RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


CHAPTER TWELVE

BACK TO WORK
Two months later Daniel was well enough to go back to work. He couldn’t believe how the time had flown. He fell in love with being home with their children, and wasn’t quite sure he should leave them in the capable hands of Mrs. Harold, General Hammonds housekeeper.

She seemed to be flourishing from taking care of the boys and occasionally Daniel too. He imagined that it must be what it would have been like to have his own mother around helping out if she had lived. She would have loved being around the boys and Sam. She and Sam would have gotten along so well since they have so much in common.

But the big day arrived for Daniel’s first mission away from the children. Daniel put on his reconnaissement gear and getting ready to walk up the embarkment ramp and to the iris, when he suddenly stopped and turned to Sam, “I can’t do this. I can’t leave the boys Sam they still need me. It will be too traumatic if both of us leave them for the entire length of this mission. Since you are in better health than I am, I logically should be the one to stay behind and care for them.”

“Oh really, Daniel? We have been going over this for the last two weeks. You are in perfect health now. The children are just fine with Mrs. Harold; you are driving every one crazy, especially me. Now there are no ifs, ands or buts, you will get your butt up that ramp and you will go through the iris with the rest of us. You will complete this mission to the best of your ability, do you hear me mister?”

She couldn’t help it if she sounded like a madman right now, but she just had had it with his preoccupation with the boys. She loved them too, but enough was enough.

“But our children still need me.” Daniel insisted again.

“No they don’t.” Sam tried to be as firm as she could without getting violent with him. “What they need is time away from you. You are smothering them. Now get on that ramp or I will drag you up that ramp any way that I can. Now march! General Hammond and his housekeeper are taking excellent care of them. They will be fine until we come back, so stop worrying about them. They won’t forget you in the short time we will be gone.”

“Are you sure they won’t forget me,” he asked? Daniel was uncertain of how an infant’s mind worked.

“Yes I am sure. Now get a move on it. You’re holding us up.”

“Thank you, Major Carter for getting him up the ramp and through the event horizon. Quite frankly he was beginning to piss me off!” General Hammond was grateful that was finally over.

“No problem sir.” She replied and followed her husband through the iris.

Jack turned to Teal’C and says, “You can pay me the twenty bucks when we return. Oh and remind me to never piss her off.”

Teal’C slightly raised his left eyebrow and answers “It will be a pleasure to remind you most often.” Then they walk through the event horizon to join Daniel and Sam on the other side. Unsure of what new adventure awaits them.

The End