RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


CHAPTER TEN

A PARENTS LOVE

The light was so bright and mesmerizing, it blinded Daniel at first. Then his eyes slowly began to adjust. He looked around trying to figure out were he was and just how he got there. It was all so confusing to Daniel. He seemed to be moving; yet he wasn’t moving his legs. He couldn’t remember the last time he felt so warm and so loved.

There was something in the distance. He couldn’t quite make out what it was. All at once it seemed to be moving closer. It seemed to be taking humanoid shape. It was all so confusing to him, because now it looked like it was splitting into two humans. Now the two human shapes are turning into his parents! How can this be? It didn’t make any since. How can his parents be here? They’ve been dead for more than twenty years? It just didn’t make any since---unless---- he was dead also! He had to swallow a couple of times to get his courage up to ask, ”Am I, am I dead?”

“At this instance yes, you are dead.” His parents said in unison.

“Then, tell me truthfully, are you really my parents or just a figment of my dead imagination.” He folded his arms across his chest and took a couple of deep breaths, not really sure he wanted an answer.

“We were at one time your parents. Now we are your guardians in your lifetime, and your children’s lifetime guardians.” Again they jointly spoke.

“What happens now I am dead, do I just hang around for a couple of centuries doing nothing or am I suppose to go somewhere or do something or what?”

“Daniel, we must first ask you a question.”

“Mom, Dad, do you think only one of you could talk at a time? This is a little unnerving to have you both talking at the same time like this, this is a little weird here.” He was beginning to pace around, a little nervous habit he had picked-up over the years, since his parents death.

“Of course, son we meant no harm,” It was his mother singularly talking now. “It’s just something you do up here when you have been as close as we have been over the years.”

“What was it you needed to ask me?” His curiosity was peaked now. Just what could they need to know they didn’t already know about him?

“Daniel, do you love Samantha Carter?”

The question caught him off guard. “Yes I love her.”

“How much do you love her?”

“With all my heart. Just what is this line of questioning all about? Come on what gives?”

“Is it not true Daniel, you only married her because these Myosians forced you and Samantha Carter to and also intoxicated you both so you couldn’t resist the marriage ceremony?”

“It is true they intoxicated us, and forced us to marry, but it only made us realize that we truly do love each other no matter what the circumstances.” This line of questioning was beginning to disturb him.

“Then, it could be that you will stop loving her when the chemicals leave your body.”

“No, you see I had fallen in love with Sam, from the first time that I saw her, but I was married to Sha’uri and I chose to remain faithful to her and keep my love for Sam in my heart. But now I no longer have to.”

“Is it also true you have two children because of their medical manipulation of you and Samantha?”

“Yes mom, but what is this all about, why do you keep asking me the same thing over and over for? What’s the purpose of this line of questioning?”

“Daniel do you love your two sons?” It was his father speaking to him now.

“Yes, with all my heart, I love my sons and my new wife. I will always love them.”

“Then why do you want to leave them?” Both of his parents were questioning him this time.

“I don’t want to leave them, it was just my time to die or I wouldn’t be here right?”

“You had to want to leave them for you to be here now, instead of fighting to stay with them.”

“I did fight, but everything was stacked against me. I was so exhausted and I had lost so much blood, I even heard the doctors say they didn’t know what was keeping me alive. It was just my time.” As Daniel spoke, he was suddenly aware of the presence a very pretty blonde teenage girl. She had the most sparkling blue eyes that he could ever recall had joined them. Was he so engrossed in speaking with his parents that he just didn’t notice her arrival? How long was she here? Who is she? What were they whispering to each other about that that make her smile turned to the saddest face that he had seen in a very long time.

She approached him and asked ”Daddy why don’t you want me to be born? Don’t you want a little girl?”

Daniel was so shocked. It never occurred to him there might be other children involved.

“Oh, no I’m not going through another pregnancy, I can’t. My body just wouldn’t take it. I would love to have someone as beautiful as you for my daughter believe me, but my body just wouldn’t take another pregnancy. You see what this one did to me.”

She looked surprised at him and spoke,” Excuse me, but who said you would be the one to give birth to me?’

“Uh, no one, but I just thought---.

