RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Do I tell you what I feel

Do I trust my heart

Will you leave me

bleeding in the dark

The Hyperion an hour later

Wil shifted his precious burden and walked through the doors of the hotel. Xander had finally stopped crying in the car, but had not released the vampire. Wil did not stop until they reached the den. It was a room built by Xander not long after he arrived and everyone gathered there when the family met or needed to talk.

Angel followed his mate and the boy they had claimed as their living Childe. He could still remember the profound happiness that that day had brought him. Now his boy needed him again. Whatever it was that had given Xander back to them had left its mark on the boy. Cordelia and Oz were nearly falling over each other to be the next in the room. Both of them wanted to touch Xander and make certain that he was really, truly alive. They also wanted to how he was there.

Xander looked up as Wil lowered them to the sofa. He looked around and saw his family, but when he saw Oz he was suddenly afraid. What if Oz hated him? What if he didn't want the baby? A sob came from him and he pressed his face into Wil's neck, seeking comfort.

Wil stroked his hand down Xander's back and gently crooned to the distraught boy. Wil could tell that Cordy was barely holding onto her patience. She had little control over her temper when she was upset. So he wasn't surprised when she suddenly growled.

"Xander! Tell us what's going on! What happened to you? How come you're back from the dead? Why are you afraid of Oz all of a sudden?" The half demon could feel her friend's fear.

Xander straightened away from Wil and moved to sit beside the vampire. He swallowed painfully and looked at the floor. "I saw Willow. She told me that I'm immortal and that the Powers have given me a mission. From now on I'll get visions to have us help human and non-human children," he whispered.

"What else? I know there's more, I can feel it," she snapped. Like the others, she had little liking for the Powers. She felt that they used them and gave nothing but pain in return for their service.

They all watched as he gently placed a hand to his stomach. "Willow told me that the Powers changed me. She told me that I was destined to carry the Deliverer. She told me who the father was and that they had already impregnated me. And she said that Oz was the father. That our love was preordained." Xander shivered and looked up at Oz, who was staring at him in shock.

"I'll understand if you hate me and the baby. I know that you didn't ask for this. Neither of us did, but I want you to know I do love you," Xander told the other boy, sure that Oz hated him now.

"Baby? Mine? Baby? Love me? You love me?" Oz babbled. Any other time seeing the usually stoic man babbling would be funny. at that moment it was shocking.

They all jumped when Fred suddenly squealed. "Xander and Oz are having a baby!"

Anya began to bounce in her seat. "This is good. Too bad you didn't get to have orgasms, but Willow says you love one another so you can later."

Oz looked at her for a second then turned back to Xander. "Mine!" he growled. He then went to Xander and climbed on his lap. The group watched in amusement and surprise as Oz captured Xander in a hot kiss. When they broke apart, Oz laughed with joy. He gently placed his hands on Xander's stomach and rested them on the swell of their child. It was shocking for him to already see the changes in Xander's body.