RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Chapter 3


While the two spoke downstairs Tony moaned again as he tossed his head, deep in the nightmare’s grip.

“You were always worthless, Anthony, and here’s my chance to finally be rid of you!” Michael DiNozzo Sr. growled as he let go of the fistful of Tony’s hair he’d held tight.

Tony saw the usual disgust in his father’s eyes as he looked him over. Tony struggled against the restraints securing him to the bed but they held firmly. He looked away from the raw hatred in those dark brown eyes to see the hospital bed he was lying in. He was still in his father’s house but the room had been filled with medical equipment. Oh, God, what were they going to do to him? He moaned, the only sound he could make behind the gag in his mouth. If his father just wanted to kill him he could have put a bullet in his head and gotten rid of the body so obviously he had something else planned and Tony was very sure he wasn’t going to like it. His father turned away as the door opened and Tony saw Michael come in with another man. The new guy was a head shorter than Michael but had the same coloring as his brother and father, dark brown hair and eyes, swarthy skin. The only difference was that the new guy had really curly hair cut close to his scalp. Both men wore the expensive suits typical of the crowd his family moved in. They walked up to the bed and Tony saw the new man briefly eye him like a starving man at a feast before the expression slid into one showing only mild interest. Tony quickly glanced at his father to see if he’d noted the look but his father was a master at hiding his thoughts and his face showed no expression. It was too bad. Tony would have liked to have seen that look of disgust pointed at someone other than himself for once.

“Hello, Gianni,” his father began so that they could get this over with. He knew neither man would say anything until he spoke first. That was his right as the head of the Family.

“Hello, Mr. DiNozzo. Please allow me to again tell you that I’m very grateful for this opportunity to join your Family in this ground-breaking manner. This will bring all the Families into the 21st century.”

Tony was shocked. Did this Gianni even realize that he’d just insulted his father by intimating the Family was not up with the times? His father didn’t answer, he just nodded his head as though in agreement but Tony knew better. That head nod was more an affirmation of his own thoughts, however dark they may be, which didn’t bode well for Gianni. And now Tony had a sinking feeling that he was somehow going to be tied to Gianni in a way that definitely didn’t bode well for him, either. He again struggled as panic began to filter through him.

Gianni Constantino was aware that DiNozzo didn’t respond to his opening and he felt a tendril of nervousness. Had he miss-stepped? He felt the need to fill the lengthening silence of the other two men.

“I didn’t know that your son was so pretty. He’ll make you a beautiful grandson.”

DiNozzo and Michael looked at one another without expression and Gianni had the horrible feeling that he’d somehow fucked up again. When would he learn to keep his mouth shut? He was fine when he was dealing with business, but this Family protocol thing was killing him. And now Anthony was fighting like mad. He didn’t know what to do or say so he remained quiet.

Tony was now in a full-fledged panic attack. He could see what Gianni was thinking and he knew his family well enough to fully understand now what they had planned. They were going to fix him so that he could have a baby. Gianni’s baby, if he read things correctly. And knowing his father and how he felt about anything even related to homosexuality, he now doubted if any of them would survive once his father got whatever it was he wanted out of this fucked up situation. You stupid fuck, Gianni! You have no idea what you’ve done to yourself…to ME! And he couldn’t believe his family would get involved in anything like this at all. Oh, this was bad, so very bad. He moaned and shook his head. He didn’t want to be part of this. Please, Father, don’t do this to me! Father, please…DON’T…HURT…ME!

Tony moaned again as he struggled against the nightmare restraints. He rolled over keeping his arms wrapped around himself and settled back into sleep until a sharp pain quickly brought him to awareness.

“Unnhaaaaaaggh!” Tony yelled as he struggled to sit up and reach for his calf at the same time. He felt grateful that he could at least reach his lower leg to massage the suddenly rock-hard muscle this time. He didn’t want to think about those other times when all he could do was writhe in pain until the cramp released itself. Just then the door burst open admitting Gibbs with gun in hand as he swept the room.

At the sound of a muffled groan Gibbs was up the stairs in a flash. Sig in hand he opened the door and checked the room. In a heartbeat he realized what the problem was even though Tony hadn’t said a word. He could tell from the grimace of pain just what was happening having massaged numerous severe muscle cramps out of Shannon’s legs through her pregnancy. Holstering his weapon he crossed the room to sit on the bed. Gently, he took over for Tony who immediately leaned back onto the bed with a groan. Gibbs felt the cramped muscle and then with firm fingers dug in and kneaded until he felt the cramp ease. Looking at Tony he saw the tracks of tears running down his cheeks and his stomach roiled although he didn’t know if it had been caused by the cramp or, judging from Tony’s appearance, a nightmare. Tony probably had a shitload more reasons for nightmares now. He wondered when it had happened and he kicked himself for not being able to spend every minute at Tony’s side. Gibbs felt the cramp ease but he continued to massage it for a bit longer.

