Fandom: Kung Fu: The Legend Continues
Pairing: Peter/Kermit
Rating: G
Disclaimer: Still poor and still don't own them.
Notes: Thanks to Kris for looking this over for me and as Always for Marley, who is with out a server.
Warnings: Never eat too much turkey.
Summary: Kermit contemplates dreams and realities

Challenge: to write a story that has to do with dreams.

 


Dreams

by Lady Q




'A philosopher once said that "we are not living a reality but what we think is reality is really a dream." If this is a dream, then I never want to wake up. For it's the nicest dream that I ever will have.' Kermit thought as he propped himself up in bed and happily watched his lover sleep.

'Most of my life has been one big nightmare. From the loss of loved ones to hiring my self out to kill others, not one time has there ever been any good in it until I met you.' He thought as he gently ran a finger through Peter's hair.

'You are a man with a soul of a Shaolin Priest and a heart of a cop. The day we met you brightened up the dark places in my soul. I felt the darkest shadows lift away as peace and contentment entered my well being.'

Kermit let out a soft sigh as he looked at his sleeping lover as he remembered their earlier meeting, ' Oh, I may have fought your kindness, and I would have won, too, if it hadn't been for that look in your eye. The one that said, 'We have met before. We have been friends before, and we were lover's before.'

'I think it was at that moment that I began to believe in the crazy theory of past lives. I think it was then that my nightmare began to change and turn into some weird surrealist dream of hope, peace and the possibility of love entering my life and finally staying.'

'Tonight, when you told me over dinner that you loved me, and kissed me on the lips, I think it was then that my nightmare finally ended and turned in to one of those nice wet dreams filled with steamy sex, romance and a naked you.'

'So, if my reality is like that philosopher said and it is all a dream, then, I hope this dream never ends. For without you, Peter Caine, I would still be living that one big, never-ending nightmare of a dream. For without you, there would be no hope, peace or love in my life. I would be a cold and lonely man walking through the dark corridors of my eternal nightmare.'

As Kermit wrapped his strong arms around his sleeping lover and pulled Peter closer to his naked chest, he whispered softly in Peter's ear, "I love you, Peter Cain. Never will I let go of this dream of mine. I promise you this that we will always be together, whether it be a dream or in another life. My soul will belong to you. My heart will search for your heart and my dreams will be filled with nothing but our love for each other." Done with the words, he placed a soft kiss on top of Peter's forehead.

He held his lover in his arms and placed his head on Peter's chest. Kermit listened to the soothing and reassuring heartbeat of his love as it lulled him to sleep with dreams filled with his lover.

The End

 


Challenges * Home * Stories