RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Xander grinned innocently at his friends and then turned his attention back to the fallen Deatheater. They all watched as the smile on his face faded away. A shiver went down their spines as Xander leaned down and struck the Deatheater, causing the man to stir. McNair looked up into the cold brown eyes of the young man standing over him and wondered if facing the Dementors would not be safer. "You tried to kill Harry," Xander said in a conversational tone.

McNair paled, but faced the boy wit h cold resolve. These were the good guys. None of them would harm him now that he was a prisoner. "I did as my Lord ordered," he answered bravely.

"Your Lord is an idiot," Xander told him calmly.

Everyone but the California group gasped at Xander's response.

"My Lord is a brilliant man," McNair snapped.

"Really, then why is it that he can't defeat a wizard who has less training than he does and is younger than him by several decades? Why is it that he sends his idiot minions to attack a place he knows he can't defeat? If your Lord is so brilliant, then why is it that he created his greatest enemy? Obviously your precious Lord is not as smart as he thinks he is. When he killed Harry's parents he created a life long enemy. When he attacked and murdered people that Harry loved, he added to the hatred that Harry already felt for him. If you want to control something you work your way in gradually, because what you take by force can alw ays be taken back." Xander spoke the words to the frightened man in a cold, clipped voice.

"Harry is my mate and my friend. I'm going to let you go back to your Dark Lord and you're going to tell him that he has just made a whole new group of enemies. Tell him that a group from California has joined with the Light and together we're going to make sure that Harry lives and destroys him." Xander stood, dragging McNair to his feet as he did so. "Look around you. These are the people that you will see on the battlefield. All of them are stronger than you, all of them have faced creatures that would make you wet yourself. I suggest you deliver our message, then I suggest you hide. I can promise you that, if I ever see your face again, I will kill you as slowly as I can."

McNair spun on his heel and ran into the forest. Despite all signs to the contrary he was not stupid. He knew that he would be lucky to make it back to the Dark Lord alive. It seemed that the war had taken a new shift and McNair decided he was going to take the boy's advice and hide. That is if he could still walk after the Dark Lord finished torturing him.

After the Deatheater had run off, Xander turned back to his friends and family. They were all looking at him in shock. Spike looked at Severus and noticed that the younger man looked as surprised as he did. "Xander?"

"Yeah, Wills?"

"Your eyes," she whispered.

"What about them?" he asked, confused.

"They're green, just like Harry's," Buffy answered for the stunned witch.

Xander blinked and looked over at Harry in surprise. The smaller wizard nodded at him. "Huh, maybe it's because I've survived the curse twice?"

Albus was looking back and forth between Harry and Xander and for once the twinkle in the wizard's eyes was missing. In its place was the shrewdness that he hid from the rest of the world. "You know something," Giles said, looking at the elder wizard.

"Yes I do," Albus answered gravely. "Tom, despite his wish for it to be so, is not the Heir of Slytherin. Xander is the Heir of Slytherin."

"What?!" Severus exclaimed and turned to look at his mates.

"Do you have the ability to converse with snakes, Xander?" Albus asked.

Xander looked nervous and shared a look with Willow. "It's okay Xander, Harry can talk to snakes too," Willow assured him.

Xander turned to look at Harry with a relieved smile. "Yeah, I can talk to snakes."

"How come you never told us?" Dawn asked.

"I haven't talked to any since I was a little kid," Xander answered softly, a look of pain in his eyes as he remembered that day. The last day that he had done anything whimsical. The last day that he acknowledged that he was something beyond ordinary.

Dawn was about to ask another question, but Willow shook her head frantically. Xander smiled as he caught the action. "It's okay, Wills, Dawnie knows about my home life."

Dawn growled, "I still say you should have found a few fledges and let them eat Tony."

Xander laughed and walked over to the girl, pulling her into his arms. "You have been spending way too much time with Anya and Spike."

"Hey!" Anya and Spike yelped in unison.

The two dark haired youths laughed wickedly. "Wait, does this mean Alexi was Slytherin's heir?" Sirius asked.

"No, Remus is a descendant of Salazar's. The Lupins broke away from the Slytherins after the falling out between the Founders. Salazar's eldest daughter married a Lupin," Albus told him. Sirius looked at his friend and grinned suddenly.

"Padfoot, what are you thinking?" Remus asked nervously.

"Just a thought about a certain blond Slytherin and how he would enjoy this bit of information."

"Siri, don't you dare," Remus growled.

"Oh come on, Moony, think ab out it. You and Luc will have something in common now and you can finally seduce him into bed with you," Sirius told him with a wicked grin.

"I'm going to strangle you," Remus told the laughing animagus.

"Ignore him, Remy, he's just jealous." Harry told his friend.

"I am, actually. So what does Remy and Xander being Old Snake Man's descendants have to do with them surviving the killing curse and Xander's eyes going green?" Sirius asked with a grin.

"I believe that it is the power of the magic inside them that has kept them safe from the curse. However, I have always thought that Voldemort used the curse on Harry more than once. I believe that Harry's true eye color was a great deal lighter than it currently is. They both now carry the essence of the curse in their magic," Albus informed them.

"Oh my," Willow gasped, looking at the pair.