RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Los Angeles...

Angel tried to figure out just what it was he was feeling. With a shock he realized it was pride. He was proud of the fact that his Childe had gotten on the good side of h is once mortal enemies. Then Buffy's words sank in completely and he realized that Spike had a soul. He gaped at his boy and said the first thing that came to mind, "Tell me who cursed you so I can kill them," not realizing that he had shifted into game face.

Spike started with surprise and those around Angel took a sudden step backwards. Buffy sighed and stepped forward. Carefully she reached up and stroked Angel's face. That in itself was a shock to Angel. It had always been one part of him that she had never accepted. Slowly he shifted back into his human guise.

"I got my soul myself. I wasn't cursed," Spike told him softly.

"Why?" Angel asked, confused.

"We were under a spell. Spike thought he loved me and to prove it he went and got a soul. By the time he returned the spell had been broken and we became friends," Buffy explained.

"What about this soul joining you were talkin' about?" Doyle asked.

"You might as well sit down and get comfortable. This is going to take a while," Wes said.

Thirty minutes later...

The room was so quiet you could hear the tension. Xander broke it by rolling his eyes and nudging Harry. "You think the news fried their brains?"

Harry snickered and looked around at the group of shocked and appalled people. Spike was the first to laugh and in minutes it trickled through the room. Angel wrapped an arm around Buffy's shoulder and she looked up at him with a slight smile. "So we're going to Europe?" Angel asked, amused. Leave it to Xander to ease the tension.

"Yes, if you agree to go, we can send someone here to take care of your business and we will offer positions at Hogwarts. We could use the assistance and our students need the training," Albus told them kindly.

"I'm all for it," Cordy said, looking round at her friends. The others nodded in agreement. Then to their surprise she hit Wes on the arm.

"Bloody hell, Cordelia! What was that for?" Wes growled, surprised.

"For making me think the lawyers from hell took you," she answered calmly as she stood.

She took a deep breath, then began to snap out orders. Within minutes the Fang Gang was scrambling out the door and to their homes to pack for the trip. The Scoobies had run for cover and taken their group with them the minute they realized what was about to happen.

"Why are we hiding? We have powers, she doesn't," Harry asked. The others nodded in agreement.

Spike snorted and Xander shook his head sadly. "She scares vampires. Angel's over 200 years old. Trust me when I say Cordy is only second to Buffy on the danger scale and even Buffy knows to flee when Queen C starts barking out orders. If you ever get the chance, get Xan drunk and ask him to tell you about what it was like to date her," Faith said with a snicker.

The potentials were wide eyed as Xander shuddered and backed against the wall. "Damn, Faith, did ya have to remind him of that?" Buffy asked.

Xander's eyes were wide in his suddenly pale face and he was looking for escape. "Surely she's not that bad?" Mione asked, appalled.

"Not anymore. She's mellowed," Anya told them, speaking up for the first time.

Kennedy looked at her in confusion. "I thought you were Xander's ex-girlfriend. How do you know about Cordelia?"

Anya smiled. "Cordelia is the reason I am human. She made a wish and kept me on the Hellmouth. In the other world she was killed and Giles ended up with my pendant and he smashed it, turning me into a human. I chose to answer her wish because she was truly vindictive and spiteful. Even though she knew that Xander was under a lust spell, she wanted to hurt him. Their whole dating experience was a nightmare. They were all heat and no heart," Anya answered truthfully.