Fandom and Pairing: listed with each drabble
Rating: G
Notes: My website is SteelWolf.
Disclaimer: I don't own them. I'm not making any money from this... you know the drill.

Challenge: the December 2001 Quickie Challenge, "Under the Mistletoe".

 


Mistletoe Drabbles

by TimberWolf




Like A Charm

[Mag7 ATF AU, Ezra/Buck]

Buck grinned as he swept into the Team 7 offices. A sprig of mistletoe bobbed over his head on a spring, and several bright lipstick smears decorated his cheeks.

“Worked like a charm,” he chuckled.

“What worked, Mr. Wilmington?” Ezra looked up from his paperwork, eyes twinkling.

“Mistletoe.” Buck pointed. “You know, Christmas kisses?”

“Is that what that contraption on your head is for?” Ezra teased. “Let’s test it then, shall we?” Curling his hand behind Buck’s head, Ezra stretched to brush his lips against Buck’s with a soft, sweet kiss. “Merry Christmas, Buck.”

Buck blinked, grinning, “Merry Christmas, Ez.”

 

 

Excuse

[Sentinel, Jim/Blair]

Jim Ellison shuffled through the loft door, exhausted after a long night of solo surveillance. Blair had begged off, saying he had papers to grade that had to be done before the Christmas break. Dropping his keys in the basket, Jim stretched, rolling his head from side to side. Looking up, he spotted a sprig of fresh mistletoe hung over the door.

“Sandburg!”

“Yeah, Jim?” Blair asked as he walked over.

“What the hell is that?”

Blair blushed, slightly. “An excuse,” he murmured, pulling his startled partner into a quick kiss.

“You never needed one.” Jim smiled. “Merry Christmas, Blair.”

 

 

What Am I Pretending?

[RtED, Miguel/Tulio]

Miguel raised his hand, holding a bright yellow flower over Tulio’s head.

“What are you doing?” Tulio pushed at Miguel’s hand, brushing off his hair.

“Can’t you just pretend for a minute?” Miguel moved the flower back over Tulio’s head.

“No, whatever it is, I can’t. Get away with that thing.”

“Pleeease?” Miguel whined, blinking wide green eyes at his scowling partner.

“No.”

“Just once?”

“No.”

Miguel’s shoulders drooped with a dramatic sigh and his arm fell.

Tulio sighed. He growled at his partner. “What am I pretending?”

“That it’s mistletoe.”

“Well, why didn’t you say so?” Tulio grinned lasciviously.

 

 

Deck the Halls

[Starsky & Hutch, Starsky/Hutch]

“Hutch!” Starksy yelped, as he rounded the corner, nearly running into the chair his partner stood on in the middle of the hallway. “Don’t ya realise how this looks?”

“What?” Hutch muttered around the nails in his mouth. “I’m just helpin’ decorate the station a bit. I only have two hands, you know.” He shrugged the tinsel hung loosely over one shoulder as he pulled at the lights strung over the other.

Starsky grinned wickedly. “Yes, but did ya look at what you’ve stuffed in your belt?”

Hutch looked down, blushing wildly at the mistletoe hanging innocently over his zipper.

 

 

Traditions

[Enterprise, Archer/Reed]

“What’s this?” Dr. Phlox asked, glancing around the mess hall at the bright red and green decorations.

“It’s a tradition from Earth. Christmas. A time for sharing gifts and celebrating friendship and peace.” Archer answered.

“And decking the halls,” Trip added with a grin.

“And this?” Phlox pointed.

“Mistletoe.” Trip grinned knowingly.

“It’s purpose?” Phlox asked.

“Allow me to demonstrate,” Archer grinned. Pulling a startled Lt. Reed from his seat, Archer lowered his head, brushing his lips in a soft caress against Malcolm’s. Eyes twinkling with mischief, Archer murmured, “Merry Christmas, Lt. Reed.”

“Very interesting,” Phlox grinned, eyeing Trip.

 

 

Yearning

[QAF-UK, Stuart,Vince]

Vince stood on the fringe of the party. Cameron was beside him, chatting with a friend from work. Vince smiled and nodded, pretending to pay attention, but his eyes were glued to the other side of the room.

Stuart Allen Jones. Laughing. Smiling. Luring every handsome young bloke he could find under the mistletoe for a quick kiss and grope. Vince yearned to be one of those lucky boys. To be pulled against Stuart, to feel Stuart’s lips press against his own.

Stuart looked over and smiled, raising his glass in a silent toast.

Vince whispered, heartbroken. “Merry Christmas, Stuart.”

 

 

Dreams

[HtLJ, Hercules/Iolaus]

“What’s this?” Hercules asked, fingering the small leaves.

“Aphrodite gave it to me. It’s called mistletoe.”

“What’s it for?”

Iolaus smiled. “Making dreams come true.”

“How’s it supposed to do that?”

“Well, traditionally speaking, when a person stands under the mistletoe, they get a kiss.”

“Okay, and?”

“And I’m standing under it right now.”

Hercules looked around, “But there’s no one else here.”

“Exactly!” Iolaus grinned.

Hercules looked at the mistletoe, then back at his partner. “You mean you want me to...”

“Yes,” Iolaus interrupted moving closer to Hercules, “I want you to.”

Hercules smiled, and Iolaus’ dream came true.

 

 


Challenges * Home * Stories