RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +







Story Notes:
Main Pairings: John Shepperd/Rodney McKay, Aiden Ford/OMC, Beckett/Hallen

Stargate Atlantis with information from Sherrilyn Kenyon's Katagaria/Arcadian world.

Author's Notes: I own..NOTHING but a few made up characters. Information about Katagarias and Arcadians belong to Sherrilyn Kenyon, a truly superb writer. Read her books if you're into the supernatural! Also, my Zelenka is very different from the TV and Fanon Zelenka. He's a bastard for a reason.

Author's Note 2: I DO NOT WRITE PEDOPHILE SEX. DO NOT EXPECT A SEX SCENE BETWEEN CHILD MCKAY AND ADULT JOHN, OR CHILD MCKAY/ANYONE. Just making that clear now. I've been asked that before when this idea first popped in my head.

Author's Note 3: My first Stargate fic ever. Feedback would be greatly welcomed.



*~*~*~*~*


Prologue: Little Rodney McKay

Major John Shepperd stares, as does his teammates, at the seven-year-old Rodney McKay who whimpers softly and immediately ducks behind a statue. Or tries to, as he trips over the too big pants. Crying out, mainly from shock, Rodney immediately silences, eyes darting around in fear, as if afraid of someone or something. "What. Happened?" growls John as Teyla Emmagen gently kneels infront of little Rodney. Rodney looks up at her with his big blue eyes and every 'mothering' instinct inside her clamors to protect him. "He defiled the Gods' resting place!" snarls Relina, the Priestess of the Uythosians. The other priestesses nod their agreements, as does the various priests, except for one.

"He did not!" protests Reke, a newly arrived Priest from the neighboring village of Ferim, held in high esteem by the village Elders. "Dr. McKay stumbled upon the temple and as he was leaving, *you* cursed him."

"He had no right to be near the Temple," declares Relina.

"It wasn't done as a transgression!" Reke all but roars. "It was a simple mistake, which I know the Gods' would understand!'

"We're taking him back." John declares coldly as Teyla gently picks up Rodney, now clad only in the oversized blue t-shirt. His pants have been stuffed into his pack, which Teyla also carries. Lieutenant Aiden Ford is watching the Uythosians warily. John just watches as the people his Katagaria side has imprinted as 'pack' head back to the Puddle Jumper. As soon as Teyla and Aiden are out of sight and out of hearing range with Rodney, John turns to face the Uythosians.

"We do not want your kind here," snarls Relina. John just smirks before sending Relina crashing into the wall with a shove of magickal power. The Uythosians stare at him in shock, surprise, and fear, while Reke just rolls his eyes, mainly at Relina's thick-headedness as she stands. "Demon!"

"No," smirks John. "Katagaria."

"The Gods, if you remember right, Relina." Reke all but sneers. He then turns to face John, his tone changing to respect. "Lord of Katagarias, would you mind if a lowly priest like myself accompanied you to Atlantis?"

"You may come," says John, aiming a glare at the other priests and priestesses as they move to object. "Be warned, we will more than likely never return."

"I count myself lucky if that is the case," says Reke. "I do not want to be with such closed minded fools as these."

"Then follow me and keep up," growls John. His animal is clamouring to protect Rodney. Just this morning he and Rodney finally admitting their feelings towards each other and actually had sex before Weir called them for a mission. Unfortunately, the Mating Mark didn't appear on Rodney's hand at all.

"Major?" asks Teyla as he enters with Reke.

"What?" barks John, his temper getting the best of him.

"We found a strange mark on Rodney's palm," says Aiden seconds before little Rodney launches himself at John, clutching his leg. John kneels, causing little Rodney to giggle softly he is inadvertantly tickled. Fear then enters his eyes but before it can take root, John gently grabs Rodney's wrist and a huge sigh of relief is expelled. There, seemingly to be tattooed on, is the Mating Mark which lists John's Katagaria heritage in symbols, and which also, faintly, causes Rodney to smell like him. There are three more Katagaria's on Atlantis, and five Arcadians. To his knowledge, John is the only one who is a Sentinel. Aiden, of course, is one of the Arcadians but having yet to see a Mate Mark, nor knowing how to read it, has no clue what is means.

"It's a Mate mark Ford," hisses John softly, so that only Aiden can hear him. Aiden's eyes widen as he watches John gently pull little Rodney into his arms. Little Rodney goes unprotestingly, looking at John, Aiden, and Teyla, surprise, and a little fear in his eyes.

"We're nearing the Gate," says Radek Zelenka from the pilot's chair, startling them all.

"When did you get here?" growls John.

"He's been here," says Aiden. "I guess I forgot he was here."

"Oh thanks," says Radek rolling his eyes.

"Zelenka, just a question," says Aiden as he gets up and sits down in the co-pilot's chair. "But why are you such a bastard?"

"Leave it Ford!" barks John before Radek answers. Aiden holds up his hands in apology before quieting as they go through the Gate, Radek having already given the GDO.

"This is going to be hell," remarks Aiden dryly. "Who's going to explain this to Weir?"

"Shepperd," says Radek and Teyla as one. He growls but nods, little Rodney just watching them all warily.