Fandom: Kung Fu: The Legend Continues
Pairing: Peter Caine/Kermit
Rating: G
Disclaimer: Still Very Poor, Still can't buy a house, Still making car payments and still living in a one bedroom apartment with two crazed cats. But on the bright side at least I have a roof over my head :)
Notes: Well yes I know it's been a long time since I've written anything but my Muse has been in a snit so what could I do? So I waited it out and then it finally calmed down enough to inspire me to write this down. I hope this lasts :) I would like to thank Marley, who was Solace but she felt the need for a change and now it is Marley :) for coming back and still proving to me that she is the best multi beta around :) Missed you sweety :) Thanks to everyone for writing and asking if I was still among the living which I am but My Muse was in a snit.
Warnings: None.
Summary: see challenge

Challenge: Write a story where your characters are at the beach.

 


A Moment in the Summer Sun

by Lady Q




Kermit let out a sigh of relief as he laid down on his dark green towel on the beach.

He closed his eyes as he remembered how he came to be at there with his playful lover. It was the middle of scorching July, Peter and he had just finished closing a really brutal case, and were in some definite need of some down time. Peter, knowing how much of a workaholoic his lover was, had tricked him into going to the beach by using his best puppy dog look. Kermit had taken one look at his love and had simply gave in.

"Caine must have taught him the secret of the puppy dog look as part of Peter's Shaolin training." Kermit thought out loud.

So with picnic basket, beach towels and sunblock, Peter had set about giving his lover a relaxing day at the beach.

The feel of sand dancing across his legs brought Kermit out of his reverie to look at his lover kneeling above him.

Kermit took one finger and pulled down his green shades to look at his playful lover as he asked, "What, pray tell, are you up to, Peter?"

Peter smiled teasingly down at his calm and cool lover. "Playing in the sand," he answered as he tossed a small handful at Kermit and then ran away.

"Catch me if you can, Lover!" Peter called out as he dashed down the beach.

Kermit growled as he got up off his towel and chased his laughing lover. He thought, as he chased after Peter, that he had never felt happier and more at peace with himself than he did at that very moment.

"Gotcha," Kermit exclaimed softly as he wrapped his arms around Peter's waist, causing them both to fall in the sand.

"No," Peter said as he in turn wrapped his arms around Kermit's waist. "It's the other way around. I've got you." He then leaned up and placed a kiss on Kermit's nose.

Kermit smiled down at his lover as he took off his sunglasses and leaned down to kiss him more thoroughly. His dark eyes grew serious as he looked at Peter and whispered softly, "I love you, Peter Caine, more than life itself."

Peter smiled up at his lover as he ran a finger down Kermit's cheek. "I know, and I love you just as much."

Kermit smiled, leaned down, and started exploring his forever summer lover.

The End

 


Challenges * Home * Stories