“Thanks, Gibbs, its okay now.” Tony said tiredly. Now that the cramp was gone exhaustion was again pulling him down. He looked around, wondering what time it was but saw that it was still dark out. He saw that Gibbs was still dressed, no doubt keeping watch. He wondered briefly who was spelling Ziva. Probably McGee which means that Abby is either with Ducky or maybe even downstairs…. No! If she had been anywhere near the house she’d be right in the room with him curled up next to him and talking his ear off and although he missed his little sister desperately he knew he really couldn’t handle that right now. Really couldn’t handle her or McGee or even Ziva seeing him as he was right now. No, he didn’t want to think about any of that. He just needed to sleep a bit more and then he could make some plans. Just a bit more sleep and then he’d leave…

Gibbs saw the distant look in the shadowed eyes and wondered what Tony was thinking about. But then he saw the eyes slide shut for a moment before opening again to slits.

“Go back to sleep, Tony. I’ve got your six.” He murmured to the exhausted man as he pulled the blankets up and over the still form. In moments he knew Tony was again asleep. He indulged himself for a few moments more as he stroked gentle fingers through Tony’s hair and then bent over to place a whisper-soft kiss on Tony’s forehead before stepping silently from the room.

--------------------------

The next morning Gibbs went out to check the mail, scanning his neighborhood as he did so. He’d already checked with Ziva who was again watching from down the street after a break from McGee. She hadn’t seen anything suspicious. He wanted to know if anyone was following Tony when he came in the night before. Satisfied that there weren’t any new vehicles in the area, he returned to the house. He’d just spent the last several hours reviewing everything McGee and Abby had come up with on Constantino, which wasn’t a lot. There was only slightly more on Tony’s father. He’d been under scrutiny for years but nothing concrete had ever been found. By most accounts Tony’s father appeared to be exactly what he portrayed himself as…a very wealthy businessman.

He dropped the teabag into the cup of hot water and put it on the tray. He remembered from Shannon’s pregnancy that Tony shouldn’t be drinking any coffee right now. Well, he guessed at any rate, assuming that just because Tony was a man that the pregnancy wouldn’t be all that different. He smirked. Yeah, fat lot he knew. He was still trying to wrap his head around the whole thing to begin with and also how it affected him. He hadn’t slept the night before, finding himself just sitting by the bed and watching Tony sleep, watching as pained dreams made Tony’s brow furrow. Fear, pain, sorrow, all the bad emotions seemed to chase their way across the beautiful features and he found himself stroking Tony’s hair and whispering soft assurances of his safety. He’d even told Tony that he still loved him. And it was true although he realized while he sat in the dark room watching over Tony that he’d never said the words out loud when Tony could hear them. He was such an idiot.

Gibbs took another sip of his coffee and topped it off. He’d drink it while Tony ate, or rather, drank his breakfast. Ducky said he’d drop off some nutrition drinks later, but for now Gibbs hoped the fruit smoothie would be okay. He dug a straw out of a drawer, unsure of where it had come from but glad he remembered its presence. No, he’d never stopped loving Tony but the pain of his leaving had nearly torn him apart. And now he needed an outlet for all of that hurt, both Tony’s and his. He was going to find out who’d done this and he would make him pay.

Gibbs looked at Tony when he entered and saw that he was waking up on his own. He looked more closely and saw shadows still darkening the skin below tired looking eyes. Tony needed a hell of a lot more rest. Hopefully he’d be able to sleep more after he’d eaten.

“Hey, Tony…you awake?”

Tony jerked at his voice and opened his good eye, although the swelling of his other eye had gone down considerably. He visibly relaxed when he identified Gibbs.


“Yeah, Je…Gibbs. I’m awake.” Tony smiled and then winced slightly. His mouth was obviously still pretty sore.

“Got you some breakfast, if you’re ready. Ducky will be by in a little while to check up on you.”

“Okay, uh, thanks. I, uh, need to use the bathroom first. Can’t seem to stay out of it lately…”

Gibbs chuckled as he placed the tray on the nightstand and helped Tony stand. “Yeah, I remember that part. Shannon used to bitch up a storm…” His voice trailed off and the two men looked at one another. Tony broke contact first as a blush worked its way up his neck.

“I’ll just be a minute…”

Gibbs nodded and pulled up the chair he’d spent the night in. He was sipping his coffee when Tony came back out. He was still moving very stiffly and Jethro helped him back into bed. Once he was settled he placed the tray across Tony’s lap. Tony just stared at it.

“You need to eat, Tony. I’m sure you know that.”

Tony looked at him briefly but his eyes slipped away. He was trying to decide how much to tell Gibbs. His stomach started to hurt at the thought of revealing anything about his recent past, but maybe if Gibbs knew the truth…? He picked up the straw but instead of opening it to put in his drink, he began to tear the paper covering into small pieces. Gibbs reached out and placed his hand on Tony’s.

“Stop…please, Tony. Talk to me.”

Tony gave him a bemused look and then turned away again. Gibbs chuckled lightly. Yeah, he was a big one for talking… But surprisingly, Tony did begin speaking, the words still slightly slurred, his voice soft but unmistakable. It sent a pang of longing through Gibbs. Tony usually talked quietly in the dark while they relaxed after making love, his long arms and legs wrapped around Gibbs, his head tucked securely into Gibb’s shoulder. Now, although the timbre was the same, the words sent very different emotions burning through Gibbs’ heart.