Fandom: Adventure, Inc.
Pairing: Judson Cross/Gabe Patterson
Rating: PG
Disclaimer: They're not mine. They belong to people who make good money producing fun little syndicated shows that I'm addicted to.
Notes: First "Adventure, Inc." fic. Been wanting to write one for awhile. Nice to get some inspiration.
Warnings: None.
Summary: Quiet time on vacation.

Challenge: the February 2003 Include 3 Out of the 4 Listed Items Challenge: snowballs, hot chocolate, cable-knit sweater, camera.

 


Vacation

by Perpetual Motion




It was freezing cold, but Judson was enjoying it. He'd spent the last three winters below the equator on jobs; it was nice to feel a bite in the wind.

"You're going to freeze."

Judson turned around to find Gabe walking across the deck with a steaming mug in each hand. "It's been a long time since I've had a cold winter."

"At least you still have the clothes for it. Unlike Mac."

"She keeps her winter clothes to a minimum so she has an excuse to vacation in warm weather."

Gabe grinned. "She acts like we can't see right through her."

He handed Judson a mug. "Here. Hot chocolate by my mom's secret recipe."

"What's the secret?"

"Twelve-year-old scotch."

Judson took a sip. The burn felt great with the wind on his face. "Nice." He reached out a hand and pulled Gabe to him by the front of his heavy, cable-knit sweater. He kissed Gabe and felt the burn of scotch on his lips.

"Mmm." Gabe kissed him back with a smile. "It's nice to finally get you alone."

"Same to you. This is a great place."

"Been in my dad's family forever."

"Wish I'd brought a camera. We could show Mac what she's missing, staying in warm weather."

"I don't think Mac needs documented proof we're at each other like crazed weasels even when she's not here."

Judson laughed. "I was talking about pictures of the landscape, but if you'd like to pose-"

"Not a chance. There are still pictures of the first time I got drunk circling around to every publication in the world. They don't get pictures of me naked or me with you being a couple. I'm not sharing you with the world more than I have to."

Judson kissed Gabe again. "Let's go inside." He led the way, the burn in his body from a completely different source than doctored hot chocolate.

 


Challenges * Home * Stories