the reality of his situation crashed in on him again. There wouldn’t anymore chases for him.
Depression filled Happosai.
“No more silky little darlings,” he sniffed as big tears welled up in his eyes. “No more nestling into the full blossom of some young dear. All gone.” And he broke down and cried like a little baby.

Drawing ever closer to the power source that drew him here Inuyasha slowed down. How curious, almost all the others he’d checked earlier were converging, heading directly towards the power’s epicenter. Ahead, at the end of the street, lay a small compound and house which currently sheltered his goal along with several others of various but barely noticeable power levels. A small spark of caution flared to life bringing the silver-haired boy to a complete stop. He would wait a bit; observe what was transgressing below before issuing his challenge. So decided Inuyasha shielded his chi and hopped over onto one of the smaller roofs, settling down to watch, sharp ears swiveled forwards to catch ever single word.



It wasn’t easy to get this bunch of crazies into one area without violence erupting but thankfully none of those gathered were willing to upset Kasumi any farther than she already was. One by one they took their seats and waited for Ranma to make his entrance.

Two thoughts were racing through Ukyo’ mind as she eyed her true rivals; how could she kill Akane and Shampoo and avoid facing Kasumi for her deeds. As usual her thoughts were being echoed by Ranma’s other fiancées.
Who knew exactly what weird snippets of what passed for thoughts were flying around in the Kuno siblings’ heads.
Who would really want to know.
Somehow, a minor miracle by a demented god perhaps, Ryoga had made it back from wherever it was Ranma blew him that morning. He was sitting next to Akane, talking to the youngest Tendo girl with that sheepish look on his face.
Nabiki was fuming as she hadn’t made any money off this gathering and wasn’t sure if she’d be able to. One thing the girl hated was being in the dark about something. How was she supposed to turn a profit if she didn’t know what was going on. People didn’t fork out money for vague speculation. The clearer the facts the higher the payoff was.
Soun, Genma, and Nodoka were clustered together talking in eager hushed tones. No doubt they thought he was ready to marry Akane and they were discussing wedding plans. Man, were they in for a shock.
“Are you sure you want to do this Ranma?” Mousse asked softly, despite the thorough debugging they’d done earlier, as he picked up the tea tray.
“Yeah, I’m sure.” The pig-tailed martial artist sighed. “If I’m ever to find control I have to leave. It’s not like there’s anything to keep me here anyways ‘cept you guys.”
“We’ll always be there for you Ranma, please remember that will you?”
Gazing into Kasumi’s sweet face Ranma nodded. “Thanks Kasumi.”
“My pleasure, I just wish there was something more we could do for you. My family has hurt you so terribly.” A lone tear escaped from beneath her eyelid. “Daddy’s been useless ever since Mother died. I did the best I could to raise my sisters but it obviously wasn’t enough. Nabiki’s a heartless shark while Akane’s become a violent, abusive brat. And there wasn’t a single thing I could do to stop it.” Unconsciously her hands clenched, leaving little moon-shaped indentations etched into her palms.
Ranma took her gentle hands into his own, rubbing the backs of them till the fingers uncurled. “You shouldn’t have had to take on all those responsibilities at that age to begin with. It’s your dad’s fault your sisters are the way they are. No matter how badly he was hurting he should’ve seen that there was at least someone here to help you kids since he couldn’t.”
“Ranma’s only saying the same thing I’ve been telling you Kasumi,” the bespectacled martial artist smiled at his secret fiancée. “Now come on, the tea’s getting cold.”

On the rooftop Inuyasha stiffened as the tension in the room below suddenly shot strait into orbit, he wasn’t sure even Tetsusaiga was powerful enough to cut through it. It all seemed to be centered on the black haired boy with the pig tail.
The boy….
The boy was the one he sought, he was the power source!
Golden eyes feasted hungrily on the young man’s lean frame, taking stock of his graceful stride and liquid play of muscles which spoke silently of many long years of training and battle. The young man’s power that’d drawn him here sang along the half-demon’s nerves, even rigidly controlled and muffled as it was. He had a handsome face and large expressive eyes in a shade of blue Inuyasha had never seen before; at least in a human. He sniffed the breeze, keen nose twitching a bit. Yes, there it was, just barely there. Somewhere in the young man’s ancestry lay a demon, the blood so diluted that only one such as himself could hope to discover it.
This revelation only heightened Inuyasha’s desires and his body was reacting accordingly. Fire pooled in his groin, member engorged and aching. His musk, the scent of a male demon in heat, danced along the breeze. Thank the Gods the wind was blowing away from the small group below. If the young man had caught so much as a single whiff he’d have been up on the roof fucking Inuyasha raw, unable to resist due to his demon ties. Not that the half demon would’ve minded that but he preferred to do such things in privacy. Ranma, they called him Ranma. Wild horse, what a fitting name for his mate to possess. Inuyasha sent a silent prayer heavenward that Ranma lived up to his name when they finally joined.
Now that he’d singled out his mate all that was left for Inuyasha to do was lead the young man away from these annoying humans whose raised voices hurt his sensitive ears.

