RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +







Story Notes:
Story takes place during the third season of Stargate.



*~*~*~*~*


Prologue

Daniel and Sam figure that it’s just another reconnaissement mission, until they find themselves captured by beautiful Amazon warriors. Being in a female dominated society wouldn’t be so bad, Daniel figured. Heck he might even get to like it a bit, until he and Sam find out what the rulers of the city have in mind for Daniel.

They want to use him to help increase the lower working class male population. They must race against time to find a way out of the fortress and back to the Stargate before it’s too late; before there are a lot of little Daniel Jacksons running around.

CHAPTER 1

A NEW WORLD

Daniel shivered as he stepped out of the Stargate on P2X108. It seemed that no matter how many times he stepped through that thing, he could never get over that sudden chill as he stepped over onto another planet. He adjusted his glasses, which slid slightly down his nose. “Darn those things, I’ll need to get them adjusted when I get back home,” he thought to himself. His eyes began to adjust to the view of the forest before them.

“Wow, this is gorgeous!” he exclaimed as he slowly turned around to look. “It looks just like the forest areas back home. Just look at the beautiful color of the leaves on those trees, and the green plants.” He said as he admired the lush forest that surrounded them in all directions. He stood at just six feet tall with dark blonde hair and sky blue eyes. A noted brilliant archeologist, Daniel never outgrew the childlike naivete and wonder.

“Alright, Danny Boy, enough with the travelogue narrative, we are here to explore, so lets get to it.” Jack O’Neill said as he raised his military issued rifle up and pulled the safety to the off position just in case. Slowly they stepped down the steps and out onto the terrain, Jack and Daniel in front with Teal’C and Sam quickly following behind.

Half an hour later they stopped to catch their breath. The sun was broiling down on them through the open patches in the tree branches above.

“Colonel, I don’t think this planet is inhabited. We haven’t seen any signs of life since we arrived.” Sam wiped the sweat from her face with the sleeve of her right arm. Her bright blue eyes taking in their surrounding.

“I believe that Major Carter is right, O’Neill. There doesn’t appear to be any inhabitants around.” Teal’C glanced around giving his best serious face to Colonel O’Neill. The streaks of sunlight that managed to break through the overhead branches were shining on the golden snake insignia of the Jaffa on Teal’Cs forehead.

Holding the staff weapon in his left hand, Teal’C slowly walked around the small group to get a better view of the surrounding. His army issued camouflage pants and jacket made a soft rustling noise as they brushed against the leaves of the underbrush. At well over six feet, he would have stuck out like a sore thumb, but his training as a Jaffa helped him to blend his bronzed, well developed frame from all but the most tenacious trackers.

Jack had to agree with them, it had been quiet since they landed on this planet, but you could never be too sure or too careful. Standing just slightly shorter than Teal’C, and slighter build, but almost as strong, Jack O’Neill gave a striking profile. He had been in the military for most of his life, and was grateful for the experience. It had saved not only his life on a number of occasions, but also the other members of the SG1 team. Not all the years in the military were good to him, he had to admit, but they were beginning to balance out more toward the good side, at least for now.

“All right one final sweep and then we head for home, kiddies.” He hoped he didn’t sound too sarcastic. Then he added, “Sam, you and Daniel take the left flank, Teal’C and I will take the right. Keep your eyes pealed and becareful.”

“Aye, aye mo Capitan,” Daniel said with a wide grin, as he and Samantha headed into the brush, trying to be as quiet as possible.

* * * * * * * *

They had gone a little more than a mile into the dense under brush. Daniel kept swatting at the native insects all the while cursing under his breath. He looked to his right and then to his left, suddenly he felt the ground and sky changed places so fast his heart felt like it was going to beat out of his chest.

“Just what the hell happened?” He asked a little louder than he meant to, the bewilderment showing in his face.

“I think we just made contact with the inhabitants of this planet, Daniel.” Sam’s face showed the humiliation that she felt at allowing them to be captured in such a primitive manner. Their captors turned out to be tall, beautiful women. Daniel looked on in admiration and amazement at how well they were able to capture them so efficiently and quietly.

“Me Samantha Carter, me friend.” Sam hoped that their captors understood just what she was trying to convey that they didn’t mean any harm to them. And she hoped that no harm would come to her and Daniel. She silently prayed that she would remember some little something that she had learned from her training in the military that she could use right now. She wondered just how she was going to explain to the Colonel and the General just how she managed to get herself and Daniel captured so quickly and easily, and in such a primitive manner.

