Fandom: HP
Pairing: Sev/Harry
Rating: PG
Disclaimer: These characters belong to whoever they belong to. I just borrow them.
Notes: My webpage is iwannabedonna.
I am attempting, if at all possible, to answer every challenge put out by the Challenge_The_Muses list for the month of April. Some will be combinations, some will be single challenge answers. I would love feedback. And if hell freezes, this includes the Holidays/Birthday challenge list.
Also, my first completed Sev/Harry fic. *Happy Dance of Severus Love*.

Warnings: None.
Summary: War brings strange bedfellows.

Challenge: the April 2003 Love/Hate Challenge... they hate each other, but why do they keep coming together?

 


War Bonds

by Perpetual Motion




It is simply because we're idiots. Lonely idiots who have no pleasure at all in life because we are doomed to live as marked people. I am the vile, rotten traitor, who then doubled-back, but will never live in a trustful environment again. He is the savior. All wide eyes and innocence I know is false because I am the one who took it from him. He will forever be rejoiced and adored, but never truly understood because no one wants him to have flaws.

We are two lonely idiots who will never be loved. I am a traitor, and he is the savior. We come together because only antonyms such as ours fit so well together.

* * *

He always tells me it's a bad idea. Everytime I show up at his door, his opening line is, "This is a bad idea." I can usually get him to shut up by dropping to my knees.

What we are is... we're lonely and exhausted, and we need some kind of release. I know it's not love. It's not even close. It's just a way to keep the hysteria and the guilt and the stress away. he's risking his sanity and his life everytime he gets summoned, and I'm just trying not to go mad at the thought of having to save a whole world when I'm barely old enough to be an adult in it.

* * *

We have a connection born of war and darkness and evil. It will be nothing more or nothing less.

* * *

We are lonely and frightened, and wherever you can get it, comfort is a good thing.

 


Challenges * Home * Stories