RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


In the year 2002, Earth fell to the Prantell Empire, a dominion built upon the blood, sweat, and tears of trillions and trillions of slaves. The Prantellians, master race and absolute rulers of this galaxy spanning empire control most of the charted star systems, including the planets and all the resources upon those worlds, be they living creatures or mineral resources. So far, none who opposed them have come close to putting a dent in their seemingly invincible armor. On April 17th, 2002, the planet Earth was claimed in the name of Ioskilow Ca of the Royal House M'Tossi, Emperor of all Prantell.

Many of Earth's military fought back bravely and with great honor. It was, in fact, the astounding acts of courage and intelligence of the warriors of Earth that determined their place in the hierarchy of slaves ruled by the Prantellians. Many rewards were lavished on Earth and her determined and brave children by the new overlords. The native name of the star that gave life to the system was officially recognized by the Empire, instead of simply giving it an alpha- numeric code. "Sol" was the life-giver of the "Terrans", which is what the Prantellians called all humans, regardless of race.

The Prantellians defeated the Terrans of planet Earth, in the star system of Sol, the same way that they had defeated all of the races they ruled over, with a breathable gas that numbed the central nervous system, thus rendering their foe unconscious. Unfortunately, this gas proved to be lethal to the female half of the Terran population. In an unprecedented effect, the 'sleep gas' bonded with the Terran nervous system in the brain and the system of glands throughout the body.

All Terrans became very ill and suffered alterations in the central nervous system making them impervious to changes in temperature. However, it was only the females who suffered from problems with the glandular bonding. Over three fourths of the female population died within the first month. Of those that were left, only a very few recovered completely.

The females that did survive were taken away by the Prantellians to be pampered and doted upon as gifts to the nobles of the highest stations. They had only one purpose in life. To breed.

In a wave of guilt for the unintentional mass destruction to the Terran race and a good dose of pragmatism for wanting to preserve what they felt was a superb example of a slave race with great potential, the Prantellians began a series of medical tests and experiments. At first, many of the test subjects didn't survive, but after a brief, but intensive study, that changed. After only three Terran years, a solution was found. The scientists of the Prantell Empire found a way to combine the DNA from two Terran males to form one living embryo. They also devised a way for this to occur repeatedly and naturally without intensive supervision. All it required was to surgically alter a male to modify his physiology so that he could carry a child to term and slightly adjust his hormonal balance and reproductive systems.

Once this technique was proven to be safe and effective, the Emperor himself ordered it into place. He steadfastly refused to allow the Terran race to die out. The Terrans were automatically given the best duty spots as it was, usually on the planets used to grow the food that fed the Empire, and they had proven themselves to be great workers. Now it was time to give them back something that they had lost,... hope for the future.