RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


A miracle has come to pass

Tonight love and life

have brought me from the dark

Miracles happen every day

And we deserve our share

Who's to say today's not the day

Our miracle will come to ensnare

Wil paced around the room, his mind in a whirl. Everyone was watching the vampire pace and wondered what he was thinking. Angel had a fair idea, after all, he and Wil had been raised in an era that demanded marriage with a child. Now that their boy was pregnant, Wil would want some sort of commitment ceremony. Angel smiled and remembered his own bonding day. Xander had been very careful to make sure that the two ceremonies were done by vampire tradition so that no one could claim they were invalid.

Wil ignored him and began to pace again. As he did he spoke aloud to himself. "The east wing will need to be cleaned and repainted. Baby furniture will need to be bought. A doctor found, a priestess as well. If the Powers can knock them up they can marry them. The security around this dump will need to be increased and no more patrolling for Xander. Hotel needs to be kid proofed," he grumbled, and sighed.

"Wil? Buddy, you okay there?" Gunn asked, bemused by the vampire's behavior.

Wil stopped his frantic pacing and looked at Gunn in frustration. "Yes, no. Bloody hell! Xander's having a baby. The bloody buggering Powers got my boy preggers! Do you know how dangerous it is for a woman to bear a child?" When Gunn shook his head Wil growled and began to pace again. "Women die in childbirth. My sister and her babe died. She was very young and the bastard that my father married her off to got her pregnant as soon as possible. he was the first one I ate when I became a vampire. His is one death I don't regret," Wil growled out again.

He was terrified of losing Xander again and could still remember his sister's screams before she died. He shuddered. All of the women in his family had been carefully watched after that and the family had nicknamed him 'Mother Hen' for the way he coddled and cared for them.

Since he his soul had returned Wil had become a strange mixture of the demon and the man he was before Angelus turned him. He was still a romantic, gentle man who cared for those around him and thought that the young should be protected and women fought for. He was also brash and cocky, his humor could be biting and he held a grudge longer than anyone. And only Xander had ever out-matched him in sarcasm.

Angel was reminded once again why Angelus had chosen Wil as his Childe all those years ago. He had wanted to twist the mortal, yet keep a part of him as he had been so that the younger vampire would want to love and care for Drusilla. He had regretted driving Dru crazy before turning her. It had worked against him in the long run.

Another fear was added into the situation in Angel's mind and without thinking he blurted it out. "Dru, what do we do if she comes looking for her kitten again? It's just about time for one of her visits. If she finds out Xander's pregnant she'll never leave." This brought groans of dismay from the entire group. Everyone that is, but Xander, who had to repress a giggle.

Not long after Xander and Anya had come to the Hyperion, Dru had showed up looking for her kitten, something she did every two years or so. Surprisingly, she only talked to Xander, she had never once hurt him. The last time she showed up she stayed for a month. Dru nearly drove every sane person in the hotel insane. She and Xander had spent hours talking and generally ignoring the rest of the world. The Hyena and the Soldier claimed her as part of their family and Xander had always liked the female vampire. She had helped him escape a great many situations with both Spike and Angelus before they were both souled and chipped respectively.

Dru was going to freak when she found out he was pregnant. That is, if she didn't already know.

Xander brought his hands up to cover Oz's and laughed at the joy showing on the other man's face. "I love you, Xander," Oz whispered and kissed him again. When they broke apart they noticed that they were being watched by everyone in the room. Xander blushed and Oz grinned unrepentantly.

Wil was off on another tangent. Raving at the Powers for their insensitivity. "Bloody Powers got my boy pregnant. We don't have enough security, they're not married and we need to start fixing a room up for the nursery." Wil spun back around and his face softened as he looked at Xander. "Did Red tell you what you were having?" Xander shook his head no.

Wil nodded and began to pace again. "Right then, we'll go with neutral colors in the nursery. Then we need to clean and baby proof the hotel. The weapons cabinet needs to be better secured. You girls will need to take him baby shopping. He'll need bigger clothes. We'll need to get Lorne to find us a demon doctor. Xander, no more patrols for you. We'll all have to be more diligent and protective now. Xander is to never be alone in the hotel or outside of it." A glare from Wil stopped any complaints Xander had been about to make.

The others were watching with amusement and fondness. Wil was a softy and extremely protective of Xander. "Angel, you and Lorne will be responsible for getting the Powers to cough up a priestess. Cordelia, you and I will be responsible for the plans for the wedding."

"Um...Wil?"

"Yes, love?" Wil asked, looking over at Fred. She smiled shyly and shifted in her chair.

"Xander and Oz haven't said that they want to get married. They just admitted to loving one another."

"She's got a point there, Wil," Riley added in a shaky voice. He was still stunned by the revelations. Graham was watching Xander with a cross between awe and amusement. He wasn't the only one. Faith looked as though she were going to jump out of her skin. Angel had his inscrutable face on and Gunn was watching every move that Xander made. Wil and Cordy had a look of resolve on their faces which was pretty scary all on its own. The only ones who seemed completely at ease were Oz, Xander, Anya and Fred. The four had packed themselves on the couch and were snuggled down watching Wil pace and bark out orders.

Wil's words brought Riley's attention back to the vampire. "They're getting married. The thrice damned Powers have said that their love was destiny. Part of their sodden destiny is to be married and they're not getting out of it." They watched as his face shifted into his demon visage. Everyone turned to look at Angel, who was glaring right along with Wil.

"There will be a wedding," the elder vampire growled. Wil nodded and let his face shift back to its human visage.

Xander grinned in amusement and looked at Oz, who was still on his lap. "You wanna?" he asked.

"Mine," Oz growled in agreement. The two grinned at one another, then turned to look at Wil.

"So, when do you want to do this, Dad?" Xander asked somberly, even though joy danced in his eyes.

"As soon as possible. We'll have to wait until Lorne and Devon get back. Then Angel and Lorne will go to the Oracles to get a priestess. Wil, you need to get hold of the demon that made yours and Wil's(Angel's ?) bonding rings. I want them by Saturday at the latest. Fred, Faith and Anya, you will get the invitations posted. Wil and I will handle the caterer and the guest list. Wil and I planned the ceremony last time so we know the cleansing rituals and how to prepare for it. Gunn, you and Riley will go and get Oz's parents, and Graham, you and Oz will watch over Xander and generally cater to his every whim. Well, what are you sitting there for? MOVE!" Cordy snapped, and glared at everyone in the room.

Faith took a deep breath and realized that no one else wanted to be the one to explain the facts of time to the planning Cordelia. She guessed she would have to be the brave one. Clearing her throat, she spoke slowly to Cordy.

"Um..Queen C, we can't tonight. It's four am, we'll have to wait until tomorrow to get started." She gulped and smiled blindingly at Cordy when the former cheerleader glared at her. Finally Cordy stopped glaring at her and relented.

"Tomorrow it is then," she snapped.