RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


CHAPTER SEVEN

A RAY OF HOPE

Sam checked in on the still sleeping Daniel and William one last time. She had risen early to make sure Daniel had every thing that he would need for the baby without having to exert himself. She fixed a quick meal of oatmeal and fresh fruit. She then proceeded to write a short note to not to worry about lunch; she would fix it when she came back from the days scouting party. Seeing that her two men were still sleeping, she added a line to the note telling him his breakfast was in the refrigerator and silently went out the door.

“Yuck, oatmeal, what does mommy think I am? A baby. She knows I don’t like this stuff.” He took the bowl and poured it down the drain. All the while William cooed as if saying, right on man.

“Well, my little man, just what shall we do today since we are under house arrest by mommy?” Daniel thought a minute then came up with what he thought was a good idea. “I know, while you have your breakfast, I can tell you about the planet that mommy and daddy are from, won’t that be interesting?” William must not have agreed for when Daniel looked down at him, he was peacefully snoozing again. Daniel just shook his head and laid him back in his cradle.

“Well I think I’ve found an easy way to make him go to sleep when I want him too, just bore him to death!” Daniel just shook is head in disbelief that William would find that boring.

He settled down in the chair and picked up his knitting and tried to figure out what he was suppose to be doing, “Is it knit one, purl two or is it purl one and knit two? I’m supposed to be able to outsmart this baby blanket but damn I should have written down the instructions.” He kept getting madder by the minute until finally he threw it down in discust and muttered something about it would be calmer on his nerves just to buy Williams’ blankets than to try and figure out those stupid instructions.

Later that morning Sam came storming into the apartment. “Daniel, I’ve got wonderful news---.”

“Shhhhhh. William’s sleeping---he was sleeping.” Daniel sighed as he went into the bedroom to pick-up the crying baby.

“I’m sorry, but I’ve got good news. I found it. I found the trail we came in on. This is it Daniel. Now all we have to do is figure out a good night to get the hell out of here once and for all.” She was so excited that she grabbed Daniel by the shoulders and hugged him. Then as she released him, their eyes met, then her lips found his and before they realized it, they were making passionate love. So passionate that it rivaled their wedding night.

“I can’t believe I’m so ravenous.” Sam stuffed another purple strawberry in her mouth.

“After what we did, I can.” Daniel had the wicked smile on his face.

“Yes it was pretty good wasn’t it? But unfortunately I’m running late for the council meeting, so I’ll see you later, bye my sweethearts.” She kissed them both and left.

“Doctor, the guards tell me that they caught your concubine in a restricted area. He was claiming to be under your orders looking for a rare plant. Is this so?” The Queen could barely contain her anger.

“Yes your Highness, you see I need that plant to make more of the elixir to help impregnate the males that the warriors bring back from the raiding party. With the party leaving next week, that only gives me two weeks to make an extra large batch, so I need to get started right away.” She hoped that she sounded convincing, if not-she didn’t even want to consider the consequences.

“You had better be telling the truth doctor, Or else!” Le’Ana slammed her fist down so hard she thought for a second or two that she might have broken her hand.

There was no way that Le’Ana was going to let the good doctor stand in her way of getting what she wanted. She had plotted and schemed for more years than she wanted to think about to be the ruler of the strongest and the mightiest nation on this planet. She was not going to let anyone stand in her way. Not now when it was so close at hand that she could feel it.

Sam just couldn’t believe their streak of good fortune they seemed to be having that day. First Daniel finds a door leading outside of the compound that’s not guarded. Next she finally gains enough freedom to find what she believes is the trail back to the DHD. Then she finds out during their meeting that there is to be another caravan in two weeks. If she plays her cards right she just might be able to get them spots on it. She couldn’t wait to tell Daniel all about it.

As she had expected Daniel was exhilarated over the prospect of having two escape plans to work with. They finally decided that they would plan to go on the caravan, but if something came up they would use the other as their backup.

The days flew by, as they made their preparations. Before they knew it, the big day was almost upon them.

“Just think about it Daniel in just two more day until the day we find freedom!” They were in the living room of their apartment playing with William, and planing what they could carry with them on the trip.

“Sam has Le’Ana actually said, she gives her permission for you and me and William to go on this trip?” Daniel was afraid that things were going a little too perfect just now.

“I realize that the last was my fault and at that time she promised that she would let us take the next one after I was well enough. But in the last few days has she formally said in front of witnesses that we can go. I just don’t want anything to go wrong right now.”

“I was thinking the same thing Daniel, and no Le’Ana hasn’t said, but I will bring up the subject at today’s meeting. I won’t let her dodge it either. And don’t you have a check-up soon?”

