RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +







Story Notes:
Notes: This is for Ursula who asked so nicely for a mpeg story. I want to thank my wonderful beta Bertina, who helped correct all my mistakes and gave insightful suggestions. And thanks also to Lady Midath for her encouragement of my endeavor and all of you who offered help. It means alot to a nervous new writer.



*~*~*~*~*


Three weeks. Three weeks he had been holed up in this pathetic apartment. God, if he just had the energy to do more than just crawl back and forth from the bed to the toilet. He had never been this sick before. The vomiting was leaving him weak as a kitten. But it wasn't safe. He had never stayed in one place too long; it was one of the things that had kept him alive. He needed to leave, move on and find a new bolt hole. That was the new plan he would initiate right after he took a nap.

****

Assistant Director Walter Skinner sat at his desk going through the numerous reports that had been piling up. He heard a soft knock on the door and Kim poked her head around the corner.

"Sir, Agent Scully and Mulder are waiting to see you," she said.

"Send them in."

"Sir, we finally have a line on Krycek," Scully stated as she and Mulder took their respective seats. Skinner raised an eyebrow for more elaboration.

"My sources have Krycek staying in an apartment on the east side of Arlington," Mulder went on to explain. "He was seen entering the apartment a week ago, but has not been seen exiting. Scully and I are headed down to Arlington to check it out; we thought you might like to be in on this."

Mulder smiled hoping to hide his nervousness. The thought of catching the little rat unawares was intoxicating. Krycek had been giving Mulder information for months, always dangling a new lead and then slinking away.

Except at their last encounter. The exchange had started out with their usual threats and posturing. But then suddenly turned into a heated tumble. The two men ripped at each others clothes. Finally winding up on the floor in a tangle of sweaty limbs vying for control. It ended with two very sated young men falling asleep. That was two months ago.

Skinner watched his two agents. Scully was her natural calm self. Mulder was smiling inanely. Obviously trying to cover up something, but what.

The last time Krycek had shown his face, threatening the use of the palm pilot if Skinner did not follow his instructions, Skinner decided enough was enough. It had been time to take back control of his life. The overconfident triple agent had let his guard slip for a second.

That was all the time Skinner needed. He had tackled Krycek to the floor, pinning Krycek's good arm down and straddling his legs. The boy put up a good fight, but without the use of the palm pilot, he was no match for Skinner.

As Skinner loomed over the younger man struggling beneath him, Skinner had felt his groin tighten and swell. Krycek had felt it too and gave a little buck in response. Krycek smirked having thrown Skinner off guard. Slowly Skinner gave his own grin in return. The smile faded from Krycek's face.

Krycek renewed his struggles, but Skinner had him pinned thoroughly. Holding onto Krycek's arms with one hand, Skinner used his free hand to caress the younger man's face. It was like trying to soothe a wild animal.

Krycek stopped fighting and started to tremble. Skinner leaned down, pressing his weight fully onto Krycek, and captured his lips.

Krycek's mouth opened in a moan, Skinner quickly took advantage of that. Reaching between them, he started to divest the younger man of his jeans.

After Skinner finished making love to the younger man, he rolled him into his arms and fell asleep. That was two months ago.

"Agents," AD Skinner finally said, "Let's go."

The strategy was simple at best. They would go to the the apartment where Krycek was allegedly hiding out with minimal force. Actually just Skinner, Mulder and Scully. The hope was to slip under Krycek's danger radar. The car on the way to Arlington was silent. Each occupant was consumed by their own thoughts of what would happen if they did catch Krycek.

"We are going to have to put Krycek in protective custody," Scully said, finally voicing what she was thinking.

The apartment building should have been condemned years ago. Although there was no doubt that many of the residents would have been homeless without it.

The trio split up. Mulder and Scully taking the stairs and Skinner watching the back.

