RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Touched by the sun

burned by the light

changed by heaven tonight.

"Hello Xander." Xander's breath caught in his chest and he hurried over to the beautiful, red haired girl. She gently took him in her arms and they clung to one another.

After a few minutes they broke apart and Xander began to ask questions. "What's going on? Why does it feel wrong to be here?"

Willow smiled and took his hand. She gently led him to a nearby bench and sat them both down. "You aren't meant to be here. You're an immortal."

Xander gaped at her in surprise for several minutes, then found his voice again. "Then why am I here?" he asked fearfully.

"Because the Powers have a very special mission for you, Xander. The Powers have gifted you with visions. These are very special visions. Your visions will lead you to help children; not just human children, but non human children as well. As you know, not all demons are evil. You will be their seer. You will lead the others to protect them," Willow told him gently.

Xander took a deep breath then nodded. "I can do that."

Willow nodded to her friend. "I know you can, but there is more."

That didn't sound good. "What more?"

"You and Oz have a common destiny. Your love was preordained. You are meant to be the parents of the Deliverer. For this to happen you had to be changed."

"Changed how?" Xander asked warily.

"You're to be the mom."

"Eep! Willow, I like being a boy! I don't want to give up my penis!"

Willow giggled, "You won't have to. They have changed your body so that you can bear children. You're no longer human. Because of this you can carry the special child. As it is you are already pregnant."

Xander blinked at her for several minutes, then blurted out the first thing that came to mind. "But I didn't even get to have the fun, sex part!" he protested, as he placed his hands on his stomach.

Willow laughed again and gently kissed his cheek. When she pulled back Xander was quiet and sad again. "Can't you come back?" he asked with tears in his eyes.

Willow tightened her hand around his and shook her head. "I had my time, this is my place now. I don't belong on earth anymore."

"What about Buffy, Joyce and Dawn? Are they here? Are they happy? Do you know where Jesse is?" He asked the questions all at once.

"They're all fine. Most of the time we don't even remember we're dead. The only reason I remember now is because the Powers wanted me to be the one to tell you about the changes your life and body are undergoing.

Xander pulled her tightly into his arms and clung to her for several moments. "Will I ever see you again?" he asked brokenly.

"Someday, but remember the dead can hear your thoughts. I love you, Xander, it's time for you to go now," Willow told him and pressed a kiss to his cheek.

"Wait, not yet!" There was no answer as the garden faded away.

Oz sat in silence, caught up in his grief and staring at Xander's body. Xander was dead. He couldn't believe that it was real. Xander, his love, was dead. Anya was crying and clinging tightly to Fred. "This isn't right, he can't be dead," she wailed.

Fred opened her mouth to soothe Anya, but her words turned to a gasp as Xander's body began to shake and shudder. Suddenly, drawing in a deep breath, Xander shot into a sitting position. He looked around him in painful confusion. They watched him place his hand over his stomach for a moment, then he saw Wil and he threw himself into the vampire's arms. He sobbed as though his heart were breaking.

After a few minutes Wil stood with the distraught young man and carried him away from the building, with the others following on his heels. There was time enough later to get the story and find out why Xander was alive. For now, they all wanted to be away from the site of so much pain.