RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


The gang from Major Crime came to the hospital loaded down with balloons and toys, more gifts for the new baby and parents. When they arrived, they found Jim in the rocker with Laurene, and Blair asleep in bed.

Megan immediately walked over to Jim and peeled blankets back from Laurene's face. "Oh, what a dolly! She looks just like Sandy!" She scratched at the baby's chin and coo-cooed into her face.

Jim pouted. "What, she doesn't look like me at all?"

"She's got your chin, your long fingers," she said, letting the baby's hand curl around her index finger. When Laurene let out a yell and began crying, Megan chuckled. "And she's got your temperament. Poor Sandy!"

"Poor Sandy, my ass!" Jim complained. "All he has to do is lie there in bed and soak up the congratulations. Time to go back to work," he said, shaking the young man awake.

"What?" Blair grumbled, still sleepy.

"Laurene's hungry again," Jim told him, shoving the bundle into his lover's arms.

"But she just ate!" Blair complained, unfastening the gown's tie and exposing a breast. Megan looked on in surprised approval, while Simon and the other men of Major Crime turned away, embarrassed.

"You make a good mother," Megan commented. Blair flushed.

Noting the reaction of his colleagues to the breastfeeding, Jim flipped the light-weight blanket up over Laurene's head, effectively covering the feeding. "All clear, guys," Jim chuckled.

"I didn't know Sandburg was breastfeeding," Simon commented, turning around.

"Neither did we, sir, until a few hours ago. He says it's 'transcendental'."

"Sounds like Sandburg, all right."

"Oh, go blow it out your...."

"Blair!" Jim interrupted. "Watch your mouth around the baby!"

"Oh, like she didn't hear things like 'fuck my ass' and 'Jim, oh, Jim fuck me harder' when she was in the womb." Their visitors colored slightly at the intimate look into the private lives of their friends.

"Too much information, Sandburg," Simon admonished. "We just stopped by to see your little bundle and check on how you were doing."

"Everything's fine, Simon. We're good." Jim grinned. "Guess it's a good thing I put in for that early leave."

His boss chuckled. "Leave it to Sandburg to fuck with the schedule."

"Um, sir.... He's still on the hormones, and, um...."

"Turns me into a foul-mouthed bitch," Blair filled in, smiling. "Watch what you say."

"I guess maybe I'd better herd them out of here," Megan said, making motions to the men in the room to make their exit.

One by one they came over to give their congratulations and get their first look at Laurene Victoria Sandburg-Ellison. Snuggled in her daddy's arms, with a proud papa leaning over them both, she blew milky bubbles in their faces.

"We'll come by to visit again when you're settled at home," Joel Taggert told them before he was shoved out of the room by a pushy Aussie Inspector.

"What do you think, Blair?" Jim asked when everyone had finally gone.

"I think it was really nice they all stopped by, but it's really nice they're all gone, too. I'm exhausted."

"Yeah, I know the feeling," Jim agreed, kicking off his shoes. "Mind if I join you?"

Blair scooted over on the large bed, rolling over to face into the center. Jim climbed on top of the covers, stretching himself out. Laurene lay cushioned between them.

"She's such a miracle, Jim," Blair marveled, watching the squirming bundle on the bed.

"Not nearly the miracle you are," Jim whispered, leaning across their child to kiss his lover passionately.

~~~~~~~~~~

Laurene Victoria Sandburg-Ellison
Born: October 31, 1999, at 12:01 A.M.
Cascade General Hospital
7 lbs. 12 oz., 19.5 inches
Mother: Blair Sandburg
Father: James J. Ellison

~~~~~~~~~~

THE END
Chapter End Notes:
* What to Expect When You're Expecting by Arlene Eisenberg, Heidi E. Murkoff, and Sandee E. Hathaway, B.S.N. Published by Workman Publishing, New York. � 1984, 1988, 1991, 1996 by Arlene Eisenberg, Heidi E. Murkoff, and Sandee E. Hathaway.

*Additional author's note: Against the advice of a beta with some medical background and experience with the concept of male pregnancies, I have gone ahead with the idea of Blair nursing the baby. I've been told that in actual male lactation, the hormones given to sustain the pregnancy would taint the milk causing hormonal defects in the child, including stunted growth and even possibly puberty as early as age two. In light of this, no doctor would recommend mpreg breastfeeding. I also realize that this might be a major turn-off to some readers, but it just felt so right, such a Blair-thing to do, that I honestly didn't want to cut it from the story. Consider it science fiction, consider it AU, but please don't throw stones. {g}