RSS
Tom Manning
He is director of the Bureau of Paranormal Research and Defense.

In the film series, much like in the original graphic novel, Tom Manning (played by Jeffrey Tambor) is more of a bureaucrat and politician than supernatural investigator. He is also instrumental in debunking the conspiracy theories which surround the agency and the involvement of the FBI. In Hellboy, Manning holds a tense working relationship with Hellboy (even calling Hellboy a monster and being thrown out a window as a result) until Hellboy saves Manning's life (and vice versa), after which the two share a bonding moment in which Manning teaches Hellboy how to properly light up a cigar. Their tension is renewed, however, in Hellboy II: The Golden Army, in which Hellboy's actions result in the outing of the BPRD's existence and Manning being replaced by Johann Krauss as Hellboy's superior. At the beginning of The Golden Army, Manning seems upset and under stress from the amount of work he put in to keep Hellboy undercover (because Hellboy wasn't very concerned about staying secret, there were often many pictures or videos of him that Manning was forced to track down and get a hold of).
Stories
[ Reviews = 2 / Kudos Received = ]
They say HB sent him away, but is that the truth?
Updated: 04/04/2011; Published: 04/04/2011