“…you will marry Akane!!” Genma rose, determined to beat his insolent son into submitting. No way was he letting the boy steal away the lazy retirement he’d worked so hard to ensure. Ranma would marry Tendo’s daughter even if they had to perform the ceremony from his hospital room.
“No, I’ll not marry someone I don’t love, someone that doesn’t love me, doesn’t trust me.” Ranma shook his head, stance centered and ready for battle. “Akane hates me.”
“It is a matter of family honor.” Soun reminded the boy sounding like a broken record.
“What honor?” Ranma snapped. “Where is the honor in a man who leaves his three young daughters to fend for themselves while he wallows in self pity? Where is the honor when a man sells his son repeatedly into marriage for something so little as a simple bowl of rice!” Blue eyes bore down on the fat martial artist. “How many families did you cheat pop? How many daughters are out there whose family honor you destroyed?”
“Those agreements mean nothing, the schools must be joined, this was decided when you were born!!” The older man tensed, readying himself to leap, only to freeze in place when Ranma pointed a glowing red ball of chi at him.
“By my count there are 33 families, 33 girls who can never regain their honor thanks to your gut.”
“That is no way to speak to your father Ranma.” Nodoka said fingering the wrapped katana in her lap.
“I no longer acknowledge him as my father, or you as my mother. I renounce the Saotome name as of this moment.”
For a second everyone was frozen by Ranma’s calmly delivered announcement. Then all hell broke loose!! Ranma however expected this reaction and was well prepared.
Soun and Genma were both woefully below his level and he brushed their unconscious bodies aside. It shouldn’t take only one blow to knock out two masters of the art.
Out of deference that she was his mother Ranma used a single pressure point to knock out his mother without hurting her. Both Kunos went down just as easily. Ukyo he banged the girl on the head with her own spatula then used the weapon to slice Shampoo’s bombori in half.
The Amazon put up a little better fight than the rest and Ranma took some small satisfaction when he broke the girl’s legs. Cologne, with her longer lifespan of experiences, proved more of a challenge but in the end she dropped to the floor out cold besides her Great-Granddaughter.
Standing amidst the bodies Ranma faced his final opponents.
“YOU FREAK!! HOW DARE YOU STRIKE MY DADDY!!” Akane pulled out her mallet and charged fully intent on teaching this damned pervert a lesson he’d never forget.
“RANMA SAOTOME, PREPARE TO DIE!!” Ryoga charged in with that same damned threat sounding like a broken record, umbrella held out and ready. “RYU TSUME!”* Ranma’s hand trailed blue chi behind it as he swiped the air before him.
Ryoga’s umbrella shredded into bits and strips of his tattered shirt fell to the floor, tiny lines of red appearing on his chest.
The mallet, the chief player in some of Ranma’s nightmares, crumbled into dust as Akane screamed, falling backwards, arms crossed over her suddenly bare breasts. She could feel blood seeping up from the soft flesh of her bosom.
Before either could recover from their shock Ranma struck, knocking Ryoga out with a combined punch/pressure point and sending Akane into la-la land with a good old fashioned roundhouse punch. In total the fight had only lasted little over a minute.
Ranma stepped over the bodies and grabbed his pack, slinging the thing over one shoulder. As he passed the stunned Nabiki he knocked her out too with another punch. Maybe that was overkill seeing as she wasn’t a martial artist but Ranma felt she deserved it for all the pain she’d caused him since he got here. The middle Tendo sure was going be pissed with him for hitting her, she’d be even more furious when she found out he’d given evidence of her various illegal activities to Tokyo’s newly created special crimes unit. Dealing with the charges of blackmail, bribery, racketeering, running illegal fights and taking bets on them, destruction of private property, and underage pornography ought to keep her from tracking him down for the highest bidder.
“Don’t worry about the mess Ranma, we’ll clean it up.” Mousse nudged Cologne’s body out of the way as he stepped into the main room.
“Actually we’ll make them clean it up as they’re the ones who made it.” Kasumi actually giggled a little. “I’m going to miss you two.” He hugged each one in turn. “When are you going to be leaving?”
“We’ve already chosen a nice little apartment near Doctor Tofu.” The former Amazon male adjusted his new glasses. As soon as they had enough money saved up he was going in for corrective surgery. “I’ve already got a job in one of the restaurants as a cook.”
“And I’m going to be Doctor Tofu’s receptionist.”
Ranma felt better knowing his only true friends were going to be getting away from this hellhole soon. “I’ll drop in on you then when I get back.” “We’ll be waiting.”
And so the young couple watched from the compound’s gate as pig-tailed martial artist disappeared into the city heading for the green countryside. None of them noticed that Ranma had a shadow.



Inuyasha whined in need as he trailed behind his mate. Dusk was fading into night and finally the young man had stopped to make camp. He’d traveled farther than any normal human should’ve been able to, putting as much distance between him and his old life as possible with long leaps and changes in direction. They were now in the middle of nowhere, not a single soul for miles around.
Perfect.
Careful not to make a sound, or to release his concealed chi, Inuyasha deliberately placed himself in the wind blowing towards Ranma. His musk would take care of the rest.

The instant the strange scent filled his nostrils Ranma’s hormones went into overdrive. He hardened within seconds, his thick organ twitching and leaking, staining the front of his pants. Growling, suddenly too hot, he stripped off his shirt, baring his chest to the campfire’s shifting light. Breathing deeper he turned towards where the scent was coming from and gasped as a vision of beauty stepped out of the bushes. Hungrily his eyes feasted on the strange young man’s naked body and long silver hair.
A deep whine, filled with need and pain, echoed through the tiny clearing as the newcomer fell to his knees and waved his ass invitingly towards Ranma. Ranma was only too willing and eager to accept the silver-haired boy’s invitation.
Soon the forest was filled with loud howls, growls, whines, and the sounds of flesh meeting flesh.
Chapter End Notes:
*Ryu Tsume= Dragon claw; slash attack