Deciding that it would be too high to jump and with no fire escape, Skinner made his way inside the building to join the other two. As he reached the top of the stairs he could see Mulder listening at the door. Scully signaled Skinner to their side.

"Sir, we can't hear anyone inside, but a child downstairs confirmed this was Krycek's residence," Scully whispered.

Skinner nodded at Mulder to go ahead.

"Open up! FBI!," Mulder shouted as he pounded on the door. Stepping back he kicked down the door. All three brandishing their weapon entered the apartment. Not seeing anyone, they split up to search. Each remembering how dangerous Krycek could be.

The apartment was a small one bedroom, so it didn't take long. Scully found him.

"I've got him," she shouted to the others. "In here." Scully nudged the sleeping lump on the bed. No response except a small moan.

"Krycek get up, you're under arrest," Mulder shouted when he entered the bedroom.

"I think he's hurt," Scully said as she neared the bed. "He seems to be passed out."

"Careful Agent Scully," Skinner cautioned keeping his gun pointed at the figure on the bed. Mulder walked to the bed and ripped the covers back. Krycek rolled over and peered out of one eye.

"Shit," was all he said and proceeded to pass out again.

The three FBI agents looked at each other. Mulder shrugged, "Well, I guess that takes care of having to subdue him."

"What are we going to do with him sir?" Scully turned and questioned Skinner. "We need to take him somewhere I can examine him but we cant take him to jail. His life expectancy would be pretty short."

"Let's just get him to the car first and we will figure out something," Skinner answered. "I've got an idea to run by you, but not here, wait 'til we get to the car and on the road."

Mulder reached over and handcuffed Krycek's good arm to the prothesis. Skinner then helped him wrap Krycek in the blanket Mulder had tossed on the floor. Although it would have been easier to carry Krycek together, Skinner decided two free weapons are an advantage he wanted to keep in this situation, so he let Mulder carry Krycek on his shoulder.

When they reached the car, Mulder unceremoniously dumped Krycek in the back seat. Krycek's only response was a low groan. Scully glared at Mulder. "The man maybe our enemy, but he's in our custody now and hurt," Shaking her head, Scully climbed in beside Krycek. "I expect better from you Mulder." Scully wanted to throttle Mulder. Mulder was always reduced to juvenile behavior around Krycek.

Mulder pulled a face at his partner's chastisement, but before he could spit out a proper excuse, Skinner barked, "Just get in the car Agent Mulder."

"Yes sir," Mulder mumbled in reply. Mulder looked over the seat at Krycek. He did look sick. A wave of sympathy came over Mulder despite the anger he felt at Krycek's two month disappearance. He had initially hoped that they had reached a new plateau in their relationship. But after waking from a sex sated sleep to find Krycek gone, the momentary happiness had turned again to bitter feelings of betrayal. Mulder had been fooled again by a pretty face with a tight ass. The image of said tight ass brought a reluctant smile to Mulders face. He may feel used and betrayed by the little slut, but it was the best sex Mulder had in years.

Mulder glanced over at his boss. 'If things had been different,' he thought. No Skinner was the epitome of straightness. 'Incredible body though,' Mulder mused and gave Skinner a wry smile.

"Where are we going sir?" Mulder asked.

"A friend of mine has a small private clinic in Alexandria," Skinner replied. "He owes me a favor and we'll be safe there."

Skinner watched Mulder out of the corner of his eye. He kept his face neutral. Mulder had a great smile, even the small introspective one he now had on his face. Had things been different, perhaps he and Mulder. 'No, dont go there,' Skinner admonished himself. One night of sex with Krycek had brought back to the surface his long buried feelings for Mulder. After the initial fight, Krycek had become sweet and submissive, bringing out all of Skinner's natural protective instincts. Then the ex-agent had disappeared again leaving Skinner angry and regretful of their encounter, no matter how good it was. But Krycek did leave the palm pilot in Skinner's possession strangely enough.