“Yes this afternoon. I wasn’t planning on missing it. If everything is perfect day, I will not require another check-up, unless and I don’t even want to think about it. I should become pregnant again.” He winced at the very notion of ever going through that again.

“You are taking your birth control right Daniel.” Sam just wanted to be sure.

“Every morning before I do anything, and I do mean anything.”

* * * * * * * *

“Colonel, I think I found something over here.” The young private waves his rifle in the air to indicate his position to the rest of the search team.

“What is it, what did you find?” It was Jack O’Neill’s voice coming from behind three dwarf palm trees to the right of the private.

“I’m not rightly sure, sir. It’s kinda glimmery. It’s in this cave. Its weird, sir, very weird.” The uncertainty of the situation frightened him.

“Alright, let’s take a look at this thing.” They all followed him into the cave and surrounded O’Neill as he examined the “glimmery thing.”

“It seems to be an energy shield of some kind. It’s not repelling us, therefore maybe we can pass something through it and see how it reacts.” O’Neill picked up a rock and threw it into the shield. It was as if the shield was just an electrical plate of glass. They could plainly see were the rock landed a few feet away. “Well boy’s, it’s time for the human test. I’ll go first then if nothing happens, follow as quickly as you can, cause were loosing daylight.”

O’Neill, stepped through the shield and nothing seemed to change. It was the same forest he had just left on the other side. The same birds and sky, just what the heck was going on here? Suddenly, the marines surrounded him again.

“Okay men, let’s spread out and see what we can find.” O’Neill led the search party forward down the trail.

The search party had gone approximately two miles when the silence was broken by the shouts of discovery. It was an abandoned Goa’uld cargo ship.

“Teal’C is that thing operational?” O’Neill couldn’t hide the panic in his voice when he spoke. Teal’C inspected the craft inside and out and concluded, “The craft had been abandoned for sometime. It’s still capable of a short flight but not much more as it is an antiquated craft. Probably abandoned centuries ago, by former inhabitants.”

“Let’s just hope they are former inhabitants. We’ll leave it for now. Let’s go boys I want to get a little further before night fall.” Jack led the troops further into the forest.

That night, sitting around the campfire, Jack kept staring at his wristwatch. He leaned over to Teal’C and commented. “You know something else I discovered is strange about this planet?”

“ What would that be Colonel O’Neill?” Teal’C raised his right eyebrow at Jack.

“Look at your watch. It’s summer time on this planet. If your watch reads like mine does, it says it is only five in the afternoon, yet it’s pitch black out here.”

“That is indeed what my watch reads also. Very interesting indeed, Colonel O’Neill.”

Daniel sat in the chair in the doctor’s office not believing what was just told to him. “I’m pregnant again, but how can that be? I’ve been taking my birth control every day. What happened, it wasn’t supposed to fail?” He was devastated, what was going to happen to their plans to escape. All because of him, all because of him, they were going to be stuck here.

“Daniel, listen to me. It wasn’t your fault. The medication was just not at the right strength for you. It happens, we just didn’t want it to happen so soon to you. Now with you being pregnant again, I want to keep a closer eye on you this time. I’ll want to see you again, next week. Okay?”

“What, oh yea, next week, sure. No dammit, I can’t. Sam and I are going on this caravan that’s leaving tomorrow. If I’m pregnant we can’t leave and we must go. I won’t be the cause of our being stuck here any longer, do you hear me, and I won’t. Now I know you have to record every pregnancy and birth, but I beg you don’t record mine until after we are gone, please, please I am begging you to do this one thing for us. I’ll get on my hands and knees, if that is what it will take for you to take heart and do this one kind act for us, please.” He pleaded with all his might, hoping that maybe somewhere, somehow he could say something that would touch her heart enough for her to do this one act of generosity.

“I shouldn’t do this, but I know you are not from here. I’m not sure if you really are from the Eastern Territory, but I know that what the Queen has planned for you isn’t right either. It will mean that I will be punished, but I don’t care. I’ll do as you ask. So what ever you have planned, do not tell me, just do it, and do it quickly.” She knew in her heart that the Queen would somehow find out and it would mean her death, but in her death would come victory. Victory for all the males like Daniel would never have to suffer for the personal gain of a Queen like Le’Ana.

“What do you mean, what the Queen has planned for us?”

“She plans to keep you and others of your kind impregnated to build up her breeding stock of males. She never plans to let you leave here. She had me purposely give you some herbs to counter your birth control medication. Now leave here before I change my mind about informing on you.”

“Thank you doctor, thank you.” He kissed her on the cheek. He hurried from her office to finalize their plans. He had to keep his pregnancy from Sam for all their sakes, if they were to get off of this planet and back to earth.

* * * * * * * *

“How did your check up go Daniel?” Sam smiled as she packed another bundle of baby supplies.

