RSS

Printer
- Text Size +







Story Notes:
English is not my native language, so I will probably make a few errors



*~*~*~*~*


Allright everyone, meet our new commissioner; Daisuke Salmi. Hell be a stand-in chief while I`m on my sabbatical. You loosers better be on your best behavior while you are with him. Well, solong then... When the chief walked out of the room all eyes turned into the new chief. He was actually quite good looking, about 5´11, kinda pretty with a platinum blonde hair.

The good parts were unfortunately only limited to his looks. There was an icy look in his eyes, and you could just tell he had an evil temper.

When nobody said anything, Jess Delan, the chief of staff, raised tentatively out of his chair " Uhh, welcome to our..." the commish seemed to snap alive "shut up and sit down " His voice ran through the room sharply " I have heard many things about you and all of them were bad. You have the lowest arrest rates on the county. You all have at least one reprimand on your record. I want all of that to change, even if it kills you trying. I do not tolerate any failures on your part. I expect to see a dramatic rise on the arrest ratios. From this day forward, the rules of that slacker Rose are no longer standing. Now on, the only way you idiots are going to get any leeway is through improving your rates, and that means you lazy bums have to actually do some work! You all better work damned hard too, because if I dont see that the rates have raised you are all going to be on serious trouble, I can guarantee that. Jess Delan, I want a word with you, the rest of you get out and DO YOUR WORK!

The whole force walked out of the room with a vaguely steamrolled look to them. " What the hell" " Who does he think he is " " Oh god, does this mean we have to wear suits again? " " Poor Jess " " Dee, I`ll protect you from the evil commish ! " The mating call of the one JJ sounded out to the horrified Dee, who then tried to make a break for it ( as usual ), but ( again, as usual ) failed. Ryo watched the ensuing debacle with an air of amusement. True, he was jealous when it happened the first few dozen times, but by now he saw the entire debacle very humorous " Ryo " Dee shouted " dont just stand there, get it off me ! "

Meanwhile, at the lair of eevil A.K.A the commissioners office: " Daisuke... dont you think you were a litte too hard on them. I mean, I know the arrest rates are not what they could be -" " Exactly! You are not as efficient as you should be! I am going to turn this department upside down! " " But Daisuke - " "I am going to make this precinct the best in New York! Hell, the best in the whole country! I`m going to do that even if I have to break the entire staff`s back! Then I can finally win the chief of the year award, and damn it, I`m going to win that award even if some cops die from working too hard! WHAHAHAHAHAA " Jess sweatdropped " You still have the ´evil overlord ´ laughter going on apparently"

" Heh... yeah. Now where are those..." Looks out of the window , sees the JJ-situation in progress and twitches " Eh.. What are those three doing? " Jess looked out of the window " Oh. Thats JJ and Dee. They do this at least once everyday, I would not worry about it " " Thats Dee Laytner? Oh good, I needed to talk to him. Is that guy over there Randy? " Opens the door and lets Jess out " DEE, RANDY get over here! You can have your lovers tiff on your own time" Disappointed JJ let go of Dee and leaved. ´phew, saved by the bell Dee thought and hurried to the room.

As the time went by, more and more people started to hate the commissioner. The statistics did get better, but no one seemed to care, even when the rules became more flexible. A group of officers even started a " I hate Daisuke " club. That all changed one afternoon, when some officers were on the breakroom with the commissioner. There was an awful lot of tension in the room ,then somebody turned on the TV.

Jerry Springer was on " Were interrupting the regular program with some admittedly bizarre news " The tv announcer appared suddenly on the screen " We have just been informed, that the son of the notorious crime family, the Morellis is on New York. Now I`m sure you all remember the ´Chicagos massacre ´ John Morellis father were alledgedly a part of? Normally this visitation would not be any breaking news, but for one shocking aspect! What is the story Annie? "

The image changed into a woman standing in front of the stairs of the 27th precinct " The suprising aspect of the John Morellis visitation is, that he is not here on the so-called ´family business´, he has actually taken a job! And not just any job! Right as we speak officer Morelli is getting his badge and a gun! I have interviewed a few people relating to this matter, but nobody here or in the Morelli family seems to know quite what is going on.