Krycek started moaning again. Sensing he was awake, Scully reached over and laid her hand on his shoulder.

"Krycek, tell me what's wrong," Slipping easily into doctor mode Scully asked in a quiet soothing voice.

"Need to throw up, stop the car," Krycek gasped out. "Now."

"Sir, pull over," Scully said. "I don't think he will make it to the clinic."

Skinner quickly pull off the highway, Mulder jumped out of the car and yanked open the back door. Krycek fell out of the car to his knees and proceeded to vomit violently on the side of the road. Mulder reached down to steady him.

"What the hell is wrong with you Krycek?" Mulder asked in a whisper. Krycek didn't look good. He was pale and thin, hardly the dangerous operative Mulder was used too. "Scully?" Mulder looked to his partner who had knelt on the other side of Krycek.

"I don't know Mulder; he's not running a fever or showing any other signs of the flu. We can't even begin to guess until we get him to the clinic and run some tests."

"Is he finished?" Skinner called from the driver's seat. "We don't want to draw any undue attention to ourselves." He was beginning to worry. Krycek was wanted by too many sides. Sitting on the side of the highway was leaving them open, even though up to this point there had been no signs they were being followed. Transporting a wanted felon was dangerous enough; not knowing what was wrong with Krycek compounded the situation.

Scully was having similar thoughts. Krycek's dealings with the aliens and consortium had exposed him to a variety of experimental diseases. For all they knew at this point, he could be infectious. And what if he was? This could easily be a plot to infect the three of them. 'God, I am getting as paranoid as Mulder,' she thought to herself.

Mulder helped Krycek to his feet and back down into the car. Mulder touched the side of Krycek's face in a moment of tenderness. Scully was walking around to the other side of the car so she didn't see Mulder's lapse. Mulder glanced up at the rear view mirror. Skinner was watching. Mulder withdrew his hand and shut the door. Climbing back into the passenger seat, he looked at his superior. Skinner just kept his eyes straight ahead. When Scully closed her door, he pulled back onto the highway.

'What was that all about?' Skinner wondered. He was developing an unpleasant theory he would pursue after they arrived at the clinic.

Mulder wondered how long he could avoid a confrontation with Skinner.

Krycek watched the back of Mulder and Skinner's heads through veiled eyes. He had felt Mulder's touch. Felt the tenderness behind it. He had also caught Skinner watching in the rearview mirror. Having made a hobby of studying the two men's body language over the years, Krycek could tell they were about to discover each others little secret. Him.

Skinner was a smart astute individual. He would have it figured out eventually, even without Mulder's momentary lapse. Mulder in turn, was noticing Skinner's tense body language and his profiler's mind was starting to churn.

Being in a vulnerable position, Krycek was mapping out a plan to use this to his advantage. After all, above all else, he was a survivor. He had hoped they would never find out about the other. The night he had spent in their respective arms was a night he treasured.

Krycek had been in love with Mulder since he was first assigned to him by Spender. But the circumstances of his assignment left no opportunity to pursue the mutual attraction. Their night was a culmination of years of pent up desire and sexual tension. Mulder would never love him, but for that one moment, he could pretend they were lovers.

His feelings for Skinner grew out of his respect for the older man. At first he perceived Skinner as a fence rider. Slowly, he began to see Skinner's quiet strength and support of Mulder, Scully and the Xfiles. Even with the threat of the nanobytes, Skinner didn't bend over completely. Just enough so it appeared he was following orders.

The night he spent in Skinner's arms was an awaking of sorts. Skinner had rebelled choosing his self respect over the threat of the palm pilot. After he had stopped struggling and gave into Skinner, he had lost himself. Krycek had never felt as safe as those few hours with Skinner. That was why he left the palm pilot. It was the only way he could think of to say thank you.

