RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Some times I see you hold your pillow tight.

Three weeks. It was three weeks now since that horrible night and that blessed day when he arrived. They finally started to take stock in their lives and see the world again. That's when it hit them. They were not alone. They had each other. But who did he have. One by one the three female occupants of the Summers house wondered that same question.

Lindsey ignored their conversation as he went about fixing their lunches and cleaning the kitchen. He smiled at the thought of him dressed in like a fifties housewife packing lunches and home work to send her brood off to school. He shook it off and went back to wiping off the counter. When he saw his reflection in the counter top he smiled, at least it was not the face of a demon staring at him. He ran a hand through his shoulder length hair and puzzled over whether he should cut it again or let it grow some more.

He had liked the curls.

Definitely going to schedule a trip to the barber shop. Six months of growth ago he had decided that he was going to keep it long. Try and be good again. And then what happens, Moron goes insane and fires his crew. Then he takes a personal vendetta against all that was evil. No that's not right, it started before he let those two psychos loose on the rest of them, on him. He had planned on being a good boy and apologize to tall dark and spiky. But no he had to ruin it all by setting the two bitches on him. Said he didn't care. Didn't love him.

Lindsey looked down at the cracked glass in his hand as the blood ran openly from the cuts. With a clinical outlook he studied the mess. The almost black blood ran in to the water as he merely watched. A scream from behind him broke his concentration.

Dawn cried out as she noticed his glowing eyes. The blue irises glowed around the black pits of his pupils. She stopped as she watched him clean up the glass and blood with the rag and go back to cleaning the dishes as if nothing happened.

Tara and Willow had come running at the beginning of the scream and watched as Lindsey cleaned up the mess. Willow didn't know what to make of this scene but Tara was instantly at his side helping remove the glass shards. When she tried to take them from him he prevented her with a gentle push to the side. She watched with tears as he held a bleeding hand over the pieces and they reformed to a cup in a ball of light. He smiled at her as his eyes returned to normal and he went back to cleaning up the blood with a rag.

They watched in silence as he went about his business cleaning the kitchen. With a glance at the clock again he turned to them and presented them with their lunches. He sighed as they just stared at him. Cocking his head to the side he turned back and pointed at the clock.

Willow was the first one to speak. "Who are you?"

Lindsey gave her a knowing look, like she already knew the answer. When she crossed her arms he turned back to the counter and wrote on a pad of paper marked things to do. He handed it to her and went back to cleaning the kitchen.

Willow read it aloud. "Lindsey. Now go to school or you will be late!" She stopped him again handing him the pen and paper. "What are you?" She ignored Tara's attempts to distract her.

Lindsey sighed, he knew this would happen. His next note took a few minutes as he scribbled as fast as he could. He handed it to her with her lunch and pushed all three out the door.

Willow stood stunned on the back stoop with the others. Tara shrugged and started off to walk Dawn to school then to go to her classes. Willow read aloud as they went.

"I am Lindsey. What I am is a mistake, a punishment for leaving my job. When you work for demons, they tend to frown upon people who try to leave their employment. I am not one to complain about my life, I know it sucks, so I figure why make other people miserable over it. You wanna know what I am. Simple, I'm a Brachy demon, that's pronounced Brat-Key.

"Bet you are wondering how I ended up this way. Well that is not so simple. It started back in L.A. with this really stupid vampire. He just didn't know when to leave well enough alone. Always had to make my life a living hell. I worked for a Law firm controlled by demons so he figured if he screwed me over the lawfirm would suffer. Errr wrong, the firm would sooner kill me then let them be affected by some ass hole Vampire.

"Well one thing led to another and I was facing either death at his hands, death at the hands of the firm, or death at the hands of his psychotic sire. I was really not in to having my heart ripped out for the firm to enjoy so I decided to end it myself. That is when they surprise me by offering something I couldn't refuse. Well like any thing from them it had a price that was too high. By the time I discovered the price it was already too late. So I made good by the offended and made it up to Fang face.

"I sent in my resignation and did one last good deed before I left. Well no good deed goes unpunished. He placed a sign on the back of my truck that said Cops Suck. You can guess what happened next. It was during my incarceration I got the confirmation notice from my bosses that I was fired. A demon named D'Hoffryn paid me a visit one night saying that as a part of my severance package for my years of good work, I was to be promoted one last time. He said a few words, waved his hand at me and in a ball of energy I was transformed in to something from a porn film.

"Five ten, eyes of blue, Blond, and with a hypnotic voice. Did you know they have a sick sense of humor in hell? I can't say a single word with out having everyone around me falling over themselves to get to me. I learned that the hard way in jail. I can fix things, heal things, and cause men to cum in their pants with the sound of my voice. I can't speak with out having men trying to drill me in to the wall with their cocks. See what I mean, sick, a layer who can't speak. But my voice has the exact opposite affect on women. They basically try to kill me every chance they get. So you will forgive me if I don't speak to you Tara or basically anybody for the rest of my life. Which, if this is like the other curses I have heard about from this D'Hoffryn guy, then I am basically immortal until the source of my powers is destroyed. Then I am back to being a good old human. There is more to this story but my hand hurts so have a good day at school. Lindsey."

Willow folded the note and placed it in her book. They walked in silence as they digested the information. Once they reached Dawn's school they told her by and walked off to catch the bus to college. On the bus Willow finally spoke to Tara. "So is it true, your cousin is really a demon?"

Tara nodded. "Yes, I received a letter from him a couple months ago which was just about a week after it happened. He was kinda upset but he could learn to live with it. I mean he has to. Don't worry about it Willow sweetie, he will be fine. Besides if he was a danger to us I would cast a binding spell and have him sent away. He just needs someone to care for, and to be cared for in return."

Willow smiled and laid back in to Tara's arms. "Do you think we could do something for him? You know, a little something to brighten up his life."

"Yeah I think he would like that."

"You think so?"

"Definitely. Well check the magic shop on the way home to see if we can find a spell to help." She smiled as Willow pulled her close and hugged her tight. This was not a good idea, this was a great idea. Paying Lindsey back for all that he has done to help them would make them all feel better.

***************************************************************

Another part of town outside of Willies.

A figure in black with a coat around his head walked in to the bar. Inside he lowered it to reveal his platinum hair. "So what's this about mate?"

The figure at the bar turned to him and smiled. "Hello Spike."

"Well if it aint the Big Poof's Poof? What you want this far from yur territory?"

"Can't I visit an old friend?"

"No."

"What do you know about Lindsey McDonald?"

Spike raised his scared eyebrow. "Why do you ask?"

Darla smiled at him. "Let's just say him and I have some unfinished business." She smiled as she ordered a drink for her great grand childe and offered him a stool.

Now is where we must end our story for this night. Do not be sad for there is still much to come. But that is for another night. Good Night.