“It went just great, everything is fine. What’s left to be done?’ He hoped that she didn’t see that he was trying to be evasive. He just wanted to get on that caravan and get out of here before anyone discovered anything.

“I’ve packed just about everything. We’ll have to do with just one bundle each of necessities, because little guy here needs three just for him.” Sam tickled William as he laughed and cooed while lying in his crib.

“That’s fine, we’ll be out of here soon enough that it won’t matter.”

“Daniel, what’s the matter, is there something wrong?” She knew Daniel well enough by now that she could feel something was not right.

“Just impatient to get off of this planet and get back to our real home again.” He knew she would find out his secret after they got back to earth. He didn’t care, he might be stuck in the hospital being poked and probed because of his oddity. He just didn’t care so long as he got off of this planet with his family. The next morning they were at the caravan with about a hundred fifty other warriors, guards, shopkeepers and others with their mates.

They found the horse Sam had lined up for Daniel to ride while caring for the baby. It was not a normal horse, you would expect to find on Earth. This one was a cross between a lion and an elephant. It was as gentle as a kitten, but it had a roar like a bear. He helped her to load the horse and then climbed aboard with William in tow. Daniel then proceeded to wait for the leader of the caravan to give the signal for the long trip to begin.

A half-hour later they were still waiting, when they heard some commotion down near the end. “What’s going on down at the end of the caravan?” Daniel pointed to a group of about twenty mistresses and their mates huddled around a horse with a large lump under a blanket.

“I don’t know but I’ll find out and let you know. Don’t get off this horse, do you understand me?” She said pointing her finger in his face to make sure he got the point. Once she was assured he understood she left to go check it out, to make sure it wasn’t anything to worry about.

“Well Daniel, it seems the Grand Council is having the head of the executed female prisoner transported in this caravan as a warning to the marauders. It’s supposed to be a show of strength, to let the other clan know just how strong this territorial clan is, that they are all powerful. It’s nothing for us to concern ourselves with. I’m going to go ahead and find out what is holding up the caravan. I’ll be back soon.” The unexpected hold up was beginning to worry her. Everything was going fine so far, or so she thought.

“Doctor Ishmael, it’s so good to see you in person again.” Queen Le’Ana had on one of her most evil grins. She was holding several pages of a report as she stood up from behind her desk and walked over to where Doctor Ishmael was standing. “The reason I had you brought here was to ask how Daniel’s check up went yesterday. It was scheduled for yesterday correct?”

“Oh, uhm, yyyes, it was, I meant to talk to you about it, but so many things came up, it just slipped my mind. I’m so sorry about that slip-up, your Highness, I really did mean to contact you about it.” From the look on her face, Doctor Ishmael knew then her deception was discovered. It would certainly mean death for her, but it didn’t matter just as long as it helped to buy time for Sam and Daniel to escape back to their homeland and to freedom.

“Then it’s a good thing I have my sources go over your work everyday now isn’t it? Just to make sure nothing is forgotten in the day-to-day routine. Otherwise I would not have known that Daniel was indeed pregnant again, would I? Now, putting that together with Warrior Samantha’s insistence on she and her mate going on this caravan, this particular raiding caravan, it all begins to be quite clear. They have somehow managed to convince you to help them to escape back to their homeland, where they will immediately inform their Queen of my intentions. Then they will overtake our land and we will all lose our heads. But you see; your plan has failed. I know about Daniel, your concubines’ attempt to inform the Eastern Territory, and Samantha and Daniel’s plan to escape the raiding caravan and taking a short cut back to their territory to inform on us. But you see, what you don’t know is you will be the only one losing their head over this.” Her grin was getting even more evil than Doctor Ishmael had ever thought possible.

“Wait, your Majesty, I am the only one who has experience in making the special elixir. If I am beheaded, how do you know that your friends will know the correct measurements to use?” It was a gamble, but she had to try and save her own life first if she was to have a shot at saving Sam and Daniel.

“Your right, I am glad you are thinking for once. Then you shall be placed in prison until such time as you are no longer needed, then you will lose your head.” On that note she signaled for her guards to take the unfortunate doctor to her prison cell.

Sam came back to where Daniel and William were waiting. She was frightened, unsure just what was going on, but it gave her a sinking feeling. They had told her the Queen wanted them to wait until further instruction before they could leave. They didn’t know themselves what was happening.

“Daniel, get down from the horse, now!” she reached up to take William from his arms.

“What’s going on Sam, I know that face. Something is going on, tell me.” Fear was beginning to register in his face. Something in the pit of his stomach told him, they were never going to make it.

