RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Am I the one you're holding on to honey?

Sitting in the middle of his bed Lindsey strummed the first cord on his guitar. Feeling the thrum fill the instrument made his heart leap with joy. To be able to play again after nearly a year was a godsend. Forgetting for a moment about what he was he began to sing to the melody of his song. Suddenly a loud crashing came in the kitchen.

Lindsey standing quickly, cursing himself for his stupidity, went in search of the intruder with a battle ax he found upstairs in a trunk filled with weapons. Quietly he wondered in to the main rooms of the house with the ax at the ready. What he saw there shocked him in to action.

Darla was glaring at the house from the dark tinted vehicle. She hated not being able to go out in the sun directly but the price you pay for immortality. Sighing again she wondering why she had even bothered to come here when sending demons to do her work would be so much easier. Oh yeah, demons don't kill each other, much less Sirens. Sorry Brachy Demons. What better punishment for that little whore than to be turned in to the demon equivalent.

When the singing started a dark rage filled her, and mindless of the sun she took off for the house at a dead run. She slammed the back door down cursing slightly at the damned barrier. This was impossible, Spike said the blond bitch was dead. At least the back was shaded from the midday sun.

When she saw the streak of long blond hair she almost started to curse again. That was when she saw the head attached to it and started to laugh. "Well if it isn't the little whore. I told you I would be back to finish what I started. Now invite me in so I can kill you. If you don't I will just wait for the others to come home and kill them one by one until you do."

Lindsey sneered at Darla as he charged after her with the battle ax. Too late he saw the spear gun. "Bitch!" He grunted as he fell to his knees just inside the door way with a spear sticking through his heart.

"Damn it, you never do things the easy way Lindsey. Always got to make it harder on yourself and everyone around you." She growls as she looks around for something which to drag him across the barrier with. Spotting a garden claw she smirks in full vamp mode. Quickly bringing it down in to the back of his hand she drags it across the threshold. She knew she had to hurry, Brachy demons healed faster than vampires and he would soon be waking up. Grabbing his hand she yanked with all her strength and pulled his body through the door way like a snapping rubber band.

Bodily bowling her over and landing on top of her in the middle of the sun drenched yard Lindsey would never know where the last bit of strength came from. Using him as a shield Darla flew back to the car tossing him over the back seat. Inside the car Spike smiled at her.

"Have a lil bit a trouble with the baby human, luv?"

Darla growled at him. "You idiot," Tossing her hair over her shoulder as she cocked her head to the side she glared at the younger vampire. "We are more human than he is. He's a Brachy Demon."

Taking a hit from his cigarette he smirks at her. "Never heard of 'em."

Snorting. "Not surprising considering that you are the fledgling of that half-wit Drusilla."

"Hey, you leave Dru out of this." Spike turns on her with burning eyes as he tosses out the cigarette.

"Gladly. Doesn't matter, she is next after Angelus anyways."

"Fine. Now what do you want with this soding idiot any ways?"

"It's personal!"

"All right, don't get your panties in a twist. I just wanted to know what my role in all of this was."

"Your part is done with. I no longer need your services." She turned to him smiling. "So get out."

"What, in the middle of this god forsaken place? You have to be mad."

Vamping out Darla's smile got even bigger. "Get. Out."

Spike scowled pulling up his coat. "Oh all right then. Fine. Just answer me one question I deserve that. What is so special about this damn demon anyways?"

"Simple, he is the last of his kind, with good reason. Ever hear of a Siren?"

"Yeah some chicks that could mesmerize people with their voices right?"

"Yes, well that legend came from the Brachy demons. Only they were not female, but male, everyone of them. Don't ask why they are pictured as female. Probably some monk who couldn't get over that he was gay so he changed the legends to fit his narrow view of the world." She waved a dismissive hand in the air.

"So you are saying he drives men nut's with lust with the sound of his voice?" He started to laugh. "That has got to be the most ridiculous thing I hav..." Spike stopped talking as the moans started in the back seat. As he as about to turn around to investigate he was shoved out the passenger door in to broad day light. "Shit! Fucking Bitch!" He screamed as he ran for shade covering his body with his coat.

Darla smiled as she looked down on the figure of the moaning Lindsey. She had to fight the urge to kill him again. It doesn't work that way. There were rituals and ceremonies you had to perform, gods to appease and a special dagger laced with the blood of an immortal demon for cutting out his heart. Well there was discovering the source of his power but that would take the fun out of it. Driving off she laughed as she thought of the power his death would bring. Finally she would get her revenge and power back. Then nothing would stop her, not even Angelus and his merry little band of morons.

***************************************************************

Tara and Willow took in the scene of destruction in front of them and immediately summoned a protection spell. Quickly they searched the house for more damage but found nothing beyond the glass of the backdoor window and a battle ax near it. There was almost a half gallon of demon blood on the floor in the middle of the glass. To them it was evident Lindsey was seriously hurt and taken by who ever did this. When Tara found the small garden rake covered in blood she guessed a vampire used it to pull him out of the door with it.

Two hours later the Scooby's were assembled and frightened for the life of their friend. Together they sat in silence after Anya asked if they had a plan.

"So are we just going to sit around and wish everything was okay? Do we even know what took him?" Anya rolled her eyes. "This is helpful. Can't you lesbians like cast a spell or something to find out?"

Xander turned to her trying to silence her once more but she quickly shot him down with a pout level three. "Anya honey what have I told you about being considerate?"

"Xander don't 'Anya honey' me. I know that you think I am being stupid but I have a perfectly valid point."

"No body said you were stupid. It's just that you lack tact when it comes to saying things to people."

"Can we focus on the problem at hand? Does any body know where we can find out about any new vampires in town?" Giles slaps his hand against his head. "Stupid..."

"See even Giles thinks I am stupid."

"Not you, I meant me. Spike would know, even if he has become an outcast he is still a vampire." Taking the earpiece of his glasses out of his mouth he looks around. "Speaking of Spike, does any body know where he is?"

One by one they look at each other. Dawn speaks up above the rest. "I called him but only got his machine. Said he was out with some old friend."

"Spike doesn't have any old friends."

"Except Darla and Drusilla." Willow started to panic. "Do you think that one of them has Lindsey?"

"I don't know, but there is a chance." The old man rubbed his head. "I just wish Buffy were here."

"How about some one better?"

"Angel?"

That's all for tonight dears. Next time we will find out what makes a bad boy tick or is that trick. Good Night.