He couldn't chance the consortium using the nanos they had infected him with to hurt the two men he cared most about. Continuing to threaten Skinner had kept him safe for awhile. When he had left the palm pilot with Skinner he had lost his protection. Hopefully Skinner had sent it to the lab to set about trying to rid himself of the nanobytes. Krycek had planned to use the labs findings to cure himself. But that was before he became sick.

Maybe that was why he was sick. The nanos could be the cause. Once they arrived at the clinic, he was sure Scully would set about doing lab work on his blood. That would tell them soon enough. As soon as he found out what was wrong with him, he would have to make his escape.

Setting the two men against each other with the knowledge of their one night stand with him would leave an opening. It wasn't his most brilliant of plans but at the moment it was all he had. Of course he would have to wait until he could stand without assistance. At least his stomach had stopped rolling.

And then there was Scully. In reality she would be the tough one. Scully could not be manipulated. He needed to work on getting around her. Hopefully, something would come to him after a short nap.

"Are you sleeping again, Krycek?" Mulder asked, waking Krycek just as he nodded off.

"Mm tired."

"We're almost there," Skinner stated. "Can you tell us what's wrong with you?"

'Might as well tell them my theory, couldn't make anything worse,' Krycek thought.

"Spender had me infected with the nanobytes. They could be the cause. Not sure, though," Krycek answered before he slipped back to asleep.

They arrived at the clinic and Skinner parked the car around back. Mulder opened the back door and helped Krycek to his feet.

****

Skinner's friend turned out to be an old marine buddy. Dr. Randy Atkinson served with Skinner in Vietnam. He settled in Alexandria where he opened a free clinic and private research lab. Atkinson was also assisting Walter Skinner in ridding his body of the nanobytes.

Taking one look at Krycek, Atkinson grabbed his other arm and helped Mulder lead him into an exam room.

"Where's he hurt?" the doctor asked Skinner.

Offering her hand, Scully told him about her cursory exam in the car. "He's not injured and he's not running a fever. He's vomiting, but no blood. He's very tired but responsive."

"Randy," Skinner broke in, "He's been injected with nanobytes."

"Well, we better get blood drawn so we can start the lab work. At least that gives us a possible starting point." Dr. Atkinson said. "Dr. Scully, I would welcome your help."

"Whatever you need, Dr. Atkinson."

"Call me Randy." Scully smiled at the doctor. "Dana."

"Shall we begin?" Atkinson said, snapping on gloves and reaching for syringes.

Krycek stretched out on the exam table watching the interaction of the two doctors. His mind whirling with possible scenarios. Their mild flirting could be useful. If they were too busy with each other, they might not pay close attention to him.

After the blood was drawn and the two doctors moved to the lab, Krycek start to initiate his plan to set Mulder and Skinner against each other.

*****

"Agent Mulder, may I speak to you in the hall?" Skinner asked before Krycek had the chance to start. Skinner opened the door and walked into the hall, Mulder following close behind. Krycek could only watch them leave, not daring to say anything else at this point.

Skinner turned to look at Mulder. He wasn't sure how to begin except to jump right in with what he had seen.

"What was that between you and Krycek?"

"Sir, I don't know what you think you saw, but I am sure you were misreading it."

"What I saw, Agent Mulder, was you caressing Krycek's face. There wasn't anything to misread."

"Sir, I was just showing a little compassion. Krycek seemed so young and..."

"Vulnerable? True, but it doesn't explain you caressing his face like a lover."

Mulder sputtered to a halt. He might as well come clean with Skinner.

"Sir, I don't know how to say this except to be blunt. I had sex with Krycek. But it was only one night, two months ago. Until he was spotted, I hadn't heard from him. He was funneling me information. He has been my source for months prior. I don't know what happened. One minute we were yelling at each, the next we were having sex." Mulder was rambling. But Skinner had stopped listening when he had confessed to having sex with Krycek.

Did this mean Mulder was interested in men?

"If I had known," Skinner whispered.

"Know what, sir?"