There seems to be some fuss behind me " looks back " Its ´officer´ Morelli, he`s making a statement! I will go and see, if I can get an interview " The camera follows as Annie runs up the stairs into a throng of reporters " mr. Morelli " "mr. Morelli " " How does your family feel about your career choice " " What made you do this supprising move? " John Morelli, tall, brunette and very bishounen loking, stood there in silence.

When the hustle died down he stepped forward " I would like to take this moment to announce, that I will start working in the criminal investigations unit this monday. That is all I want to say at the moment. Thank you. The reporters explode in to a flood of questions, but he walks away.

Congressman Leavyn walks forward and says: " I would like to say a few words if I may ? John Morelli has agreed to work with the police for a few advances: He must work at the direct contact with Daisuke Salmi, he must not be asked about his family, and he must be released from all the charges against him. Now I know this all seems to be very unfair to the police force, but I promise you that in the long run this will be beneficial to us all " During the news Daisuke had gone dead white. There seemed to be kind of a hunted look in his eyes. He kept whimpering " No " with a desperate sounding voice. Finally he snapped out of it and saw all the officers staring at him. He sweatdrops and mumbles " uhh, I guess we need to talk guys... "

Daisuke summoned the entire crime unit to the briefing room. Everyone was reminded of the last time they were with him, the irony of the situation was obvious. The entire force was dying to know what his connection with John Morelli were. Daisuke fidgeted a litte and looked very uncomfortable

" Uhh, well. Does anyone here know, what Hermaphroditus Mellita means? " When nobody answered he squirmed and continued nervously " It`s a hereditary disease, in wich a child is born with the genitals of the both sexes. Usually, the child dies without the treatment, wich is a sex changing, well, sex deciding surgery really, combined with hormone supplements. Unfortunately for me, my parents were a part of the " Jonathans New Christians ", a cult wich allows no surgery nor medication, so I was pretty much on my own "

" Anyway, as you can see, I lived. Now I am coming to an issue that concerns John. I am not an american, in fact I have only lived here for a three months, so naturally when I started to work in the Chigacos precint I was not familiar with the different criminals you have here "

" About two months ago I met John. He seemed pretty okay at first, so when he asked me to go out with him, I said yes. Well, to put a long story short: We dated for a month, I got a call from the internal investigations, and I wore a wire on our dates. We never busted him for anything "

" I got tired of that really soon and I dumped him, He tried to win me back, but I was adamant. I do not believe in dating criminals. Then I discovered I was pregnant "

Commissioner took a little pause to drink some water and observe the reactions of his audience. It was just as he had imagined; half were disapproving and the other half horrified

" I asked for a transfer as soon as I found out, and well, here I am" He took another sip and continued " The questions about John right now are: A. Does he know I`m pregnant? B. What is he going to do about it? C. What is he really doing here?. There is also another problem, You see, when I broke up with him I... I might have told him I would take him back if he separated from his family and all that. Anyway, the C. is what we really have to focus on. He could be here on a reason totally unrelated to me, for example ruining some drugbust, getting inside information or bribing someone, something nice and normal.. " had a sort of a dreamy edge in his voice " So I want all of you to watch your backs all the time, be careful what you are saying when he is around. JJ, Drake. I want you two to take him in.

Feed him some false information and do not let him investigate any crime scenes! " Smiling brightly, he edged towards the door Allright then! I`m glad we have this sorted out! Bye! "

Just when Daisuke was about to make a break for it, a girl from the reception rushed in " Commissioner ! I am really sorry for interrupting your briefing, but I have some news that just cant wait! We have just arrested Michael Grant " Michael grant was Leo Grants follow-up, so his arrest was some great news indeed. Daisuke was thinking feverishly. " Michael Grant,huh? He is single, right? " " Yes he is " " Good. I mean, I would like to interview him " " Yes, I`ll go ask when the officers are through with him" When she left the room Daisuke smirked " Heh. Well, isnt this interesting "