Fandom: In the Heat of the Night (TV series)
Pairing: Bubba Skinner/Parker Williams
Rating: G
Disclaimer: Still don't own them, Still very poor and I still need to get my car fixed.
Notes: Well when I first read the challenge in January I thought oh interesting and I put in my file of things to think about when my muse has nothing to do *g* So on one of the few days I had off I had a chance to watch one of the reruns of "In the Heat of the Night" and I remember thinking that guy who played Bubba was such a Hunk and what a shame it was that there was so little Slash fan fiction on the show and all and suddenly this story popped in my head so here is my answer to the challenge and as my wonderful Beta, Carrie, said when she went through it was "Wow this story brought back major flash backs for her." So I hope you enjoy the story and enjoy the flash backs *g*
Warnings: Never write slash while talking to your mother on the phone. It just doesn't work.
Summary: Cold comfort.

Challenge: the November 2001 "Who Knew?" Challenge, a romance between unromantic or unlikely characters.

 


Through Sickness and Health

by Lady Q




Sergeant Bubba Skinner tiredly walked into his home. He had just come off of a long stakeout, made even longer by the fact that his partner for the entirety of it was Officer Sweet.

He tiredly dropped his jacket on the floor, and began to take off his clothes as he made his way upstairs and into bed.

Last night--or was it this morning?--he couldn't remember, as he ran tired fingers threw his brown hair and started to unbutton his light blue shirt.

It wasn't that he didn't like the young officer. It... was... just the fact that the man made him feel old.

He preferred his country music to Sweet's newest jazz sensation. Sure, he liked to talk sports and discuss latest news events, but as Bubba sat down on the hall chair, took off his boots and began to unzip his pants, he admitted that what was wrong with the stakeout was the fact that he missed seeing his very sick lover.

His lover had unfortunately had come down with a bad cold, and without him, the Sparta Police Department fell apart.

He softly chuckled once again as he remembered the Chief ordering Detective Tibbs to operate everything so he could keep track of his men.

Bubba shook his head and then softly opened the door. He took off his blue boxers, and then, he was standing naked in their bedroom.

He walked over to their bed, looked over the sick dispatcher of the Sparta Police Force, and placed a gentle kiss on his forehead.

He smiled as he lifted the covers slightly off their bed so he could get in. Once he was laying down, he felt his lover roll over and put his arms around him.

Parker Williams sleepily opened his eyes and lovingly smiled up at Bubba.

"I missed you," he said as he gently kissed Bubba's neck and under his chin.

Bubba gently smiled and placed another kiss on Parker's head. "I missed you too, along with the Chief, Tibbs, and the rest of our department. They all told me that they hoped you get better soon."

Bubba leaned his head down and kissed Parker's sore nose, and smiled at the groan that came from him.

He chuckled and brought his lover closer to his warm naked body. "Are you feeling better?"

Parker slightly smiled and said. "Now that you're here, I am starting to feel a lot better," he said as nuzzled closer to Bubba.

Bubba smiled and kissed him again as he watched his lover start to drift off to sleep. He soon began to follow until he remembered that he had left Althea's chicken noodle soup out in the car.

He let out a tired sigh and gently removed Parker's arm from around his waist and his hand from his butt. He got out of bed once more as he grabbed his blue robe and began to put it on.

Parker opened his eyes and curiously watched his lover start to walk out of the door and head downstairs barefoot. "Where are you going?"

Bubba sighed, then turned his head and smiled back at his lover. "Forgot the chicken soup that Althea made to help you get better."

"Oh okay. Remind me to thank her the next time we see her." Bubba nodded and started to once more head back downstairs for the all important chicken soup.

The End

 


Challenges * Home * Stories