Fandom: Magnificent 7
Pairing: Ezra Standish/Josiah Sanchez
Rating: G
Disclaimer: Still making payments on my car and paid all of my bills.
Notes: Sequel to Hope.
Well it's is finally finished after almost a year of leaving it alone because I had gotten writer's block and then my Muse got distracted by other fandoms. :) So everyone here is the last story in this trilogy. I hope you like it and as always for Solace, who is in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks to Kris for looking it over for me :)

Series: Faith, Hope and Love
Warnings: Never tell your family that you have the day off because then they will think of things that you need to do. :)
Summary: see challenge *g*

Challenge: To write a story dealing with Faith, Hope and Love.

 


The Greatest of These Is Love

by Lady Q




'Love,' Josiah thought as he neared the saloon. 'Along with hate are the strongest of human emotions.

'Many empires have risen and fallen because of love,' he thought as his deep blue eyes met with green.

"Ezra," he paused as he swallowed the lump that formed in his throat. "Would you like to walk with me for a bit?"

Ezra placed his worn cards into his pocket and silently looked up at the tall man standing in front of him.

'Love,' Ezra thought, 'is the most frightening of all human emotions. For it is the one emotion that will leave you the most vulnerable.'

It is for love that many a man has fallen, hurt, or worse, left behind because the one you love had died.

Is love worth the risk of losing your heart, your soul and your life?

He asked himself as he looked up in to Josiah deep sapphire blue eyes and without knowing why, he nodded his head and stood up to walk beside the man he was willing to risk his heart for.

They walked in silence for a while until Josiah cleared his voice and broke their uncomfortable stillness.

Josiah let out a soft sigh and looked at the man walking beside him. He nervously swallowed the lump that had formed in his throat as he worked up the courage to speak.

"Faith, Ezra," he said as he watched a bird fly across the sky. "Is a powerful thing."

"It takes faith to believe that everything will turn out all right and it takes faith to tell someone how you feel about them."

"Faith to believe that you have forgiven me of my wrongs," Josiah said as he remembered his dealings with Maude and the loss of Ezra's saloon.

Ezra looked away from the man he had fallen in love with as he unconsciously pulled out his worn deck of cards and began to move them back and forth between his nimble fingers.

"Hope, Josiah," he answered softly as he looked up at the man standing before him, "Is the basis for survival out here. Two years ago when I came out west, I came in hopes of finding the preverbal pot of gold. But Lady Luck had other plans and instead put me in the path of love."

"Love," Ezra paused as he looked up at the older man. "Love leads to forgiveness, Josiah. I have had the time that I needed to forgive you of your wrongs to me, Josiah."

Josiah was humbled by his friend's choice of words. He looked away as he spoke, "You mentioned love, Ezra." He swallowed his nervousness and asked his next question. "Are you in love with someone?"

Ezra also looked away as he answered, "Yes, Josiah. I find myself falling more in love with this person each and every day even though he doesn't know it."

"Doesn't know it?" Josiah exclaimed softly as he looked at the man standing beside him.

"Yes, I am unable to tell him how I feel because I am unworthy of his affections towards me."

"Ezra," Josiah paused as looked at the man standing before him. "There is no such thing as 'Unworthy' when it comes to love. Love is the most powerful of all human emotions it can make a person suffer in the silence of unrequited love or it can set that person free and let their love soar among the heavens. But unworthy? No Ezra." He said as he let his fingers brush against Ezra's soft cheek. "Love can never be unworthy."

Ezra swallowed the lump that had formed in his throat as he reached up and touched Josiah's roughened cheek. "Then, if love is not unworthy then I am not unworthy to tell you how much I am in love with you, Josiah."

"You love me?" The question held amazement in his soft voice.

Ezra nodded as stepped closer to Josiah and wrapped his arms around his waist. " I've known that I loved you since that nightmare with the saloon happened between my Mother and I. But before that, I think my love for you began to grow in me the day we met."

"Oh, Ezra," Josiah whispered as he brushed a kiss through Ezra's soft hair. "Like you, I didn't know how much I loved you until that moment when Maude took your beloved saloon away from you. When I realized what I had done and how I had helped her, it felt as if my soul had died that day. I still can not forgive myself for being so deceived by her beauty when I should have been looking more closely at her soul."

"Will you ever forgive me?" he asked as he held Ezra's face in both of his hands.

Ezra took one of his hands and brought it to his lips where he placed a soft kiss in the middle of Josiah's palm. "That is when I was able to forgive you, for it was love that lead me to have hope that you might return my feelings. Do you, Josiah?" Ezra nervously asked as he looked up at his love. "Do you return my feelings of faith, hope and love?"

"Oh, love," Josiah softly exclaimed as he pulled Ezra closer to his body.

"It took my belief in faith to come to you today with my soul bared to you. Hope that you would have forgiven me for my sin against you and your love for me to free my soul. I love you, Ezra P. Standish." He whispered this against Ezra's lips before he kissed them with all of his passion and love.

Ezra groaned at the feel of Josiah warm sensual lips against his as he wrapped his arms around Josiah's neck and returned the passionate kiss.

A kiss that was filled with faith, hope and a love that will last a lifetime.

The End

 


Challenges * Home * Stories