“I don’t know, but the Queen told the caravan it couldn’t leave until further notice. It’s just a feeling I have but something is very wrong. I think we should make a run for the forest now if we are to have any chance to get out of here.”

“Not with the Queen’s property you don’t.” It was one of the guards, and she was holding a lance laser right at Sam’s head. A dozen more guards quickly surrounded them.

“What’s going on here, we have permission from the Queen herself to be on this caravan?” Daniel was in total disbelief at what was happening. One of the guards struck Daniel in the abdomen, causing him to double over.

“Not in the stomach, you fool, do you want him to lose his child and have the Queen behead you?”

“Daniel, are they saying, you are pregnant again? Why didn’t you tell me? I’m your wife, you should have told me.” Daniel could see the hurt in her eyes from his deception. He would have to make her understand why he felt it was necessary.

The guards lifted Daniel up off the ground and returned them to the city and to Le’Ana chamber.

“Did you really think I was that much of a fool? That I would just let you walk out of here and back to your territory to inform them of my plans?”

“Leave her out of this, it was all my doing, if anyone should be punished, it should be me.” Daniel hoped with him being pregnant, the Queen would only hold him here and let Sam and William go. After all it was him she wanted most of all.

“If you weren’t in a difficult pregnancy I would have you whipped for speaking to me in that fashion.” Le’Ana was furious that Daniel had dared to speak like that to her in front of her guards. Him a lowly insolate male. “But don’t worry, you will pay in other ways. You see I have big plans for you. You will be my most popular concubine, baring one child right after the other, starting with mine. You’ll be so busy you won’t have time to think of escaping ever again.”

Le’Ana took Daniel’s face in her hand and planted a kiss on his lips, causing him to spit back in her face. This final insult just angered her more. She turned to her guards and screeched, “Guards take him to the maternity ward.”

“Now as for you,” She turned to Sam and continued, ”You will no longer be on the hunting parties. You’ll be confined to a prison cell. All food, clothing anything else you require will be brought to you. I’m not so cruel as to keep a child from its birthing parent. I will allow you to take your child to see Daniel once a day, but only with a guard as escort. Now take her out of my sight, she’s making me ill.”

Sam broke down in tears once she was inside of the prison cell. What was she going to do now? They were so close to freedom and now it was taken snatched away. How was she going to help Daniel, when she couldn’t even help herself and now they are being kept apart? What was going to happen to their new baby? “Jack where the hell are you?” Sam cried.

* * * * * * * *

Daniel was taken to his hospital room and once they changed him into pajamas the doctor walked in and announced she needed to examine him.

“Where’s Doctor Israel, she’s my doctor?” He hoped to have at least one friendly face left to talk to and maybe pass messages back to Sam.

“Not any longer, she has an extended stay in prison to look forward too. Now if you will just co-operate and do as your told we will get along just fine.” She pushed Daniel back on the bed and opened his pajama top to examine him.

This was going to be unbearable. How was he going to get out of this? For now he just let them do their thing and hopefully the rest of the time they would leave him alone to wallow in his misery.

* * * * * * * *

He just laid in bed, not interested in anything. They tried to interest him in handcrafts, needlepoint, or even just getting out of bed and walking around. But he would just lie there in bed without any interest in anything. He even refused visits from Sam and William. He would only eat what was forced down him.

“Look for your child’s sake you need to get out of this depression and eat better. You do want a healthy child don’t you?” Doctor Jaspera was at her wits end. She just didn’t know what else to do. They were already forcing everything down him they could. But something had to be done about his depression. If it wasn’t broken soon, they feared more severe complications would arise with this pregnancy, than has with the last one. Daniel wouldn’t even try to survive. This they could not allow to happen.

* * * * * * * *

“What is being done to improve the health of Daniel?” Queen Le’Ana was demanding an answer. Ever since their recapture Daniel’s health had rapidly declined.

“We have tried everything we know to pull him out of this depression, but to no avail.” Doctor Jaspera didn’t know what else to say.

“Have you brought his mate and child from their prison cell to visit with him?”

“Yes, but it has no effect on him. He doesn’t react to them at all. It’s as if he has given up.” The doctor now stood wringing her hands ever fearful of the Queen’s wrath. Would she be next, to lose her head just as her predecessor was about to? She sincerely hoped not.

“Have you tried asking him what it would take to bring him out of this depression?”

“Why no, my Queen we have not as yet.”

“You incompetent fool. Then do it and do it now. Grant him any wish he asks for except his freedom. I would rather he be dead than to let him leave here with his children,” She demanded. For she was not about to lose her prized male not to anyone not even to himself!

* * * * * * * *

“Daniel, the Queen would like to know what would it take to release you from this depression. What ever you would like it shall be done, with the exception of granting your freedom of course.” The doctor was hoping that Daniel would co-operate so the Queen would be in a better mood. For when she was upset, everyone paid dearly for it.

