A Fish Tale

Chapter 18

by

Oasis Herself

Rating: Sparrington. Mer-smut.
Disclaimer: etc. etc.
Originally Posted: 12/21/06
Note: A little rushed here... I'm baking cookies, wrapping gifts and posting smut... how festive is that! The mer-boys, however are playing "lets pretend." As always... thanks to Porridgebird for the wonderful beta and Elessil for the inspiration. Enjoy...........

Limpet

James rinsed his hands in the water besides the rocks and leaned back to watch Jack finish his own dinner.

Jack had apparently taken him at his word when James told him he would need his energy. He had already eaten his way through an impressive pile of oysters and was now working his way through an equally impressive pile of mussels.

For such a slight creature, James thought, Jack could pack away a truly amazing quantity of food.

He watched quietly for a few more moments and then let his gaze wander absently across the waters of the cove. His thoughts strayed to all that gold in their old cave... his gold.

It had been quite unexpected to discover that his share of the swag had been stashed and safeguarded, though he should have known that Jack would not have left that to chance.

He remembered the morning in the Captain's cabin of the Pearl, watching Jack struggle with his injury and his determination to attend to his ship's business despite it. That had been enlightening.

Jack ran a tight ship, James confirmed to himself in admiration, and even his crew, rag-tag as they seemed, were a competent and loyal company of sailors.

Thinking on it now, though, he rather suspected that, loyal or no, there might have been a fair amount of grumbling amongst them when they stowed James's share.

He snickered to himself.

Only Jack Sparrow could sweet talk a pirate crew into secreting away a king's ransom of gold in an old cave for a Commodore of the Royal Navy.

 

He looked up then, still grinning, to find Jack watching him.

"What is it that you're findin' so bloody amusing?"

"Only that you have managed to well and truly confound all of my most cherished beliefs concerning pirates."

Jack pressed his hands together and dipped his head in that odd little bow of his. "Captain Jack Sparrow, at your service, luv."

James gave a haughty sniff at that. "I still contend, though, that you are the worst pirate I've ever seen."

Jack busied himself with pushing empty shells into the sea and rinsing his hands before answering. "I'm a rich man, darlin'. An' with nary a drop more blood spilled than was necessary." He looked over at James then and winked. "I'm thinkin' that makes me a very good pirate."

"I suppose that's one way of looking at it," James conceded.

"And I should like to point out, James, you're a rich man now yourself."

That stunning thought had already occurred to him. "So I am, aren't I?" he murmured. He pillowed his head in his hands and gazed thoughtfully up at the darkening sky. "In fact, I believe I could actually retire now!"

"Oh, no ya don't, mate."

"I beg your pardon?"

"If you think I've any intention'a lettin' you deprive me of the pleasure of your fruitless efforts to catch me on the high seas, Commodore... well think again."

James studied him thoughtfully for a moment before answering smugly. "I daresay, Captain Sparrow, that I know your ways well enough now that I might actually be able to catch you."

Jack shot James a sly leer and dropped his voice to a low seductive purr. "I bloody well hope so."

James paused at the promise in that voice and considered some of the delicious possibilities of a captured Captain Jack Sparrow. Dangerous ideas, he cautioned himself.

He looked up and arched a reproachful brow at Jack.

"Can't fault a man for tryin'."

James shifted in his position and held out an arm to Jack. "Come here," he commanded softly.

Jack slid clumsily down the rocks to his side. He was still favoring his tail and carried the end of it high enough to prevent any possibility of painful bumps or jars.

James pulled him into his arms and waited patiently as Jack arranged his tail carefully atop his.

When Jack was at last satisfied that his tail was comfortable (and safe) he rested his head on James's shoulder. "So tell me Commodore... what do ya reckon you'd do if you ever managed to capture the most fearsome pirate in the Spanish Main?"

James knew full well that what he would be expected to do was not what he would actually do. He wondered why Jack would question him about that now. Certainly he must know that James could never seriously see him come to harm.

He looked down into Jack's face and read the teasing in his eyes. A bit of a game, James thought in amusement... very well then.

 

"If... Captain Sparrow? I believe you mean when, don't you?"

Jack grinned broadly. "You Navy blokes are always far too overconfident."

"And you pirates underestimate my determination when there is..." he dropped his hand to tease at the seam of Jack's pouch, "something I want badly enough."

He watched Jack's eyes darken and then felt the lightest touch of Jack's fingers against his own pouch.

