RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


"So Luke, how are ya feelin today?" Bo asked walking in with a tray with breakfast on it.

"Not too bad. Hmm, is that breakfast?"

"Yep. Thought you'd rather eat in here and not while sittin on a hard chair."

"Thanks luv," Luke said with a grin as Bo put it over his lap.

"Your more than welcome babe," Bo said giving him a quick kiss then sat next to him.

Luke ate then let out a sigh smiling.

"So are ya feelin ok?" Bo asked as he took the tray.

"Fine so far today. Oh I've got to the doctors today."

"You were late so I decided to come to you," Doc said and walked in.

"What time is it?" Luke asked with a frown.

"Oh eleven thirty. I completely forgot your appointment. Sorry Doc."

"That's quite alright. Now let's take a look at you, he said moving to the bed.

Bo felt in the way so he took the tray into the kitchen closing the door behind him.

"Now how much does the baby move and kick?" He asked as he felt.

"All the time it seems. Why is that normal?"

"Yes. If all of a sudden there's a lack of movement then you should come and see me right away no matter what time. Got that?"

"Yes."

He then listened to Luke's breathing and both their heart beats.

"You've got a strong little one there Luke," he said to check a few other things.

"So Doc, how will the baby be born?"

"Well, let's see. If you would remove your boxers and spread your legs?"

"Sure," he said and did resting back against the pillows breathing in slow and easy.

"Everything looks normal. The baby will be delivered by cesarean section."

"So you'll have to cut me open to get the baby out?"

"Yes. Now don't worry. Most women have their babies that way. You have nothing to worry about. Alright you can get dressed again," he said moving back.

"When should I come in for an ultrasound?"

I'd like you to come in later this week for that, and remember to drink plenty of water."

"I will."

"Good," Doc said and left.

"Everything ok?" Bo asked.

"Yes their both doin just fine," he said and left.

"So did ya ask?"

"Yep."

"And?"

"Our baby will be born by cesarean section."

"You mean he has to cut you open?"

"The only way luv."

"Oh," Bo said frowning.

"It's goin to be ok Bo. Like Doc said lots of women have their babies that way."

"True."

"Ok ready to go Luke?" Uncle Jesse asked waiting in the kitchen.

"As ready as I'm gonna be," Luke said walking out.

"What is that?" Uncle Jesse asked seeing him wearing a baggy shirt that looked to be ten sizes too big.

"Uh, a shirt Bo got for me. . . why?"

"You look ridiculous! Take it off."

"I'd rather not," Luke said looking down placing a hand to his swollen belly.

"Luke, Doc's place is on the outskirts of town. No one's gonna see you," Uncle Jesse said moving over to his side.

"I know. It's just that. . . well I'd feel pretty weird if someone did see me."

"Alright. Let's get goin?"

"Sure."

Once there Luke felt even more self-conscious and sat near the bathroom door with his arms wrapped around his growing stomach.

"Ok come on back Luke," Doc asked smiling holding an arm out to him.

"Sure," he said and followed him into the exam room.

"Just change into this and I'll be right back," Doc said laying a hospital gown on the bed and left closing the door.

Letting out a sigh Luke changed and sat on the bed carefully.

One minute later he walked back in and moved to the machine and began to set it up.

"How are you feelin today?" Doc asked.

"Like a freak," Luke said looking down.

'Now Luke Duke, you are not a freak. You hear me?"

"Men don't get pregnant Doc."

"No they don't normally, but this isn't as rare as you think."

"Oh?"

"Nope. Your the third man I've helped bring a baby into the world, and they did just fine," he said then turned to him.

"Need me to lay back?"

"Yep. Here let me help you. . . there now this will be cold and just try to relax," he said to fold the gown up to spread the gel on his stomach.

"Yeikes!"

"Sorry," Doc said then took the hand held and began to gently rub it along his belly trying to find the baby to grin finding it.

"Well?" Luke asked.

"Hmm, looks just fine. . ."

"And?" Luke asked getting worried.

"Do you want to know the sex of your baby?"

"You mean you can tell already?"

"Yep."

"Sure."

"A boy. A strong looking boy at that."

Luke just grinned then frowned feeling him kick.

"Normal for them to do that. Now let's see. . . yes all done. Your doing just fine," he said cleaning him off then the hand held to put it away.

"So when do you want me to come in again?"

"Next month."

"Ok," Luke said and got dressed when Doc left.

He then met Uncle Jesse out at his truck and they went home.

"Well?" Bo asked rushing out to meet then and help Luke inside.

"We're doin just fine," Luke said grinning as he took the large shirt off.

"Your sure?"

"Yep. Doc even told me what we're havin."

"Oh?"

"A boy. A strong boy."

Bo grinned then kissed Luke tenderly.

"Now don't get him worked up Bo," Uncle Jesse said.

"Don't worry none Uncle Jesse, I won't," Bo said still grinning like mad.

"So when does he want to see you again?" Uncle Jesse asked.

"Not until next month."