RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Harry and Buffy watched as Xander went from room to room, murmuring to himself and studying everything around him. Buffy was awed by the weapons and the tapestry that they had come around. Harry was laughing and pointing out the stairwell that led to Trelawney's tower and the portrait of the Mad Knight that had once guarded the entrance to the Gryffindor tower. Both Buffy and Xander laughed when he told them some of the crazy things the Knight did.

He then led them through the dungeons and up to the next level. Everyone in the hallways stopped to watch as rooms opened themselves for him. Of the three, only Harry was startled by this. He knew that this was not normal. Both Buffy and Xander were too enchanted by what was going on around them to notice the startled looks on everyone's faces.

When they walked into the main hall Xander and Buffy grinned at one another, before lying on the floor and staring up at the ceiling. Their laughter filled the hall. Severus, Spike and Angel stood silently absorbing the sound of the young people's laughter. It had been so long since either vampire or human had heard sincere laughter out of the three younglings. Harry couldn't believe that he was actually lying on the floor between Xander and Buffy and cloud watching in the great hall.

"Bloody hell, Potter, what are you doing?" Draco asked, amused.

"Buffy, Xander, what are you doing?" Giles asked, confused.

The three young people li fted their heads and looked at the others. "We're cloud gazing," Buffy answered, with a giggle at the looks on her friends' faces. Xander laughed and lifted up onto his elbows.

Giles wasn't the only one to stare in stunned silence. There was joy in their eyes. Joy and hope, something that they couldn't remember seeing in far too long. "Where's Wils?" Xander asked.

"She's resting. Madam Pomphrey has found the spell being used and the Headmaster knows the spell to counter its effects," Severus told them.

Buffy, Xander and Harry all jumped to their feet. "Can we go see her? Is she awake or still asleep?" Buffy and Xander asked as one. Giles sighed as he saw the guilt fill their eyes.

"She's asleep,you can see her tomorrow. For now, continue to explore and try to stay away from trouble," Giles told them.

"We try to stay away, but trouble's tricky and can track us down wherever we trail," Xander told his mentor teasingly.

"Xander!" The Sunnydalers all said as one. Xander just laughed wickedly, before grabbing Harry and Buffy and rushing out of the hall before Dawn hit him for the rhyming.

Harry and Buffy laughed as he dragged them around. The group from the wizarding world gaped in astonishment as the hall doors flew open for the retreating trio.

"Uh, when did the doors start doing that?" Ron asked as Draco helped him sink onto one of the benches.

After they were gone Mione laughed again, "Those three will certainly keep things interesting around here."

"Ha! Wait till Willow wakes up and feels better. No one will stand a chance against them!" Dawn said proudly. Spike and Giles groaned in unison.

"I apologize in advance for the loss of your sanity. I do not know about Mr. Potter, but my three can cause dementia just by babbling at you," Giles said with a sigh. Those that knew the three Scoobies snickered in agreement. The Wizarding world would never know what hit them.