"I have every confidence that I can catch you," James assured him. He leaned into Jack's neck, the game all but forgotten, and licked a long, wet path along the ridge of his gill.

Jack shivered and arched his neck, offering James greater access. "Reckon that brings us back to me first question, mate. What will ya do with me when you've caught me?"

James wasn't entirely sure why Jack was still pressing that, particularly now that James was clearly focused on the far more important business of lovemaking.

He bit down on the soft, sweet skin between Jack's neck and shoulder. If their world were a different place; he knew damned well what he would like to do if he ever caught Jack Sparrow... and he suspected Jack would be of a like mind.

He tipped his head back to look down into Jack's face.

Jack watched him solemnly for a moment and then the corner of his mouth curled into a faint, challenging grin. "What will ya do, Commodore, when you've caught me?"

It was then, with a rather painful clarity that James understood that this odd little game Jack wanted was as close as they would ever get to being together as men.

James, never one to back down from a challenge (particularly where Jack Sparrow was concerned), kissed Jack hard and entered into it.

He leaned into Jack's neck again and slipped the tips of his fingers into the opening of Jack's pouch. "I'll have you clapped in irons," he whispered into Jack's ear.

"So, it will be the brig for ole Jack Sparrow?"

"And secured in my cabin."

Jack squirmed against James's probing fingers. "Your cabin, eh? And what would a fine man like yourself want with a pirate in his cabin?"

James thought for just a second and then plunged in headfirst. "There's a table in my quarters, Sparrow... about waist high. Oak." He brushed his lips against Jack's mouth and murmured, "Very sturdy."

Jack chuffed out a sound somewhere between a laugh and a moan. "Yer a wicked man, Commodore."

"I daresay I'll be even more wicked when I have you bent over that table with your breeches hanging down over the tops of those ridiculous boots you wear."

Jack's mouth fell open in surprise.

James took advantage and leaned down to take him in a rough kiss, sliding his fingers deeper into Jack's pouch.

Jack whimpered into his mouth and James felt Jack's hand steal down into his pouch.

He was almost embarrassed at how rapidly his cock leapt at Jack's touch. It's been far too long, James thought, as he arched hard into that lovely callused hand.

They twisted up onto their sides, sprawled across the rocks and facing each other. Jack squirmed closer until their pricks were snugged together and wrapped his hand tightly around them both.

When James broke the kiss, they were both gasping and panting.

"Then what, James," Jack demanded, breathlessly, "tell me what you'll do then."

James squeezed his eyes shut and tried to think coherently. The image of Jack bent over that table—bare arsed and legs splayed—was burned into his mind now. Christ, he'd never be able to look at that damned table again.

"I'll be behind you... you won't be able to see me. You'll only hear the sound of my belt falling against the sole and then..." he sucked in a deep shuddering breath.

"And then..." Jack hissed into his ear, "and then?"

"The rustle of my breeches," James panted, "you'll hear the rustle of my breeches and you'll know that I'm going to take you."

James slipped his hand between their bodies and joined Jack's hand around their cocks.

"We'll be men, though. I'll need something to ease the way."

James's mind scrambled over that conundrum until Jack offered helpfully, "Lamp oil... ya can use lamp oil."

James grabbed at the idea. "Yes, I'll use lamp oil."

He had a moment's pause to wonder exactly how Jack knew that so readily, but Jack was whimpering low through his gills and arching hard against him and James was fully into their fantasy now.

"I'll take hold of your hips and you'll feel me press against you. You'll feel my... my co... Oh, God," James struggled to fight down his need to spend now.

Jack was no help. He was licking and chewing on his neck and whispering crudely in his ear. "Your cock, James. I'll feel yer cock slidin' into me arse."

"Yes, and you'll want it, won't you? You'll be desperate for me."

"Christ, yes," Jack cried, breathlessly, "that's why I let ya capture me."

James huffed out a low laugh and tightened his grip around their cocks, working them both hard. "Bastard," he muttered against Jack's ear, "I caught you fair and square and I'll take what's mine, fair and square."

"Against the table."

"In my cabin."

"Aboard yer Dauntless."

Jack hitched out a ragged cry and James clamped his mouth hard over Jack's and swallowed it down.

He couldn't talk anymore.. Christ, he couldn't think anymore.

Jack was twisting and squeezing his prick and his tail was thrumming in anticipation.

He distantly heard Jack sound through his gills and was vaguely aware of the hot splash of seed against his belly, but his own release was roaring through him now.

