RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Los Angeles....

Wes' head shot up and he cocked his head to the side. Angel, Cordy, Gunn and Doyle all looked at him in confusion. Their confusion mounted as he suddenly fell out of his chair howling with laughter. For several minutes he rolled on the floor. Then as suddenly as the laughter started it ended and Wes jumped to his feet shouting obscenities.

Cordy was about to demand an explanation when Wes suddenly blinked out of existance. "Holy hell, where'd he go?" she yelled. The others could only shrug and worry about the Englishman.

Sunnydale.....

Ethan moaned in disappointment as Ripper broke their kiss. "Your mine, Ethan, my Ethan," he purred gently, stroking the other Wizard.

Xander shrugged away his shock. It wasn't really that much of a surprise. Not after the day he had already had. Buffy shrugged as well and the two turned their attention back to Willow. They were more worried about her than they were interested in watching Giles make out with Ethan.

The Scoobies had long ago figured out that Ethan kept coming around and tormenting Giles to try to get the other man to notice him. It had been obvious to the trio that he had strong feelings for Giles.

Andrew let out a shriek and dove behind Xander and Buffy as Wes suddenly appeared in the room. The look of absolute fury on his face and the fact that he appeared out of thin air made both Xander and Buffy nervous. Before anyone could make a move one way or the other Wes was yelling. "Those bastards! I knew it! They never released their hold on her! I knew it! I'll kill them all!" he bellowed stalking over to the couch and Willow.

Giles, Ethan and Severus all looked at one another in confusion. Wes was kneeling in front of Willow and brushing the hair back from her face. "Oh Willow, this is all my fault. If only I had been paying closer attention. Damn Travers!" he spat out as he continued to gently stroke Willow's face.

He jerked back in surprise as Willow was suddenly in Buffy's arms and he was dangling by the throat from Xander's fist. "You knew this was happening to her and you didn't stop it? You're dead!"

Wes shook his head and gasped out. "I thought it had stopped. I had a geas on her."

Xander dropped him back to his feet and they all watched as he backed the older man away from him and into Spike. The vampire was growling dangerously. "What do you know about what's happened to our Red?" he asked dangerously.

"I-I was assigned to the Hellmouth by Dumbledore. He told me to act incompetently, and an insider in the Council made sure I was sent here as Buffy's new Watcher. We knew that Travers had done something to Willow while he was in town and had actually sent someone here before then to mess with her magic. He wanted to control a member of Buffy's group. When I got here I put a protective ward and a geas on her, but something's happened. The geas has been damaged. Our spy sent me here. He contacted me just a few minutes ago and told what had happened.
He has been watching the Hellmouth since Travers was killed earlier this summer," Wes told them fearfully. He really didn't want to go against a newly empowered Wizard and a chipless Spike. He wouldn't win.

"Who's your spy?" Xander asked angrily. "What did they do to Willow?"

"They polluted her magic. She's under a spell. It has her addicted to magic and makes it an agony to use it," he told them sadly.

"If we bind her magic will it still be like this?" Buffy asked fearfully.

"If we bind her magic it will kill her. The only hope we have is to break the spell, but to do that we need to keep her calm and unconscious. If she's awake she will be unable to stop herself from doing magic," Wes answered.

"But she stopped doing magic before Tara died," Dawn protested.

"Yes, and look what the consequences were," Andrew said calmly.

"That was Warren's fault," Dawn growled at him.

"No, that was the Imperius Curse on him. We all fell under the curse. Dark magics are at work and they all tie in with the First and Voldermort. I failed in my duty and you all suffered because of it," Andrew told her sadly. He was the spy. He had failed to protect his charges and had nearly been lost to the dark. The babbling, fearful persona he had adopted since returning to Sunnydale fell away.

Those in the room could see the difference. He no longer hunched over as though afraid standing straight would get him slapped down. His eyes were clear and they shone with confidence and serenity.

Wes smiled at his friend and then turned back to Xander. "We need to contact Dumbledore. It's no longer safe for any of you to be on the Hellmouth. Xander is too strong and the First cannot be stopped here. Not to mention the fact that Voldermort will follow Harry wherever he goes. Our only choice is to get you all back to Hogwarts and safety."
Chapter End Notes:
Obviously this is AU. Which means that everything you know about the end of Buffy and the last few seasons of Angel are null and void in this fic. So if you're into canon, you don't want to read anything here. Also this takes place after Harry and the others have graduated from Hogwarts, but due to the war and Voldermort Harry and the others live on the grounds of Hogwarts. I've said it before and I'll say it again. No Spoilers for OotP.