RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +







Story Notes:
This is soooo based on the little plot bunny that would … Yeah I know I'm overdue to write this, but who cares, it's getting written and that's all that should matter.



*~*~*~*~*


Chapter 1

Reed smiled for the cameras that flashed before him, and hugged Susan around her waist. But deep down he realized that it didn't feel right. He smiled a little wider; ignoring the feeling.

"Mr. Fantastic, give her a kiss!" One of the reporters yelled out.

Susan smiled up at him; her blue eyes sparkling. `What the hell? It's just another kiss.' Reed thought, and leaning down a little met her lips in a kiss. The audience of photographers and reporters let out a whoop. Reed looked down at Sue, and watched her smile up at him. She was so beautiful. So perfect. So everything that he ever wanted … So why wasn't he perfectly happy? For the moment things were stable. Reed knew that he had enough money to pay the rent and for his experiments. He had fame, popularity. He had the girl that he always wanted.

So what was holding him back? He had been engaged to Susan for a little over a year now. Together with her, Johnny, and Ben; he had helped save New York City from already countless problems. It felt good to be needed by so many. And to be wanted by one, Sue. But at the same time it didn't feel right. There was something missing.

Together with Sue he turned and walked into the Baxter Building. Still smiling at nothing he got in the elevator and went up.

"Are you alright?"

He looked at Sue; her soft face wrought with concern. "I'm fine. Why?"

"I don't know. You just seem more distant than usual lately."

He pulled her close again, wrapping his arms around her waist. "I'm alright. My mind is just elsewhere."

Susan laughed. "When isn't it elsewhere genius?" They came closer together, almost in a kiss. But the elevator dinged and stopped on their floor. "Come on." She said still smiling and holding his hand brought him onto the floor. Reed let himself be pulled along, into the center room. Sue turned, putting her arms around her neck as Reed wrapped his arms around her waist again. "Now where were we?"

Reed smiled and leaned in to kiss her. Sue turned invisible, and giggled as Reed's lips touched her skin.

"That's my nose genius." He laughed a little and smiled back as she changed back into her normal self. They heard a large sigh from the upper level of the room, and both their heads turned at the same time to see Ben sitting up there, looking out the window. "We should see what's wrong."

Reed cleared his throat, unconsciously flushing a little. "Yeah." He turned to a desk and started looking through the papers on it. Sue smiled to herself and shook her head as she climbed the stairs, taking Reed's actions as her cue to go see what was up on her own. She sat not far from him.

"Hi Ben."

"Hey Suzie."

"Is there something the matter?"

"Nah. It's just that Alicia and I are on the rocks. She says that I'm too distant lately and that she needs time to think."

"Oh, I'm sorry." Sue said, and attempted to hug Ben. It made him crack a rocky smile.

"Yeah."

"It'll turn out alright."

"Yah think?"

"Yes, I do. She's probably just going through something right now and doesn't want you to know about it. She'll call in a while."

"Yeah." Ben smiled at her again. "Thanks Suzie. Saying that's making me feel better. You're probably right."

"Yeah." She rubbed one of his shoulders. "You want anything?"

"Nah. I'm just gonna go to bed."

"Okay."

"Thanks for listenin."

"It's no problem. I will any time you want me to."

Ben smiled at her, and got up. "Night."

"Good night." She said softly as Ben went down, and into his room. She shook her head and looked from him to Reed. "So you've been distantly lately too, huh?" She said softly to herself looking back out the window. "Do I have to do everything myself?"