Skinner looked into Mulder's eyes and made his decision. Reaching behind Mulder's head, Skinner pulled the younger man into his arms. Leaning down, Skinner brushed his lips against Mulder's.

Initially surprised, it took only seconds for Mulder to open his mouth in response to the kiss. Mulder melted into Skinner's arms. Finally breaking the kiss, Walter Skinner smiled bigger than Mulder had ever seen him.

"If I had known that, Agent Mulder."

"Sir, I'm not sure..."

"Walter, I think at this point maybe you should call me Walter." Skinner said.

"Uh, Walter, does this mean you're gay? I mean you were married?"

"I believe the term is bi." Skinner could not help laughing softly at his shocked agent.

Mulder shook off his shock and smiled saying, "Maybe you should call me Mulder."

Pulling Mulder back into his arms, Skinner said, "No, I will call you Fox at least when we're alone." And then proceeded to kiss Mulder thoroughly.

****

"Our patient is indeed infected with nanobytes," Atkinson stated as he leaned back and rubbed his eyes. "But I can't seem to localize their purpose. With Walt, it was easier to track backwards from the vascular trauma."

Scully turned to look at her colleague. "Aside from the nanobytes, Krycek's blood is showing a high level of hCG." She shook her head, "If he was a woman, I would say he was pregnant. Which would explain the nausea, vomiting and fatigue."

"You don't think it is possible do you? I mean, until I saw them, I wouldn't have believed about the nanobytes."

"Extreme possibilities." Scully was bemused, thinking of Mulder. "I think we should do another blood test and run an ultrasound."

Mulder and Skinner were standing outside the room when they got back. Scully explained their preliminary findings, which amused the two men. Mulder's eyes lit up with the promise of a new xfile.

Skinner smiled at his new soon to be lover. Mulder was in his element. Believing the unbelievable. But, Krycek pregnant? Even with all he had seen, that was just a little hard to swallow.

"Don't say anything to Krycek until we know for sure. He is suffering from anemia and dehydration due to the vomiting. I don't want to stress him out any more than we have to," Scully said looking directly at her partner.

"Scully, I wouldn't," Mulder started to say, but Scully had already shut the door to Krycek's room.

Krycek was still sleeping when they entered the room. Even after all the sleeping he had done earlier, he didn't rouse when they walked in. That surprised Scully. It showed how truly worn down the man had become.

The two doctors wheeled their patient down to the examine room with the ultrasound. Scully drew some more blood and took it off to the lab. Atkinson began prepping Krycek. When Scully returned, they were ready to begin.

The screen showed what the blood worked had suggested. Krycek was pregnant. Atkinson peered closer to the screen.

"Dana, look at this."

"Twins?"

"Looks that way."

"Oh my god, I wouldn't have believed it was possible."

"By the size and formation, I would guess that our Mr. Krycek was about eight weeks into his first trimester."

"Let's get him back to his room and finish the blood tests."

****

Krycek woke alone in the examine room. He waited a few moments, wondering where everyone was. It surprised him that they had left him uncuffed and without a guard present. Mulder and Skinner had been gone a long time. And since he was feeling better, he might as well have a look around. Cracking the door open, Krycek glanced around the hallway.

There was Skinner and Mulder engaged in a heated kiss. Mulder hadn't kissed him. Fucked him sure, but hadn't kissed him. And Skinner. Yeah they had kissed. But even from the doorway Krycek could see the passion between the two men. He closed his eyes and retreated back into the room. He was suddenly very tired.

Krycek crawled onto the exam table, rolled over on his side and cried.

Scully and Atkinson found the two men standing in the corridor outside Krycek's room. Atkinson deferred to Scully as they began to explain their findings.

"The nanobytes are altering his body. Not on a large scale, only with the formation of the womb, which is quite extraordinary. The nanobytes are taking care of the fetuses but it is causing a lot of stress on his body. We are trying to correct the anemia and rehydrate him. We are going to keep him on intravenous fluids until he can hold down food on his own."

