Fandom: Kung Fu: The Legend Continues
Pairing: Peter Caine/Kermit
Rating: G
Disclaimer: I have to pay bills today so there for I am still poor.
Notes: Once again I would like to thank Denise for hunting down the challenges to answer these stories when I came up with nothing. :) To Kris, for looking over my stories and as always for Solace, who is in my thoughts and prayers.
Warnings: Never trust anyone over thirty... Wait a minute.. I'm thirty so does that mean that I can't trust myself? Oh how the mind does boggle :)
Summary: Peter realises the truth.

Challenge: the August 2002 "Secret Admirer" Challenge

 


Peter's Epiphany

by Lady Q




'It's amazing,' Peter thought as he watched the man sitting next to him in the car silently working on his laptop. 'How one realizes when they have fallen in love with a person.'

'Take me, for example.' He continued his inner monologue as he turned reluctant eyes away from the darkly handsome man and watched the silent, empty warehouse. 'Here I am, just minding my own business, working on a stake out, when, WHAM! I realize that I am in love with Kermit.'

'Not just love "like a brother" type of love either. No, this is deep down, in the soul forever, type of love.

'The kind where you want to wake up in the morning, his strong arms around you and be kissed 'til you are still senseless that night.'

Peter let out a soft laugh at how stupid he was at not realizing it until now.

'How could I have been so blind?' he thought as he looked at the man once more.

'I've always loved him. Since that first moment, when he walked into the station all dark and dangerous, my heart knew where it belonged. But with my Dad just coming back into my life and learning how to balance my past with my present, I guess I just didn't have the time to deal with it. I pushed it down 'til it was ready to remind me again how I truly feel.'

Peter laughed again and shook his head at his timing. His soft chuckle caused Kermit to look up from his computer, eyebrows raised over his dark shades.

Peter turned and grinned as he shrugged his shoulder up at Kermit, all while trying to contain the giddy feeling inside of him.

Kermit shook his head and went back to his work.

'That's right, ' Peter thought as he again watched his soon to be lover. 'Go on back to work, Kermit. I know that I love you, and for right now, that's all that matters.

'The battle for your heart will start soon, and it's a battle that I plan on winning. After all, I am a Caine and Shaolin, and when we see something we want, we never lose,' Peter thought as a goofy smile slowly crossed his face.

"You're staring," Kermit softly spoke as he looked up at the handsome young man sitting next to him.

Peter's smiled widened.

"Yeah, I know, " he said as he turned and looked once more at the empty warehouse. It was then that Peter began to plan the siege for winning Kermit's heart.

The End

 


Challenges * Home * Stories