RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +



Author's Chapter Notes:
Christmas on Vulcan...



*~*~*~*~*


Sarek sat beneath the stars, with his baby grandson in his arms; both were quiet, comfortable in each other’s company.

“Father?” Spock queried, stepping out on the veranda to his father’s property on New Vulcan.

“He is well, son…” Sarek answered.

Spock came forward and around to sit next to his father and son. He did so. “And yourself?”

“It is your Christmas Day tomorrow…” Sarek spoke of the human festive season Christmas Day, which his wife, Amanda, had taught both him, and their son about.

“Yes.” Spock affirmed. His mother had human ancestry of people from the Christian and Judaic faiths in her bloodline. Thus, she taught him about Christmas and Hanukah both. She helped him to understand and celebrate those ‘holidays’. His father, to begin with, Spock knew, was reticent about Spock partaking in such human, emotionally led festivities… Though, as the years went on, Spock believed Sarek developed an appreciation for Christmas, and its family values, himself. Amanda had said that Spock could decide for himself, in later years, whether he wanted to continue observation of the times to celebrate in the Christian and Judaic faiths, but it was important not just to her, but also to him, that Spock know about these times “ Because that knowledge would help him in the future… “Do you mind some discreet celebrations of Christmas taking place here this year?” Spock talked of his and Jim’s plans to swap gifts, put up a few very tasteful decorations in their room, and the baby’s.

“I do not mind. Your mother would wish it.” Sarek noted.

Spock nodded, as he continued to look toward his father and son. He paused. “I shall tell Jim that he can begin his decorating plans.” Spock broached the subject. “Will you be joining us for the Christmas meal?”

“Is that an invite, my son?” Sarek asked.

“Of course.” Spock mentioned. “Christmas is for family…”

“Indeed.” Sarek looked from his son to his grandson, thinking of so many moments, and of Amanda. Amanda at Christmas. Spock at Christmas; before then, the moments like this one, under different stars, years ago, when he held baby Spock in his arms, and when he watched Amanda do so… “Indeed…”