RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Across town, Ethan Rayne sat pale and shaken on his bed. The mirror still played images of Ripper and Sev. Two of his best friends, and now two of his greatest enemies. He could not allow the little witch to go through what he had. Yet how could he get his two former friends to believe that he honestly wanted to help?

He still remembered the days before he became trapped in his magic. Days when magic was just a happy by-product in his life. He had been addicted to sports and books. A strange combination, but one that made him happy. After leaving Hogwarts behind, he changed. He needed magic; then he and Ripper had their falling out, and practicing magic became as painful as it was addictive.

Ethan had never learned who was responsible for his change, and he feared what would happen to the girl. He knew that somehow this was tied in with him. The situations were too similar. Taking a deep breath, he released the spell on the mirror and left the room. He needed to talk to his friends and lay wards to protect the child.

_____________________________________________________________________

Giles raised an eyebrow as he felt the magical signature that had haunted and taunted him in turn over the last few years. The part of him that had been freed recently cheered for the return of his only. Yet the identity that had been created through magic and mind control tried to assert hatred. Those feelings were quickly overwhelmed with love and want.

Xander looked up from the sofa, where he sat holding the still unconscious Willow. He loved her still. Knowing now that someone else had been controlling her, and her magic, enraged him. He was going to kill whoever had done this to his Willow.

He watched as Giles suddenly walked to the front door and, opening it, pulled the person outside the door inside and pinned them against the now closed door. "Ethan," Giles growled, as he kissed the man breathless.

Xander's mouth fell open in shock and Buffy squeaked. They shared a wide eyed gaze before turning to face the laughing vampire and smirking Wizard. "Looks like Ripper's back for good," Spike said, eyeing the pair.