“I see, so the great Queen is upset I am not jumping for joy over being held hostage and being used against my will, mind you, as breeding cattle!” Daniel’s eyes glared as he clutched his abdomen when a sudden spasm of pain hit.

“Please calm down. Your anger is hurting your child! Please tell us what we can do to help you.”

“You really want to know what would help? Release my wife and child from prison and let them stay in our apartment together and I’ll do my damnedest to get in a better frame of mind.” Daniel turned his back to the doctor wishing only to be left alone again.

* * * * * * * *

“What are you talking about, the Queen never releases anyone. Sam was puzzled by this unusual turn of events.

“It was your mates request you be removed from this prison and returned to your quarters.”

“Well I refuse to leave this prison until Daniel is returned to our apartment also. Go tell that to your high and mighty Queen.” It was the most defiant Sam could remember being in an extremely long time. Just whom did Daniel think he was ordering her around when she’s supposed to be the boss while on this planet?

* * * * * * * *

“Your highness, we have a slight problem fulfilling Daniel’s request. It seems his mate is refusing to leave her prison cell until Daniel is returned to their apartment where she can care for him herself, under my supervision of course.” Doctor Jaspera stated trying to anticipate the Queen’s mood, hoping it would be somewhat pleasant.

“Do I have to do everything around here myself? Just do it. I don’t care how or when, just do it! Do you hear me, just do it!” The Queen was infuriated at all the imbeciles she felt she had working for her.

* * * * * * * *

“Warrior Samantha, we are releasing your mate from his hospital room into your care, supervised by his doctor of course, according to the expressed wishes of the Queen.” The guard held the prison cell door open for Sam and William. Once they were at the apartment it was only a matter of minutes until the guards arrived carrying Daniel.

The guards carried Daniel into the bedroom and helped him in bed. After they had left Sam gave Daniel the biggest and hardest hug and kiss she could muster. Then asked him just what the hell was going on.

“I didn’t co-operate any more than was absolutely necessary. They became so incensed with me they finally made the Queen give me any wish I wanted with the notable exception of my freedom. That is why I am here now. But as soon as I become a little stronger we will leave this place through the passages that I discovered and out through the secret door and then out to the trail.” He was happy at the thought he hopefully had outwitted them.

“But Daniel we already tried to leave, on the caravan and it didn’t work. What’s going to make this a better idea?” Sam was tired of trying to escape. She was ready to finally give up on the idea of ever getting out of this place.

“Because we will leave at night when there are only a few guards and nurses on duty. I’ve also been watching the guards in the courtyard and the surrounding fields as far as I can glimpse from my hospital window. Therefore we escape at night. It will be several hours before they notice we are gone.” Daniel beamed from ear to ear at the thought that maybe he just may be able to salvage this giant screw up he felt he caused.

“Just when do you think you would like to try this little escape party of yours?” Sam hoped he would be sensible and wait until he looked in better shape. At this moment he didn’t look like he could walk five steps much less than five miles!

“To lull them into a false sense of security I think we should wait a few days first. Then just as they think we are going to behave, we run out of here as fast as our feet can carry us.” He vowed he was going to do everything in his power to make himself in the best shape for their daring nighttime escape.

During the next two weeks Daniel did flourish. Much to the delight of the doctor, Daniel was regaining his healthy glow and was finally putting on weight. It was on this occasion; Daniel decided it was time for their daring escape. He helped Sam pack only the necessities they needed and then they crept down the hallways praying no one saw them.

Daniel was doing his best to remember the path he had discovered that led to the outside door. He and Sam with William in tow were racing down the corridors. They came upon a door that seemed familiar. Daniel opened it and yes, it led out to the courtyard. He ran to the outside wall and began to push on the blocks until he found the one that opened the secret door. They dashed out into the night and freedom. They raced in a crisscross path through the open field and into the forest, hoping to elude the guards that were out. Sam doing her best to use some of the skills she learned from the warriors themselves.

They traveled as far as they dared that night. They were too afraid to make a campfire that might attract the warriors. They were sure that the hospital staff knew of his escape by now and was summoning the Queen and her guards.

They had huddled together for comfort. They talked for a while about how best to elude the warriors and guards that surely were being sent after them. Then to help change the subject and to reassure herself she had made the right decision for the both of them, she asked him how he was feeling. Assured that everything so far was fine with Daniel and the baby, they turned in for the night to sleep as best they could.

The next morning they knew their disappearance from the fortress was discovered, when they saw warriors racing into the forest.

They moved as fast as they could, going deeper into the forest. They hoped to find the correct trail soon that would lead them out and into freedom.