“Right now would be a good time for Jack and Teal’C to miraculously come to our rescue. Just any time right now would be perfect. Any second now, come on any second now, any time now Colonel,” Daniel muttered to no one in particular. After what he thought was several minutes, but when he checked his watch the reality set in as it showed it had only a few seconds. The fear began to grow in him that they were not going to be rescued any time soon. All he could hope for now was that Jack and Teal’C managed to escape being captured and would be able to rescue them before any harm befell them.

The leader of the group pointed to the net and the ground. Suddenly the net made a swooshing sound and the ground came up so sudden that their lungs ached from the air being knocked out of them. They were picked up just as efficiently and quickly as they had fallen to the ground. They began to swing back and forth as their captors carried them while they were still bound in the net.

“Excuse me, yoo-hoo, excuse me, is this really necessary, I mean we are capable of walking.”

“Yeeeoooooch, that hurt,” Daniel was not expecting the captor nearest to him to hit with such velocity when he was simply asking what he felt was just a simple question.

“Silence, or you will be punished again,” The leader of the group said sternly. Her eyes were cold and unfeeling. They somehow didn’t go with her soft and angelic face and a knockout figure that you would find on almost any pinup poster found in any red blooded GI ‘s locker.

* * * * * * * *

They had searched through the underbrush for nearly five miles when Teal’C suddenly broke the silence by announcing what they already knew.

“Colonel O’Neill, as I had stated before, there doesn’t appear to be any inhabitants on this planet.”

“Yea, I think you’re right. Let’s meet up with Daniel and Sam and get home.” They walked for nearly half an hour to the rendezvous area, but no Daniel and Sam. “Daniel! Sam!” Jack shouted for his teammates for several minutes before turning to Teal’C and asking, “Do you see anything? Hear anything?”

“I do not. I also I do not believe they would purposely be late, just to annoy you O’Neill.”

“Yeah, I know, something is not right. I don’t know how, but we missed someone or something. Let’s keep our eyes pealed and find them, they may be in trouble.”

They had only searched for a few yards when Teal suddenly called to O’Neill that he had found something. “I have found a hat, it has Daniel Jackson’s name inside of it. It was almost hidden under this bush.”

Jack took the hat in his hands and inspected it for any little clue that it might hold. He slowly looked from the hat to Teal’C. When their eyes met, no words were need for they knew that both had the same thought that something was terribly wrong, something bad had happened to their friends.

“Alright, something definitely is very wrong and I think we are going to need help with this one. Let’s get go back to the DHD and call for some backup. We’ve got only about two hours of daylight left and I don’t want us to be out here alone.” Jack didn’t need to add that last bit, for Teal’C was already heading in the direction of the DHD. Jack said a silent prayer for his friends and quickly followed close behind Teal’C.

* * * * * * * *

General Hammond was startled to here the warning horn signal incoming traffic from the Stargate. He knew that none of the teams were scheduled back for another twelve hours. It could only mean that trouble was at hand. But which one of the four teams that were out at that moment was in trouble. The iris made its familiar swooshing sound. Out of the event horizon walked O’Neill and Teal’C.

“It’s SG1 sir, they are asking for reinforcements to help look for Dr. Jackson and Major Carter. It appears they just disappeared.” The young Lieutenant seated behind the computer console said with a worried look as he glanced up as the General entered the room.

* * * * * * * *

“What do you mean they just disappeared? Nobody just disappears Colonel.” General Hammond stood in front of the blast shield that looked down onto to the Stargate.

“Just what I said General. They were there. We split up to cover more ground. They didn’t show up at the DHD at the appointed time. We did a sweep of the surrounding area. Teal’c found Daniel’s hat about half a mile north of where we last seen them.” Jack and Teal’C stood on the up ramp, just a few feet from the Stargate Iris. Jack’s face reflected the worry that he and Teal’C felt for the safety of their friends.

“General, we need to get going before too much time lapses and we lose what ever trail we have.”

“I realize that Colonel, but the sad fact is there is not much we can do in the dark. Night has already fallen on the planet; therefore we have to wait for several hours. In the mean time I have two crack units standing by to accompany you at first light. That gives us a few hours to work out a reconnaissance plan.” General Hammond hoped that he sounded more confident than he felt.

Early the next morning General Hammond stood at the ramp leading up to the DHD. He watched as Jack and Teal’c led the young marines to the Iris then, echoing the sentiment of everyone in the room quietly said, “Bring them home safe and sound.”

“We will sir.” With that they walked through to the other side.

General Hammond added quietly, “May God help them”, and then walked back to his office.