RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +







Story Notes:
Sequel to Four Joined Souls. You'll need to read that to understand this. http://adultfan.nexcess.net/aff/story.php?no=6589

Spoilers: Season 7, but without 'Dirty Girls', Up to book 4

Thanks to Edi for the beta.

Xander/Harry/Spike/Severus



*~*~*~*~*


Xander bit his lip and began to shake slightly. The others all turned to look at him in concern. He was bent forward, his knees pressed to his chest. "Xander?" Buffy asked, worried. Willow broke the circle and went to him.

When she touched him he looked up at her and giggled. "I'm bound to a dead guy, and two guys with power. They're stuck with a useless Zeppo. Man, you guys must have really pissed someone off." Xander let out a snort of laughter and stood.

"Xander?" Willow asked again. She knew the laughter was hiding anger.

"Not now, Wills, I gotta go." Xander was furious. Why did shit like this always happen to him? It was bad enough that he had lost any chance of being with Anya again. But now he was soul bound to Spike and two guys that just screamed power. While he was still powerless.

"Xander, you cannot leave right now," Giles told him softly. Xander had changed in the last few months. He no longer allowed himself to be bullied and led by others. He had grown up into a man of principle and strength. Giles had no idea what they would do without him.

Xander turned to look at him, and the rage in his eyes was only tempered by the pain in them. Spike was also growling. He didn't like the fact that the witch had screwed up again and that Xander was made to suffer. Spike didn't really care. He was a vampire and, despite the return of his soul, he had no preference one way or the other when it came to lovers. The two newcomers smelled of power, and the boy reminded him of Xander for some reason.

Harry was confused and upset. Why did things like this always happen to him? Wasn't it enough that Voldermort was after him? The other man was right; he must have really pissed someone off in a former life. "Would someone explain to me why I'm here and how I managed to be soul bound to three other men, one of which isn't even human?" Harry growled.

Giles started and looked at the boy closely. "Harry Potter?" he asked, stunned. His eyes went to Severus. His old friend was glaring and looking ready to start firing hexes.

Severus snorted. The dark haired boy, Xander, was walking out the door now that Ripper's attention had been turned away from him for a moment. Severus drew his wand and sealed the door. "Ripper said you can't leave yet, boy. So you're not going anywhere."

Giles flinched at the snarl Xander aimed at the older wizard. "That was a mistake," Giles murmured to his friend. Severus merely raised an eyebrow. His mouth fell open in shock when he was suddenly dangling from Xander's fist.

"Unlock the door," Xander growled. Harry pulled out his wand and unsealed the door. His former professor was staring at their new partner in shocked silence. Despite the seriousness of the situation, Harry grinned. It was nice to see Snape shocked every once in a while.

"The door is unsealed. Can I go with you?" Harry asked. Xander set Severus back on his feet, grabbed Harry's hand and dragged him out of Buffy's house.

=========================================================================

They walked in silence for a long time. They were both aware of the fact that they were being followed by Buffy and Faith, but neither of them made any mention of it and ignored the two women.

"So, can you tell me what happened back there?" Harry asked shyly. Despite getting older, and the many battles he had had with Voldermort, he still found it hard to talk to strangers.

"Willow was performing a joining spell to unite her and three other people in a soul binding, so that we could fight the First Evil. Instead she bound us. I have no idea how it will change our lives, but I do know it's forever. So now you're stuck with a powerless nobody and a bleached blonde vampire with a soul. And the bossy guy," Xander told him shortly.

Harry sighed and shook his head. He couldn't understand why Xander kept referring to himself as powerless. He could feel the power in the larger man. As for the rest of it, he was just confused. He did know about the hellmouth, and also knew that this was going to be a bad thing. Voldermort would follow him. The bastard was intent on killing him no matter what. Harry wondered how Ron and Mione were going to respond to this change in his life?

Probably the way they responded to every other change in his life. Mione would demand, cajole and search for any information she could glean. While Ron would support him and find something good for Harry to see in the situation. Draco would probably tease him and generally annoy the hell out of him. Though when they got a look at Xander they'd probably be jealous. That thought made Harry smile. Another thing the three friends had found they had in common was their sexual orientation. The fact that all three had been seduced by Slytherins, Draco Malfoy in particular, had been interesting.

Mione, Draco and Ron were all married and Ron was carrying their first child. It seemed that the Fertility Curse placed on the Weasley family also made it possible for the male members of their family to bear children. He really wanted to see his friends, but he didn't want them anywhere near the hellmouth.

Finally he spoke again. "Why do you keep referring to yourself as powerless? I can feel the magic in you."

Xander froze and turned to face him. "What?" Buffy demanded from behind them. She and Faith walked up to stand beside them.

Harry sighed and answered, "He has power in him. I wouldn't be surprised to discover that he was as powerful as I am."

"If he has magic, how come he can't use it?" Faith asked.

"He probably can. Does magic react strangely around you? This being the hellmouth I bet you attract a lot of demonic attention, don't you?" Harry asked.

The three Scoobies laughed despite the seriousness of the situation. "I'm a demon magnet," Xander explained at Harry's questioning look.

Harry grinned, "I'm not surprised. You put out a powerful magical signature. It attracts demons and such. Though now that you're bound to me and Snape you're going to find yourself attracting a demon of a whole other sort," Harry added bitterly.

"What do you mean?" Buffy demanded, worried about her Xander.

"The magical world is at war right now. The Dark Lord, Voldermort, is out to control the world and kill all muggles and those who oppose him. He's been trying to kill me since I was eleven. Now that I'm here, he will follow. Then we'll have to worry about him trying to reopen the hellmouth."

The other three groaned. "What about the First, do you think he would join with her?" Faith asked.

"I don't know, I have no idea who this first is," Harry answered honestly.

"The First is the First Evil. The bitch is trying to destroy all of the Slayer line and kill me and my friends," Buffy explained.

Now it was Harry's turn to groan. "We'd better get back. If I know Snape, he's pretty pissed right now and your witch is probably in a lot of trouble."
Chapter End Notes:
AN: This will revolve around the buffyverse more than the Potterverse. Draco, Mione and Ron will be coming to the hellmouth very soon. So will Siri and Remus.

I haven't got a chance to read OOtP and it will probably be a while before I can, so there won't be any spoilers for the book here.