Notes: Look, another story! This writing stuff is getting addictive.

Thanks again to Bast and Myra, Betas Extraordinare. Any remaining errors are entirely my fault.

 

Exploration

 

Blair Sandburg woke up feeling warm and safe. He was wrapped securely in strong arms, spooned comfortably into a broad expanse of chest. He snuggled back a bit, relishing the solid warmth, the feel of the erection pressing firmly into his backside...Whoa! Blair's eyes flew open. This was not his bed. "Morning, Lover," a sleep-roughened voice said softly in his ear. Blair gathered his scattered thoughts. That was Jim's voice, this was Jim's bed, and last night, last night had gone so far beyond wonderful, Blair couldn't find the words to describe it. Not before coffee, anyway.

Blair rolled onto his back and looked at his Sentinel. Jim was lying on his side; his head propped up on his hand. He looked indecently good for first thing in the morning. Blair had no illusions about how he looked when he woke up. His hair stuck out like it was trying to escape from his head, his beard was rough enough to sand wood, his eyes were gummy, and he was pretty sure he had been drooling in his sleep. But Jim was looking at him like he hadn't eaten in a week and Blair was breakfast. Blair did the only prudent thing; he pulled Jim down for a thorough kiss.

"Morning," Blair said when they finally came up for air. Blair's stomach growled loudly, sending both men into paroxysms of laughter. When they had composed themselves, Jim said, "We never did get around to dinner last night."

"I don't know," Blair replied with a grin, "we had plenty of protein."

"Imp," Jim growled, and pounced on him, kissing and tickling every bit of Blair he could reach. When Blair's stomach interrupted them again with an insistent rumble, Jim rolled on top of Blair and kissed him firmly. "I guess we better get you some food."

"Mmm," Blair agreed. "Shower first, though. Even I can smell us. I don't know how you can stand it."

Jim nuzzled Blair's neck, and took in a few deep sniffs. "I kind of like it." He took in another deep breath. " You smell like...Mine."

"Going to be a possessive lover, huh?"

Jim turned pink. "I guess so."

Blair deftly rolled them over, so he was straddling his embarrassed lover. "Good," he said fiercely. "I won't share you!"

Jim looked startled for a moment, then he smiled slyly at him. "So now that you've got me, what are you gonna do with me?"

Blair leaned down and kissed him on the jaw. " I guess," he began, interspersing kisses and words, "I'll have...to keep you...too busy...to get...into trouble." Blair rocked his pelvis back and forth, teasingly bringing their erections into contact, then apart. Jim arched into him, seeking more of the pleasurable contact.

Blair rocked harder, forcing a moan from Jim. He fastened his lips on to Jim's, kissing him deeply, almost dizzy from the heady thrill of loving his fierce, powerful Sentinel. Blair could hear his pulse thundering in his own ears, then his passion-fogged brain realized that it wasn't his pulse, it was someone pounding on the door. Blair broke the kiss. "Door. Jim, there's someone at the door." Jim gazed blankly at Blair, then the words penetrated the sensual haze he was in.

"Oh, shit. It's Simon!" As Jim abruptly sat up, Blair found himself falling sideways, and only the quick reflexes of his lover saved him from a tumble to the floor. "We're supposed to be helping Brown move to his new condo today!"

"Damn. It would be this weekend." Blair flopped back on the bed with a frustrated huff. "And Simon's timing just sucks!" He sighed. "You better let him in before he pops a vessel."

"Me!"

"Hey, he's your Captain! I'm gonna take a shower." Blair climbed out of bed and headed toward the stairs. Jim grabbed him by the wrist. "Brown's things won't take all day, Chief. Since we're moving stuff," he paused and took in a deep breath, "um, when we get home can we move your stuff upstairs?"

The smile that blossomed across Blair's face was bright enough to light up Cascade. "Yeah. I can do upstairs."

With a quick hug, the two men went downstairs to start the day.

 

End

 

previousindexnext

[Home] [Library] [Connections]

Email griffin@squidge.org