RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +







Story Notes:

Disclaimer: These folks don’t belong to me, unfortunately, and no infringement is intended. I also don’t know the folks they do belong to but if I did, I’d tell them they don’t play with them nearly enough. They certainly don’t play with them in the way that I do. More’s the pity. At any rate, no coin is made off this little bit of self-indulgence. My only hope is that some pleasure is obtained by those choosing to read.



*~*~*~*~*


Chapter 1

Gibbs put down the cup and picked up the sander from his workbench and turned to survey the boat he was building in his basement. He was angry and frustrated. He contemplated putting the sander back down and reaching again for his bourbon-filled cup but decided against it. He needed the movement of working on his boat, slowly sanding the wood and letting his tension fall away like the sawdust he created. He knew he shouldn’t let Jenny get to him like this. It had only been a dinner invitation, one of many, all of which he’d turned down. The plain fact was that he didn’t want to be with her and he couldn’t get her to see that. What he really wanted was six foot two inch bundle of playful energy with a mile-a-minute mouth that made him feel alive. Shoving down the memories that assaulted him, he stepped towards the boat and began sanding. He hadn’t worked on this particular spot for quite awhile, not since that night. He groaned and stood straight for a moment but with typical determination forced himself to resume the slow methodical movement knowing that he wouldn’t be able to stop the memories.

Tony was leaning against the rib adjacent to the one I was working on. As usual, he was running at the mouth and I was letting his voice wash over me as I sanded. He was laughing, talking about some sappy movie that supposedly had great boatbuilding scenes. But the movie wasn’t about boatbuilding.

“So, what’s your point, DiNozzo?” I said as I straightened from my work.

“The point, Boss, is that every movie with a boat building scene has the guys building the boat…now, get this…outside.” He smirked. “Or at least in some type of workroom with doors that open out…”

He laughed again, that beautiful mouth stretched wide over a bright grin that made me want to just grab his head and kiss that smiling mouth. So I did. And it was just as incredible as I thought it would be. Tony’s lips were soft and his sweet, sweet mouth opened up immediately despite the shock he was no doubt feeling. I ran my tongue over his and heard a soft sigh just before he ran his hands around my back and pulled me in tighter. I twisted us so that he was against the rib I had been working on. He returned my kiss, hungry and sweet at the same time and it took my breath away. We’d been heading this way for a while now, some quiet dinners and watching some movies but by some unspoken agreement we hadn’t made any moves on one another, sort of like we still weren’t sure if this was friendship or something more. I’d say this is definitely something more.

Tony pulled back but left our foreheads touching. He was panting slightly and I realized that I needed to breathe, too. “Boss…”

“Jethro…” I corrected him as I moved my hands to his shoulders and began kneading lightly. I had him pinned against the boat and I wasn’t about to let him slip away. This is what I wanted and I hoped he did, too.

A quick smile, “Okay, Jethro…I need to know what you’re looking for here.”

His eyes were wary but hopeful. It was that second bit that cemented it for me.

“You, Tony, here with me every day and every night. I don’t want casual. Not with you.”


The look in his eyes and his brilliant smile were everything I wanted and I moved in for another kiss. He was mine, now, and I wasn’t ever going to let him go. And from the passion in his returned kiss I knew he felt the same way. It didn’t take long before we were making our way upstairs and Tony, God, Tony was everything I thought he’d be. Playful, passionate and so damn open, every emotion was right there in his eyes and in his moans as I pushed my way into him and in that moment I knew I’d been blessed for the second time in my life…

Gibbs suddenly spun and threw the sander against the wall. Tony is gone, damnit, get it through your thick skull... In that moment of silence, as he stared at the pieces lying on the floor he heard glass breaking and the creak as someone walked across the floor upstairs. It took only moments before he was making his way upstairs, his sig secure in his hand. He’d taken to locking his doors shortly after Tony had begun bringing some of his things over, including that ridiculously large TV that still sat in the living room, so anyone coming in at this point was definitely unwelcome.

He scanned the dark kitchen, seeing the broken glass reflecting moonlight from the floor near the rear door but everything was quiet. He moved silently through to the dining room and saw the light from a single table lamp shining in the living room. He hadn’t left it on so someone was there, waiting for him. He scanned the living room and saw that the lamp had been placed on the floor throwing the corners of the room into shadow. Still, he caught a slight movement and then leveled his gun at the figure sitting in the dark.

“Hi, Boss.”

The voice was slurred but unmistakable.

“Tony?” Gibbs immediately pointed his gun down and took a deep breath. “You’d better have a damn good explanation for being here, DiNozzo.”

Gibbs heard a hitch in breath as he thumbed the safety and reached for the ceiling light switch.

“Don’t!”

Gibbs froze.

“I, uh, I need to tell you some things before you hit the light, Boss.”

“Don’t call me Boss. I haven’t been your boss since you sent in your resignation to the Director and walked away from NCIS.”

“Okay, Jethro…I…”

“Don’t call me that either, DiNozzo. You lost that right when you walked away from me without a word…”

Gibbs paused at the sob that came from the corner and felt his gut clench. He couldn’t bear it when Tony cried. He heard a shaky in-drawn breath.

“Gibbs, okay…you’re right. About everything. I shouldn’t have come here.”

He saw the shadow stand up very slowly. The slurred words…

“Sorry about the door, I’ll pay you back…”

“Sit down, DiNozzo. You’re not going anywhere until I get an explanation. You owe me that much.” He saw the shadow freeze and then shift slightly, as though undecided as to what to do. “Tell me what’s wrong with you.”

“Got myself beat up, Gibbs. You know me, I never could keep my mouth shut…”

“Yeah, ya got that right.” Gibbs lifted his arm and hit the light switch and then felt like someone had just belted him. “Tony…” he gasped as he got his first look at his ex-lover but what he saw made no immediate sense and then he felt the world shift at Tony’s next words.

“Not just beat up, Gibbs. Got myself knocked up, too…”