Later on the third night of their travel after they made camp, Daniel whispered to Sam that he thought the area looked familiar.

“I was thinking the same thing Daniel. That mountain ridge is where I think they brought us out of the forest. They carried us for about five miles through the forest so I’m estimating the gate is about seven miles from here. Do you think you can last that long?

The flames from the campfire let Daniel see the look of concern on her face. He gently placed his hand on her cheek and let his lips brush against hers. His whisper was barely audible to her ears. He said. “Don’t worry about me or our child, I’ll run like the wind if I have to.”

“We’ll leave in an hour after William wakes and has had breakfast. I don’t want any unnecessary crying to alert any guards that are out there. I’ll keep an eye on them. When they walk in the other direction, I’ll signal to you to run deeper into the forest as quickly as you can. I’ll follow as soon as I’m sure you weren’t seen or heard.”

* * * * * * * *

“Go Daniel, and don’t look back.” Sam whispered fiercely, as she shoved him into the forest. A few minutes later Daniel heard her heavy breathing as she came running up beside him.

“I bought us a few extra minutes of time, should they discover our location early.”

“ How did you do that?” he asked in between gasps of air.

“I strung up one of the net traps like the one they caught us in when we first arrived on this planet.” She said with a grin.

“Pure genius, Sam, pure genius.” Daniel said as a grin quickly spread across his face.

They walked at as fast a walk as Daniel could manage. He didn’t realize how easy he would tire out because of the extra load he was carrying. They both didn’t count on how early the sun rose in the mountains on this planet. Suddenly a scream pierced the morning air. That could only mean that the net was sprung. There was the chaos Sam had planned, much too early for it to help them out. It would lead the other warriors to this location and into the direction they had taken. A few seconds later there was the sudden sound of explosions and gunfire going off in the opposite direction from which they traveled. Daniel and Sam picked up the pace as much as they could. They wanted to put as much distance between them and the Amazons as fast as they could.

They hadn’t gone vary far when guards and warriors surrounded them on all sides.

“No, oh no, not again, Sam I can’t go through this again. Please tell me they aren’t really there.” Daniel was just completely taken aback. It seemed that no matter what they tried it just didn’t work out. It was his fault entirely. If only he could have run faster, not been pregnant the second time, they would have made it this time.

“I’m sorry to say it but they are here and they will be taking us back to the delightful queen with her gracious personality.” Sam’s try at sarcastic humor didn’t succeed in hiding her disappointment in their failed escape.

* * * * * * * *

They stumbled as the butt of the laser rifles connected with their backs, forcing them into the throne room of their vile and detested captor. “Well I see you had to try again. When will you learn you cannot escape me or my warriors?” Le’Ana’s gave a sinister laugh, then ordered her guards to take Sam and baby William to the prison section and a Daniel back to the maternity ward.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you,” Daniel wrenched his arm away from the guard and gave a sly little smile at the evil Queen.

“And why would that be, little man?” She couldn’t think of anything he could say that would make a difference.

“Because if you dare put them in prison, I’ll do anything that I can to bring harm not only to myself, but also to the baby.”

“You wouldn’t do that. You love your child too much to allow anything within your power to harm him.” She now felt that she had the upper hand, since she knew them so well.

“I would rather let my child and myself die than to let you control us.” There was fire in Daniel’s eyes and he squared his jaw in defiance. At this moment he knew he had the upper hand.

“You wouldn’t dare!” She half-heartedly didn’t believe him, but couldn’t let him get away with defying her in front of her subjects.

“Oh wouldn’t I,” Daniel ran towards the open window and started to climb out. The guards ran after him and tried to pull him back inside.

“Stop, I’ll do as you say. For now anyway, but no more stunts, do you hear me?” She hated to be outsmarted in from of her guards, but she had no choice but to give in.

“Fine, then the three of us will go back to our apartment, for now.” Daniel said with a smile on his face knowing that he had won the upper hand; he turned to leave with Sam with William in tow.

“Stop!” Screeched the Queen. “Just one moment. Guards thirty lashes to the female. Just to remind you as to who is in control here.”

“What? No, you can’t do that! I already promised we wouldn’t try to escape again.” Daniel did his best to understand just when he had lost his hard won victory; as he struggled to break lose from the guards that held him back while he held William protectively in his arms, as two other guards held Sam down. A fifth guard held a cruel looking five foot bull whip bent forward ripping open the back of Sam’s tunic.

Then without warning the bullwhip cracked its way across Sam’s back. Daniel was stunned into silence as the tears began to fall on his grief stricken face. He could do little more than bare witness to this cruel punishment that he had caused, as the guards held his face tightly, forcing him to look forward at Sam.