The two doctors shared a look and Scully let out a deep breath. "We're going in now to break the news to Krycek. "

Scully laid her hand on Krycek's arm, gently nudging him awake. He still looked tired. Even with all the sleep, he still felt tired. Krycek blinked a few times before he shook off Scully's hand and sat up. He looked at the two doctors, ignoring Skinner and Mulder.

"So what's wrong with me?"

"I don't know any other way to break this to you." Scully began to say.

Mulder broke in bluntly, "You're pregnant Krycek!"

Krycek narrowed a cold look at Mulder then turned back to Scully.

His face passive. As impossible as it seemed, he had seen too many of the consortium's weird experiments to be shocked. He waited silently for Scully to continue.

Thinking Krycek's apathy was due to shock, Scully went on to explain what she and Atkinson had discovered. When she finished she asked if he had any questions.

"How soon can you get rid of it?"

"Alex, there are two fetuses, you're going to have twins."

"How soon can you get rid of 'them'?"

"Alex," Scully started again, using his first name in hopes of easing the man. "We can't terminate the pregnancy. The nanobytes have successfully integrated the womb with your body. It's like a new fully functioning organ that we can't remove without extensive study. We have no way of knowing how badly your body would react to it's removal."

Scully was getting angry. Krycek was sitting there showing no emotion while he asked for an abortion. Her Catholic faith was warring with her scientific reason. She flashed back on the image of Emily's face. Another innocent victim, just like the babies growing inside of Krycek. She refocused her anger solely on the consortium. Krycek was as much a victim as his unborn children. He had lost his right to choose when the consortium decided to experiment on him without his permission. But then the consortium wasn't big on asking permission.

Atkinson was standing back watching everyone. He looked at Dana Scully. They had grown closer throughout the day and he hoped they could continue to get closer. She was a beautiful, passionate woman and he was enjoying working beside her. The anger on her faced did nothing to detract from her beauty, although he was glad it wasn't directed at him.

Walter Skinner was a long time, trusted friend. He had seen Walter and Mulder kissing in the hall and wasn't upset by it. He was just happy for his friend. Not at all taken aback by Skinner's sexual preferences. He had watched his friend withdraw from social contact after Sharon died. Their marriage might have ended, but Walter had loved Sharon, and her death had been hard on him. Now with Mulder, Walter Skinner glowed. It was obvious they were very much in love.

Mulder was beaming like a child at Christmas. Dana had briefed Atkinson a little on the Xfiles and it's purpose. This was probably like Christmas to Mulder. He had real tangible proof of a Xfile in his possession and a man that adored him.

Krycek, on the other hand, Atkinson knew nothing about him except medically. He was surprised the man was so stoic. He was acting as if nothing abnormal was happening.

"How long?"

"The development of the fetuses put you at about eight weeks."

"The consortium infected me four months ago, why did it take so long for the implanted embryos to develop?" Remembering the consortium victims implanted with the alien embryos he had seen in some of the labs for the hybrid project. The fully developed alien bursting from their human hosts. "Are they human?"

"Yes, Alex, the fetuses are human. There is no indications of the alien genome. But, I don't think you're understanding. An embryo wasn't implanted. These fetuses are not like the hybrids we've encountered before. The nanobytes created the fetuses from your own DNA combined with the DNA of another man. The process appears to be somewhat like a cross between the fertilization of an egg and cloning.

"Are they clones?"

"No, there are two distinct DNA patterns in the fetus we tested. We're going to finish the mapping later."

Krycek face flickered a moment, his mind whirling backwards to that night two months ago. 'Could it be possible? Could one of them be the father of these fetuses?' He couldn't bring himself to call them children. It was wrong on so many levels. And here he was pregnant and alone, while Mulder and Skinner were starting a relationship, but one of them might be the father. It would have been funny if it was happening to anyone else but him.

"I would like to take a nap."

