RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


To be with you

I would fall from

Heaven's grace

Just to see your face

After the revelation of what Xander had been changed into, the group had begun to research and get in contact with their allies in the demon world. Wil and Angel decided that they would travel to see the Oracles and see if the haughty duo could tell them anything. As well as getting a priestess to perform the bonding ceremony.

While they were gone, Xander had his first vision. It was an horrific and traumatic glimpse into the future. Xander had been so distraught that he had tried to go with them. In the end Faith and Oz had had to hold him while the others tied him to a chair.

They then set out to stop the group of demon hunters from slaughtering a group of Drohsa demon children. Xander was still tied up when Angel and Wil returned, though he had stopped fighting his bonds and was letting Lorne soothe him.

Lorne was relieved to see the two vampires. He wasn't sure how much longer he could have held off untying Xander. The boy was so upset and the trauma of the day before had left him shaken and out of control.

"What the bloody hell is going on here?" Wil growled, stalking over to the pair.

"Xander had a vision. We had to tie him up to keep him from going to stop it himself. From the sounds of it, it was pretty bad," Anya said from where she stood in the doorway.

Faith, Cordy, Gunn and Oz walked through the door and Xander began to struggle again. "Are they alright? Did you get to them?"

"Yes, Xan, they're fine. We got there in time and the babies have been returned to their parents," Oz assured him.

Xander slumped over in relief. "Can you untie me now?" he asked in a small voice. He was ashamed of his behavior and wondered if each vision would have him acting this way.

Lorne untied him before anyone else could comment and they watched as he stood, stretching and looking sheepish. "What did the Oracles say?" he asked suddenly.

Wil sighed. He knew what the boy was doing, but decided to let him get away with the distraction. "They told us that you were to wed. The priestess that married Angel and I will be here in two days to officiate. They also told us that it was the Ancient Powers that chose what form you would take. You don't work for the Powers That Be. You work for the Powers That Are Always," Angel told him.

"Huh? The Powers That Are Always?" Cordy asked. Meanwhile Anya, Lorne, Wes and Giles were looking at Xander in awe.

"The Powers That Are Always are the oldest deities that we know of. They were once referred to as the Greek gods. As their seer and their champion it means that things are going to get bad. The child you carry will be more precious than we thought," Giles said in a hushed, reverent tone.