Sam tried to catch her breath after she felt the unexpected sting of the first blow first strike her bare back. When she dared to glance up at Daniel hoping he had looked away when the whipping started, she was mortified to see, they had forced him to witness her punishment.

Once the final blow had landed across Sam’s bloodied and torn back, Queen Le’Ana ordered the guards to take them back to their quarters. Then she herself left for her own quarters to stew in her own misery.

Once they had reached their apartment, Daniel grabbed his abdomen in pain. “I don’t think I should have done something that stupid,” was all he could say before he collapsed on the floor.

One of the guards rushed over to the telecommunicator and called for Doctor Jaspera. It was all they could do to help him to the bedroom.

* * * * * * * *

“You’ve slightly torn your pouch. I want you to stay in bed. You’re feet are not to touch the floor at all until I tell you it’s safe. I’ll stop by to examine you twice a day. Should you encounter any unusual pain or bleeding, call me immediately.” As the doctor was leaving, she stopped Sam and told her it was her turn to be examined.

“What did you do to incur the rath of Queen Le’Ana? She hasn’t been angry enough to whip anyone this badly in years!”

“Oh, we just tried to go back to our territory, that’s all.” Sam tried to make her voice sound as casual as she could despite the pain from the gentle probing and cleaning to her fresh cuts.

“Sorry for the discomfort, but I want to make sure they don’t get infected.” After a few more minutes Doctor Jaspera was finished and added, “I want you to come down to the infirmary every morning and evening to have these cuts cleaned and re-bandaged, until they are healed. Understood?”

“Yes, I’ll be there.” Sam acknowledged, and then quickly added, “Thank you.”

“Now I want you to keep a close eye on Daniel. If anything, no matter how minor, should come up I want to be notified immediately. Understood?” The doctor stood to leave, but before she walked through the opened door, Sam answered, “Yes, doctor, I understand.”

On that note Sam closed the door and walked into their bedroom to check on Daniel. Finding him awake, she gently sat on the bed and took this hand in hers saying, “Hey, how are you doing?”

“I’m fine, Sam it’s me who should be asking you how are you doing? Oh, Sam I’m so sorry for getting you hurt like that. I shouldn’t have been so pig headed thinking I could bully someone like her into giving into my demands.” Then the tears began to flow again.

“Shhh”none of that now. None of this was your fault. It was mine. I don’t know what I was thinking believing that I could out smart these warriors. I should have just waited for Colonel O’Neill, instead of being so impatient and trying this on our own. I know he will show up soon.”

“Oh Sam do you know how much I love you?” Daniel smiled up at Sam as she gently wiped away his tears.

“Not anymore than I love you Daniel Jackson, my love.” Sam smiled back at Daniel as her own tears began to gently slide down her own cheeks onto their clasped hands.

* * * * * * * *

Mean while back at the Queen’s quarters---The Queen’s telecommunicator, was buzzing. As she answered it, the image of the Northern Territory Queen materialized. “Drucilla, what an unpleasant surprise. Just what do you want?” It was all Le’Ana could do to be civilized.

“Well Le’ Ana, up to your same old pleasantries I see. Well to cut to the chase as it were, it seems some of my warriors are in your prison and I want you to release them. You had no right to seize them.”

“No right, we had every right to seize them they were in our sector, illegally killing our game.” There wasn’t any way she was going to let this person bully her, especially not after Daniel just got away with it.

“They were not in your sector. Your warriors were in our sector and you know it. As a matter of fact my warriors witnessed some of your warriors taking a couple of Eastern Warriors prisoner. So, if you don’t want an all out war on your hands you had better release all the prisoners right now. Other wise we will be at your back door and take all of your males, young and old. Then we will wipe out every trace of your pathetic existence.”

“Is that a threat? Because if it is, it’s too late! I’m afraid some of the prisoners have already lost their heads as of this morning.” Le’Ana just smile and turned off her telecommunicator, not wishing to speak to Drucilla ever again. How she detested her.

* * * * * * * *

“Colonel, I think there’s something you should see, sir.” They were just about to break camp, when the sentry made a startling discovery. Amazon warriors had surrounded them without being detected.

“Oh, and just what might that be?” O’Neill had no time for games, he was getting very antsy about all the problems he was having trying to locate his companions. They should have found them by now and been back at headquarters. He was fastening the wristband on his watch as he left his tent. Once that was done he looked up at the corporal and spotted the warriors with their lance lasers pointed right at his heart.

“We are friends, we mean no harm, we lost someone and are looking for them---” O’Neill hope they understood what he was saying.

“Cut the bull crap and get moving this way.” The redhead warrior had a look on her face that meant all business.

“Cut the bull crap? Who’s been teaching them earth lingo---Daniel and Sam?” Jack hoped he was on the right track with his thinking.