Scully watched Krycek for a moment and then nodded the others to leave.

"I think he is handling it pretty well," Atkinson stated to the group.

'No, he is not handling it well at all,' Scully thought to herself. Turning back to Atkinson she said, "I want to finish the DNA testing. Let's get some coffee and go back to the lab."

****

Mulder smiled at Walter Skinner. "Alone at last."

"We should be standing guard. I don't think he is feeling that bad. We don't want to give him a chance to bolt."

"Scully thinks he will sleep through the night. She says his body is exhausted from the morning sickness. The continual vomiting and nausea keeping him from getting proper rest."

"Really, Mulder, as much as I want you here and now, we shouldn't leave him alone."

"We're not leaving him alone. There are no windows in the room and we will be right here."

"Krycek is a sneaky little bastard, we shouldn't underestimate him."

Mulder wrapped his arms around Skinner's neck and began ravishing his lips, cutting off anymore protests.

Skinner let Mulder have the lead for a few moments, then took control. Mulder melted into his arms. Breathless, Mulder pulled back. He looked lustfully into Skinner's eyes.

"Fox, as much as I want you, I don't want our first time on the floor in this hallway."

"There is a nice big sofa in the room behind us, I think it's your buddies office. You think he'd mind"

"Randy might give me a little grief, but under the circumstances, I don't think he'll have a problem with it."

"What about Scully?"

Walter grabbed Mulder's hand and headed into the aforementioned office. "I think Agent Scully will be fine without us."

Mulder walked to the desk and turned on a small lamp as Skinner shut off the overhead light. It wasn't the most romantic setting, but looking at his beautiful new lover, Walter Skinner decided he didn't need traditional trappings.

Mulder could see Walter's eyes filling with passion and lust. His own body was growing exponentially in excitement. Placing his hands on Walter's broad shoulders, Mulder marveled at the thought that this man was now his.

Reaching around Mulder, Skinner wrapped his arms around him and pulled Mulder into full body contact. Their fingers met between their bodies, smoothly removing each other's clothes. The situation should have been awkward and frantic, but the two men were already tuning into each other's thoughts and desires.

Mulder stood naked before his lover, gazing at the incredible and edible body. Taking Walter's hand, he pulled him onto the couch.

They slowly rocked together, creating a sensual friction against their trapped erections. Walter devoured Mulder's mouth. Using his knee, Walter pushed Mulder's long legs apart so he could nestle in as close as possible to the heat generated by the younger man.

Mulder broke the kiss and whispered, "I want you in me."

"Condoms? Lube?"

"In my wallet."

Walter arched an eyebrow to that but didn't stop to question. He grabbed the items and began preparing Mulder. At Walter's first thrust, Mulder was consumed with only thoughts of being filled completely by the other man.

At this point neither man remembered or cared they were in an office or that someone could walk in on them. They should have worried about losing themselves so completely and becoming unaware of what was going on around them. Instead they just held fast to each other through their mutual climax.

Skinner took a deep sated breath and pulled out of his lover. The two men just grinned at each other for a moment.

"Fox, as much as I don't want this to end, we need to get back and check on Krycek." He brushed his lips against Mulder's one last time. "And Fox? I love you."

"I love you too, Walter."

****

Dana Scully studied the first set of DNA fingerprints. These established the fetuses were indeed part of Krycek. But the fetuses did not share the same second DNA map with each other. 'Two fathers, well actually three.' She mused while studying one of the "father's" VNTR pattern. It looked familiar. She would run it through the data base back at the Hoover the first chance she had.

Scully rubbed her neck, it had been a long day. She felt two strong hands on her shoulders. Scully tipped her head back and smiled up to Randy.

"Thanks."

"No problem, Dana, just relax for a minute."

As she slowly enjoyed the massage, she started thinking about the miracle they were witnessing. And it was a miracle, whether Krycek wanted the babies or not. The technology, however ill-conceived, could answer the prayers of a lot of barren women. 'It could answer my prayers.'