And as he arched and shuddered to completion, there fixed firmly in the forefront of his mind's eye, was the image of Jack... bare arsed, legs splayed and bent over that table.

It was the rumble of distant thunder that eventually brought James out of his languorous sprawl against Jack.

Jack stirred beside him, and mumbled sleepily against James's neck, "We got a blow comin', luv?"

"Just a thunderstorm, I think," James answered, though he studied the sky carefully.

Jack lifted his head to sniff delicately at the heavy air. "Aye. Reckon we won't need to take shelter in the cavern."

 

Jack was oddly silent when they returned to the cave.

James left him to his peace and stretched out beside him, certain that Jack would speak his mind when he was ready.

It didn't take long.

"Ya ever wonder what it might be like, James?"

"What?"

"Fuckin' as men."

"I... yes, I suppose I have. Haven't you?"

"Aye, and I don't mind admittin' it to ya."

"You know, of course that we couldn't possibly... that you and I can't ever..."

Jack rolled over and kissed him. "I know. I'm a pirate, James, and you're a Commodore of the bloody Royal Navy. I know damned well that a dalliance between us would get neither of us anything but hanged."

Jack curled against him and was silent again for several minutes.

When he finally spoke, there was an edge to his voice. "Suppose there'd be any number of fine, like-minded gents over at the fort, though, eh...? If you were of a mind."

"What exactly are you suggesting?"

"Only that you may have gotten a taste for different things now, mate."

James swallowed down a bitter flare of jealousy and asked cautiously. "Will you seek out other men when the enchantment ends?"

"'Course not. Just thinking' you might be wonderin' about it."

"No, never."

Jack rolled over to look down at him, kissed him hard and then whispered against his lips, "Swear it to me, James. Swear to me that you'll never take up with another man. Fuck women, love women, get married... Christ, have a slew of children, but please, James... please."

"Shhh... hush, Jack. I swear it." He pushed the damp hair off his forehead and soothed the worry line between Jack's brow with gentle fingers. "I swear it, Jack. I can't even imagine wanting another man in the way that I have wanted you."

He kissed him and tucked Jack tight against his side. "Swear it to me, as well."

"I swear to you James, on pain o' death that I'll never want, nor take, nor be taken by, another bloke."

 

James woke to deep darkness in the early morning hours of the night. He could hear the storm raging outside and the waters within their cave churned with the pounding storm tide.

Jack was curled safely in his arms with his face pressed into the curve of James's neck and sleeping soundly.

It was probably only the storm that had awoken him; nevertheless, he remained still and silent and listened to the odd echoing thunder of the surf crashing against the rocks of their cave.

He was just about to drift off again when he thought he heard something.

He strained in the darkness, trying to hear it again, and when he did, it took him several seconds to realize he was hearing the excited clicking cries of the pod.

Jack stirred then and stretched against him before asking in a sleep-thick voice, "What is it, luv?"

"The pod is out in the cove."

Jack lifted his head. "Aye," he said after a moment. "Wonder why in bleedin' hell they're out in this foul weather?"

James had a heartsick moment of remembering the body of the merman they had found on the beach of Port Royal. He sent a quick, fervent prayer heavenward that the pod's reasons for venturing into the storm tossed waters was not because of a member of their own.

Before they had time to wonder further, James heard a series of clicks coming closer. He recognized them for Aroo's before he ever reached the surface waters of their cave.

"James—Jack," Aroo called, "you must come quickly. A ship is foundering beyond the cove and will go down on the rocks soon."

James felt Jack shiver beside him and clutch at his hand. "Afraid we'll have to pass on this night's entertainment, mate. That's just not a sight I reckon either of us would relish seein'."

"You misunderstand, Jack Sparrow," Aroo answered impatiently. "We have all been summoned by the old ones to give aid."

"But Jack's injury... surely they can't expect Jack to be able to make his way through those seas!"

"Jack Sparrow will be needed as well."

James felt Jack pull away from him and sit up. "For God's sake, Jack, you can't possibly be seriously considering this."

"You must come," Aroo stated firmly.

He heard Jack sigh. "Seems I am, luv."

 

Chapter 17 :: Chapter 19

 

Leave a Comment
(If you're commenting about a specific chapter, please mention that.)

Read Comments
(Warning: May contain spoilers!)

 

Disclaimer: All characters from the Pirates of the Caribbean universe are the property of Disney et al, and the actors who portrayed
them. Neither the authors and artists hosted on this website nor the maintainers profit from the content of this site.
All content is copyrighted by its creator.