They were marched down a separate trail from the one they had originally taken. They proceeded approximately six miles until they came upon the warriors’ encampment.

“Well what do we have here? Someone seems to have lost his mate. Tell me, just where are your mistress’ hiding, and why did they allow you to freely roam in the forest knowing there are marauders lurking about?” She was a dark skinned beauty with raven hair. She must be the leader, O’Neill concluded because of her actions and the way the others respected her.

“As I said to the other ladies, we lost a couple of our friends and we are just looking for them so we can go home. We don’t want any problems and we don’t want to cause any problems.” He didn’t know how much plainer he could make it.

“You have friends still hiding in the forest somewhere? Who are they and what are you doing here?” She was sticking the tip of her knife under O’Neill’s chin making it quite clear she was expecting their full co-operation no matter what!

“I’m telling you the truth, we came through the Stargate, just to have a look around. Two of our people disappeared. We have been looking for them now for the last three days. All we want is to find them and go back through the Stargate and back home again never to visit your planet again.” GEEZ he hoped he wouldn’t have to keep repeating himself.

“You came through the Stargate? Are you Goa’uld? Do not lie to me or you will beheaded!” Her look and tone let him know that she meant business.

“We are not Goa’uld, we are human, from earth, we were just out exploring the universe. Seeing what is out there, when we happen to stumble onto your little planet.”

“He is not human, he is Jaffa, a Goa’uld.” She said pointing her laser rifle right at Teal’C’s forehead.

“Do you think that we are fools? We know him and others of his kind. It’s been many generations since they have brought us here, but we still know of them, and we will continue to watch for their return.” She straightened her back in defiance of his statements.

“No we do not believe that you are a fool. Teal’C no longer serves with the Goa’uld. In fact Apophus wants his head on a platter for helping us escape from his grasp.” He hoped that this would finally convince her of his sincerity.

The commander again questioned. “If indeed this is true, what are you doing here, in our sector?”

“Like I keep telling you, we were just exploring this planet. Then two of our friends became lost. They were dressed like us. We then went to find look for them, that is when your girls found us.” Jack was exasperated. He didn’t know what else to say to convince them. It was if roadblocks were purposely being put in their way.

Suddenly one of the warriors walked up to the commander and whispered something to her. The warrior was looking and pointing to them and then back to the commander. She then returned to the group.

“Well it looks like you may be telling us the truth after all. It seems one of our warriors remembers seeing the Western Territory Warriors capturing a couple of people dressed like you several months ago. It would seem they may be in their prison, if the Queen hasn’t already had them beheaded.”

“Several months ago? It couldn’t be Sam and Daniel they’ve only been missing a few days.” Jack wondered who could it be, their weren’t any SG teams missing that he knew about.

“Our missing friends, were dressed like us, but one was a female, with short blonde hair, the other was a male like me only with dark blonde hair and he wore glasses.”

“Glasses what are those?”

“Glasses well let me see how to describe them.” Then he spied a drinking glass on the table. Picking it up he knelt down on the dirt and drew a picture of a pair of glasses, then said to her, “he had these on his nose and the glass like this on his eyes.” He hoped she understood.

“Yes that was them they captured, I saw them!” The young warrior was adamant about it.

It was as if a miracle was being shed upon them.

“Colonel, we can at least check it out, heck if it is some of our people, maybe they know the where abouts of Sam and Daniel, Sir.” The young lieutenant wanted to end the search quickly. This planet was giving him the creeps.

“Alright, we’ll go check it out. Can you give us directions on how to get to this prison?” Jack was sure hoping it was them, but surely the young lady was mistaken about the time frame. Maybe to them months means the same as days to us.

“You will not be able to find it on your own without being captured. We will take you there.” She had ulterior motives in taking them and they just might need their help to get their warriors out of the prison.

“Alright when we do leave we want to get started as soon as possible in case of any problems.”

“We will leave in one hour,” then she turned to her warriors. “Break camp, we will be leaving for the Western Territory fortress in one hour.”

“We found an old abandoned Goa’uld cargo ship, I’d like to send some of my men back to get it just as a precaution. We might need it later. Will that be okay with you?” If indeed they were at this fortress, he wanted to be prepared as best he could for any situation.

“If you must, it will be alright, just keep it away from us. It’s a vile memory from the past.” She hated that reminder, but there wasn’t any getting away from it, if they really needed it. “Since we will be traveling together for awhile, is there some name I can call you, just to be a little friendlier?” O’Neill was hoping for a small truce between them.

“Commander will be fine.” She wasn’t about to let this Earthman try to smooth talk her. She wasn’t about to let him try and put anything over on her; she had been around to many people to let that happen.