Shaking her head, she stood up.

"Thank you, Randy, but I think we should go check on our patient."

The two doctors ran into Skinner and Mulder storming out of Krycek's room.

"He's gone."

"Damnit, he's in no condition to be moving around. I wanted him on complete bed rest until we got him stabilized," Atkinson said.

"What do you mean stabilized? I thought he was just having morning sickness."

Mulder had started to sprint for the doors. He stopped hearing Walter's question though he could hear the concern in his voice.

"Scully, I thought you said the morning sickness was normal and the IV's were going to help."

"Mulder, there is nothing normal about this pregnancy. Krycek's blood pressure is too high. Even with the IV's it was obvious he was losing weight. The nanobytes were using all his body's resources for the fetuses, leaving nothing for him to draw on for his own health." Scully put a restraining hand on Mulder's arm. "Krycek might have appeared to be unaffected by the news, but his overall condition told a different story."

"Then we need to find him as soon as possible. He couldn't have gotten far, let's get moving," Skinner said, heading for the doors with Mulder and the two doctors following close behind.

Outside the clinic, they found Atkinson's car gone. Mulder smashed his fist into the side of Skinner's car. "Fuck him. We should have handcuffed the bastard."

Putting her hand on Mulder's arm, Scully tried to reason with the angry agent. "Mulder, he had us all fooled. I would of sworn he didn't have the energy to get to the bathroom let alone walk out of the clinic. As tired as he was, he should have slept through the night."

"She's right, Mulder. It's too late, by now he's probably switched cars and directions twice. All we can do now is try and find him again."

"We only found him this time through sheer luck, I don't think we will be getting that lucky again."

"Agent Mulder," Skinner was back as Assistant Director instead of lover, "We were not actively looking for him before. We will head back to the Hoover and start in on our resources. Meanwhile, call the Gunmen and get them on this too."

Softening his tone, he added, "We will find him, Krycek's running scared, but the pregnancy will slow him down. He can't have the babies alone, he will have to find help eventually."

"I know Walter. Don't take this the wrong way, I love you, it's just I'm really worried about him. I know that sounds strange with our history but I can't explain it. But knowing he's out there alone and how sick he is, I..."

"Care about him? I do understand. I care about him too."

****

It didn't go off at all like he'd planned, but he was, if nothing else, adaptable. While Skinner and Mulder were making love in the room across the hall, he quickly made his escape. Krycek wiped furiously at his eyes. 'Damn hormones.'

He slammed his good fist repeatedly into the steering wheel, trying to refocus his pain. It wasn't working. His heart was broken. He was driving off to god knows where with no money, no gun, pregnant and alone. Pregnant. It was absurd. Men just didn't become pregnant. First the silo, then having his arm cut off in Tunguska, and now this. God, his life sucked.

He didn't deserve either man. How stupid could he be, dreaming a one-night stand fuck would be anything more. He was just a convenient place for them to stick their dicks, just any old port in the storm until they could get together. He hated them.

Idiot. Idiot. Idiot.

The bastards deserved each other. Krycek sniffled, trying to keep the tears at bay. They deserved each other and they had earned their happiness many times over. Mulder and Skinner were both good men. The best.

'And I'm just a rat bastard. A killer. A traitor. What was it Mulder called me?' Krycek laughed hoarsely. 'An invertebrate scum sucker, whose moral dipstick is two drops short of bone dry.'

'Fuck Spender. Fuck the consortium for doing this to me. I don't deserve this.'

It was going to be okay. He was a survivor. He was used to being alone. He would never have Mulder's nor Skinner's love but, the babies? One of them was the father. A little piece of one of the men he loved. Krycek wiped at his eyes again, dropping his hand gently to his abdomen. The storm of emotions calming suddenly.

"I'm not alone anymore, am I, little guys?"