“Well, daddy, you thought wrong. We females normally are the ones to have the babies, remember?” She looked more like the adult than Daniel did at that moment.

Daniel’s father placed a hand on his shoulder and said to him, “My son, you need to go back, not only for your daughter sake, but without you, there will not be a great discovery in the future.”

“What great discovery are you talking about?” There was so many to choose from, Daniel couldn’t begin to fathom what it could be.

“What does it matter, you will not be their to discover it. Therefore it will remain undiscovered.” Daniel’s father was beginning to wonder just what would it take to get through to him. He could not comprehend where Daniel got his bull headedness from, his mother felt she knew instantly, but just try convincing her husband.

Then Daniel’s youngest son appeared in his arms. “Oh, no, know you see, son, without you there to give him words of encouragement, his little heart gave out. Without him, your world just lost a very important President, it will need him in the trouble times ahead.”

“My son, a president of the United States, I can’t believe it. Every parent dreams that someday, their child will be the next president.”

“He won’t be now, not with you gone. He won’t have a chance to get any older. And your Daughter won’t have a chance to help you with the world’s greatest discovery. All of it will never happen. William will never get to be chief justice of the Supreme Court. Now his future says he will spend most of his time in prison.”

“In prison, not my son, not with Sam as his mother.” He stated defiantly.

“Sam won’t be able to do anything about it. She will be too busy trying to make a living for the two of them and try to keep bailing him out of jail, that in it self was very hard on her. She lost interest in her career in the military. She worked two jobs most of the time; just trying to make ends meet.

“For you see, she doesn’t remarry. You were the one true love of her life, and then she lost you. And she never truly got over loosing little Timothy Alexander. How does any parent truly get over loosing a child? It will always tear at their heart to some degree.” His father hoped he was finally getting through to him just how much he was needed back home.

“Sam needs you to help her with your sons, and your sons need you very much in more ways you can count. Please, for their sakes go back. You will be back here again, but son, just not now. ”

“Timothy Alexander? Just were did that name come from?”

“Samantha had to name him something, so with the help from your friends, that was what they came up with.” His mother explained.

“No, no no, I can do better on coming up with a name for him than that.” Daniel turned to his son and said to him ”Don’t get used to the name your mom gave you son, I’ll come up with a better one. And if you plan on becoming president one day then you had better get to cracking those books Jonathan. That’s it! We’ll name you Jonathan Matthew. How do you like the name Jonathan Matthew? Is it all right with you, little one? ” Little Jonathan just smiled and cooed at Daniel and made him smile.

He turned back to his parents and cried, “I have missed you both so much. And I know I am going to miss you even more when I leave here, but I guess I will be gaining a lot more in the greater scheme of things.”

“Son, we are always with you. Always surrounding you with our love and protection. You can talk to us at anytime and to hear us, all you have to do is listen with your heart.”

He smiled and nodded his head yes he understood. Then he turned to his daughter and said,” A daughter uh, I guess I had better learn how to handle a baseball bat better than I do now. I know with your good looks, I am in for a whole lot of trouble.” He gave a little laugh and turned to leave. Just then his daughter ran up to him.

“Daddy, wait,” She stood up on her toes and gave him a kiss on his right cheek. “Remember that’s from me, Ariana.”

“Ariana? That’s what we named you? Kinda nice.” She smiled at him and replied, “No that’s what you named me, Ariana Elizabeth. Bye daddy, time is a wasting.”

“Elizabeth, I named you Elizabeth?”

“Yes son, you named her after me. I thought it was a beautiful, touching gesture. It made me very proud to give my name to such a beautiful girl. Not only is she beautiful in appearance, and in spirit, but most importantly in her heart. You have some of that in you son, and Sam has a lot in her too. We love you son, but it’s time for you and Jonathan to go back.” She knew if she didn’t rush him, it might be too late for him to return.

“I know so I’m saying “until I return always remember I love you.” His parents suddenly vanished in a blink of an eye. And just as quickly Daniel began to feel is body being pulled backward down this star lit tunnel that slowly turned black as a moonless night. There was a sudden return of all the excruciating pain he had felt before dying. He became aware of the sensation of a bed under him. There were sounds, too, voices and noise from machines, muffled but they were there, he was sure of that.